Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Be ready for when the servers go live.

• 94 results
    xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xxNBxx

If you don't have your copy yet but want to save yourself some time later you can download the client. Here is a list of exe links.

Remember to uninstall the beta if you ever downloaded it. More on that here.

Also there will be a Starter Edition that you can download and have excess to when the servers go live. You must get a guest pass from someone to be able to play the starter edition. Guest passes can be found in the retail box of both CE and normal versions.

Diablo III Starter Edition provides players the ability to try out a limited version of Diablo III. Guest Pass keys allow a player to give friends the opportunity to play the Starter Edition of Diablo III. Guest Pass keys are included in all box copies of Diablo III.

Players on Starter Edition game licenses have the following restrictions:

Act 1 up to the Skeleton King is availble.

Level 13 cap

Matchmaking only with other starter edition players.

No Real Money Action House.

How do I get the Diablo III Starter Edition?

Log into your Battle.net Account Management page and navigate to the Download Game Clients section. The Diablo III Starter Edition will be available for download there.

Players without a Battle.net account can create one, and then download the Starter Edition.

Note: The Diablo III Starter Edition will not be available without a Guest Pass until 30 days after the game launches.

How do I download the Diablo III Starter Edition?

Navigate to the Download Game Clients section of your Battle.net Account Management page and click the icon for your operating system under the Diablo III heading.

How do I upgrade from Starter Edition to the full version of Diablo III?

Log into Battle.net Account Management and select your copy of Diablo III Starter Edition on the Game Account list. On your Diablo III Starter Edition Game Management page, you will see your upgrade options on the right-hand side.

So as long as you know someone that is getting the game at midnight, or already has the game, you can get the guest pass from them and play at least up to lvl 13. As of when I wrote this the Starter Edition wasn't up for download, but I would check from time to time to see if you can get it through out the day. Not sure if you can use the full client download (like the one I posted the link to above) and still play the starter edition. I will update when I see the starter edition up.

JoshuaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By JoshuaN

I think Blizzard has said that the starter edition won't come out for 30 days and that the passes are just a bonus for people who bought retail copies.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Tennmuerti

I have wine chilling in the fridge, the candles are set up, lube and paper towels are at the ready.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By gamefreak9

It was dispatched today... Amazon disapoints me... they said it won't be here until FRIDAY!!! OMG I dno what i'm going to do!

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xxNBxx

@JoshuaN said:

I think Blizzard has said that the starter edition won't come out for 30 days and that the passes are just a bonus for people who bought retail copies.

The 30 days after is for everyone without the guest pass.

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jaktajj

I'm so excited I can't eat anything because I feel sick. Can't remember the last time a mothereffing video game did this to me. THIS IS WHAT I LIVE FOR MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xxNBxx

@el_tajij said:

I'm so excited I can't eat anything because I feel sick. Can't remember the last time a mothereffing video game did this to me. THIS IS WHAT I LIVE FOR MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!

Last night I felt like I was 12 years old waiting for the Christmas. I am pumped! Been playing the Torchlight 2 beta to tide me over today.

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jaktajj

@xxNBxx said:

@el_tajij said:

Last night I felt like I was 12 years old waiting for the Christmas. I am pumped! Been playing the Torchlight 2 beta to tide me over today.

Oh man, I know. I'm not sure if I'll ever be excited for a game like this again!

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tennmuerti

@gamefreak9 said:

It was dispatched today... Amazon disapoints me... they said it won't be here until FRIDAY!!! OMG I dno what i'm going to do!

If it doesn't work out send me a PM, i'll throw a guest pass your way, so you can get a start at least while waiting for your copy to arrive.

eternalshades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By eternalshades

Speaking of Starter Edition... Anyone that already received their game have a guest pass available? I won't be receiving my game until late Tuesday night (damn UPS and their routes that always end up delivering stuff around 7-8pm!), but I would like join in the midnight launch madness and at least get past the content I've already done multiple times in the beta.

At least, I'm assuming it's possible to upgrade from starter to retail CE?

BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By BiG_Weasel

I predict server crashes, login issues, and lots and lots of lag. Just like any other launch.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Deathshroud

So from reading on the site. Midnight release is following PDT so ..I'll and many others will have to wait until 2 am etc. That kinda sucks. Normally when they do midnight release its midnight in your time zone.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tennmuerti

Servers just went live in EU.

But they got instantly overloaded lol. I keep getting servers too busy error 37.

Scottish_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By Scottish_Sin

@Tennmuerti said:

But they got instantly overloaded lol. I keep getting servers too busy error 37.

Haha, same here!

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#15  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Servers come online in North America at 1am Mountain Time, and I have a job interview tomorrow morning. So yeah, as much as I'd like to, I will have to save my Diablo III play for a reasonable hour of the day.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Tennmuerti

@ArbitraryWater said:

Servers come online in North America at 1am Mountain Time, and I have a job interview tomorrow morning. So yeah, as much as I'd like to, I will have to save my Diablo III play for a reasonable hour of the day.

Hehe, i'm going to be conducting interviews for the rest of the week and some next, but took tuesday off. Fuck em.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BrockNRolla

@Tennmuerti said:

I suspect this is the experience we are all about to have in the states as well.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Tennmuerti

@BrockNRolla said:

@Tennmuerti said:

I suspect this is the experience we are all about to have in the states as well.

Woo new error: temporary outage of battle.net servers error 75

Progress!

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WMWA

Can someone please help? I'm freaking out because when I try to install (already bought and downloaded digital version) it gives me Error Code: BLZPTS00008. I am not the best with computers and would be forever grateful if someone could help me try and figure this out!

