Battle Net SMS Issue

#1 Posted by Monopolized (554 posts) -

I wit the real money auction house being up I have decided to get involved, if I am looking to sell an item I need to set up battle.net SMS protect, I went to try and do that and it is telling me that my phone is pre paid when it is not.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any of this happen to them.

#2 Posted by Murtaug (326 posts) -

Using Google Voice? It would not let me use my GV number when I signed up for the extra protection a few months ago.

#3 Posted by Doctorchimp (4158 posts) -

@Monopolized said:

I wit the real money auction house being up I have decided to get involved, if I am looking to sell an item I need to set up battle.net SMS protect, I went to try and do that and it is telling me that my phone is pre paid when it is not.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any of this happen to them.

What country are you in and what service do you have?

I have a cousin in mexico using telcel and he doesn't consider it prepaid, but it pretty much is.

#4 Posted by Monopolized (554 posts) -

Rogers, in Canada

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.