Blizzard confirms unicorns in Diablo III

#1 Edited by PenguinDust (12440 posts) -

In what has to be one of the funniest jokes I've seen in a while, Blizzard released these new images on the Diablo III forums.  A direct thumb-in-the-eye to those internet detractors who have already decried the look the game is taking.

The images come from Destructoid [http://www.destructoid.com/blizzard-mocks-diablo-purists-with-unicorns-that-poo-rainbows-120463.phtml] as well as Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5146004/now-are-you-happy-with-diablos-art-style]

I kinda wish the Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man was in the game...
#2 Edited by Bulldog19892 (1795 posts) -

That's fucking awesome.

It would be even cooler if they actually put that kind of stuff in the game as like an easter egg or hidden bonus, you know like the Cow Level.

#3 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

While the unicorn looks to be pretty obviously pasted into the screenshot, Stay-Puff seems to actually be rendered... Hm...

#4 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -
End_Boss said:
"While the unicorn looks to be pretty obviously pasted into the screenshot, Stay-Puff seems to actually be rendered... Hm..."
Glad I'm not the only one who thought that. Maybe its all a hoax? or some hint to unlockable content?
#5 Posted by Shazam (474 posts) -

If only, if only... Maybe you can change into a unicorn if you're a Shaman? :D

#6 Posted by Bucketdeth (8003 posts) -

haha that would be great, Diablo 3 will kick ass no matter what.

#7 Posted by RichardLOlson (1852 posts) -
Well that is cool.  but its just like in Oblivion how u can capture that unicorn and make him yours.  Or in Morrowind how u can find that stargate and those lightsabers.
#8 Posted by strangeling (1260 posts) -
Blizzard confirms rainbow-farting unicorns in Diablo III
#9 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -
RichardLOlson said:
"Well that is cool.  but its just like in Oblivion how u can capture that unicorn and make him yours.  Or in Morrowind how u can find that stargate and those lightsabers."
you can capture the unicorn man in oblivion.
as well where are my rape shoes? i wanna rape me a unicorn in diablo 3.
#10 Posted by destro (248 posts) -

Haha thats the worst copy and paste job ive ever seen. Although it sill doesnt mean unicorns wont be in the game. It will be better if you just saw them when walking around and what not.

#11 Posted by Hexpane (1397 posts) -

Obviously fake, it's a joke about how"WoW ghehness ghey" Diablo3's graphics are.  I have to agree w/ this emo loser, the WoW looking diablo 3 is an obvious cash in attempt on WoW fans.  It doesn't look like Diablo and it is indeed fruity looking

#12 Posted by MB (11894 posts) -
Hexpane said:
It doesn't look like Diablo...
Diablo 3 will look however Blizzard decides it should.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.