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BrockNRolla

I really take umbrage with them allowing "free trials" on day 1. They shouldn't be catering to a bunch of looky-loos when they've got paying customers who on their own would probably crash the servers. Should have waited until next week to offer the free trials.

Hopefully the numbers will remain low for "Starter" players since they need invites.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Tennmuerti

@wmaustin55 said:

Can someone please help? I'm freaking out because when I try to install (already bought and downloaded digital version) it gives me Error Code: BLZPTS00008. I am not the best with computers and would be forever grateful if someone could help me try and figure this out!

It's a blizzard internal code, you have several options, go on their troubleshooting site and try to figure it out, delete your installer and try to redownload, wait for servers to be less busy.

Scottish_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By Scottish_Sin

Well, I managed to accept the terms of use and got hit with that error 37 again. Progress though! ;)

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Tennmuerti

15 minutes in

servers still too busy

i'm gonna go watch some TV

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WMWA
    @Tennmuerti Something on my hard drive is corrupted more than likely. What are my options here? A full scan would take forever, is there a workaround?
    BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BrockNRolla

@Tennmuerti said:

@wmaustin55 said:

It's a blizzard internal code, you have several options, go on their troubleshooting site and try to figure it out, delete your installer and try to redownload, wait for servers to be less busy.

Also, I would suggest just googling that error code and seeing if others on forums are having similar issues. I was running into problems this morning while trying to download and searched to find a lot of other people were also having the same issue. They also had the solution; so give it a shot and you might get lucky.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BrockNRolla

@Tennmuerti said:

@BrockNRolla said:

@Tennmuerti said:

Woo new error: temporary outage of battle.net servers error 75

Progress!

That one doesn't sound as friendly though. Good luck.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By IroN1c

Anyone got a EU Guest Pass for me, please? :)

D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By D0tti

Anyone got a EU guest pass for me, please? I need to see if my laptop can run it. Thanks in advance :).

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Syndrom

a half hour into the eu launch and shit is still hitting the fan ofcourse. Hell, this was to expected right?

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

@Syndrom said:

a half hour into the eu launch and shit is still hitting the fan ofcourse. Hell, this was to expected right?

Imagine how bad it would be if they hadn't had their "stress test" weekend.

Probably about the same.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Syndrom

@Krakn3Dfx said:

@Syndrom said:

Imagine how bad it would be if they hadn't had their "stress test" weekend.

Probably about the same.

haha yeah, stress test my ass.

Oh well can't really blame them either i think, this is basicly a DDOS attack on their servers. Gonna grab some shuteye and hope that tommorow brings smooth sailings.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WMWA

It seems to e working now, booted up in safe mode in networking so the installer would extract files. I'll run a virus sweep after it installs properly, I'm just trying to get it all set up before the servers get too bogged down

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Syndrom

@wmaustin55 said:

It seems to e working now, booted up in safe mode in networking so the installer would extract files. I'll run a virus sweep after it installs properly, I'm just trying to get it all set up before the servers get too bogged down

the servers are allready bogged down :)

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Brunchies

I have a question about this server business. Is it all a bunch of separate servers that operate together to make one huge server for the game or is it a bunch of smaller clusters like the realms of WOW.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Syndrom said:

@wmaustin55 said:

the servers are allready bogged down :)

servers were bogged down in the first second :)

Mocca_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mocca_Bear

@ArbitraryWater: Don't worry, servers most likely be flooded at launch. Rejoice! Most likely you'll get to experience a hiccup-free Diablo 3 login!

Your blizzard installer botched some files during download, the best thing you can do is delete everything you had and re-install the installer. No biggie just let the application do the work and you'll be ok!

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Tennmuerti

Well fuck now i wish i could just go to sleep.

But i know i won't be able to too much anticipation/excitement, i'll just be tossing and turning thinking of D3, sigh.

Gravier251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Gravier251

Yeah, I tried logging in as soon as it went up. Got as far as accepting the various terms of use things and then after that got the "servers too busy" error. Been unable to log on at all since the servers went up.

Avatar image for deactivated-60534c109535a
    deactivated-60534c109535a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Diablo III Breaking news: Due to concurrency the login servers are currently at full capacity.This may cause delays in the login process,account pages and web services in addition to the game login.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience while this is being resolved.

No need to login in EU now i am going to bed,see you duders.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Syndrom

i'm off to bed, hoping that this will go better in the morning.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Funkydupe

Aaand I'm spent...!

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WMWA

I wish Funky Student were here...he'd fix my computer forsheezy

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By Ben_H

Ok so I can get in 10 hours ahead of the American launch, but servers are overloaded. :(

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By xxNBxx

@Ben_H said:

Ok so I can get in 10 hours ahead of the American launch, but servers are overloaded. :(

At this rate it's probably going to be the same over here. Your still going to get to play before us most likely.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#45  Edited By Ben_H
    @xxNBxx said:

@Ben_H said:

At this rate it's probably going to be the same over here. Your still going to get to play before us most likely.

Haha probably. I'm just going to go have supper and try after.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Tennmuerti

I'm in fuckers WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Turambar

25 minutes and counting.  

No Caption Provided
    SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SSully

Anyone manage to get in yet?

PDXSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By PDXSonic

@SSully said:

Anyone manage to get in yet?

I have not. A friend of mine has though. :(

If I would have put my password in correctly I would have gotten in already lol.

zyzus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By zyzus

Nada. Stuck at Retrieving Hero List.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.