At what point should I start stacking vitality?

#1 Posted by Xanders (5 posts) -

I'm currently act 2 Nightmare with my monk and only have a couple pieces of gear that value Vitality over dex. I have barely any issues with dying. Towards act 4 should I be starting to equip gear with vitality/health regen to prepare for Hell? I'm assuming you die very quickly on Hell and of course Inferno

#2 Posted by WMWA (1159 posts) -

Immediately. For as long as you continue to play the game

#3 Posted by animathias (1076 posts) -

@wmaustin55 said:

Immediately. For as long as you continue to play the game
#4 Posted by pweidman (2215 posts) -

You'll start to see some of the crazy elites in Hell, those with 3 or 4 affixes, but your ever increasing offense as you lvl and get better gear will offset most of them, and it's really not that hard at all. You will die sure, but not too much. It's Inferno mode where everything changes. So I guess second half of Hell stock up on Vit, and even better start to aquire all-resist gear. The elemental damage from elite mobs is pretty rediculous in Inferno/farm to progress/AH dependent mode. LOL, seriously it's rediculous, but still fun, especially in full groups.

#5 Posted by Scotto (1113 posts) -

You should be casually looking to add vitality gear right away, but stacking vitality gear becomes a requirement around Act 2-3 of Hell difficulty, for melee classes. By the end of Hell, pretty much every piece of gear you have should have some form of life on it - either vitality, or Life %. Your total HP should be in the mid 40k range for Inferno, so stack stats accordingly.

#6 Posted by stinky (1545 posts) -

hell isnt all that. start worrying about gear when you start dying.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.