Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Blizzard starts hiring console team for Diablo 3.

• 113 results
    metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By metal_mills
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/careers/directory.html#region=Americas 

Dayyymn! Internet meltdown incoming. Although with Diablo 1 being on consoles it's not that crazy. Still, this will probably make those blizzard fans froth at the mouth just like they did with Starcraft: Ghost. It's pretty obvious PC will be the head system though, just like Half-life 2 is even though that's on consoles too.
    rosebud04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By rosebud04

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!

DaemonBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By DaemonBlack

Interesting, but I don't care what platform it's on I just want it before 2015.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By MikkaQ

Wooooord, I'm actually exited about that. Now I don't have to upgrade or buy a computer when Diablo rolls around, and I don't have to worry as much about cheaty cheatertons. 

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By august

The thing about Diablo is that even though it's no Starcraft, it's still pretty mouse focused. You need to be able to select a specific target very quickly, especially if you're a spellcaster. Have a feeling this will be "not the version you want" territory.

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By matthew

This changes nothing.  PC it is for me.  This is the game thats going to get me to build a new one.  Imagine just trying to play this type of game on a PS3 controller - this is as PC as it gets. 

Only thing thats got me miffed is the extra time it's going to take.  But hey, whats 3 more years when I've already waited 9?

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Julmust

That's cool, I might get it on the 360 then. If that's the current console when this is released.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jack268

No Caption Provided
    Seriously, hate to be a master race but a game like Diablo on consoles? wtf
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9  Edited By Geno

So that will probably extend its release date for another couple of years...to 2018. 

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kishan6

omg... w/e as long as we have starcraft and warcraft still exclusive thats fine

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By FreakAche

Prepare for months of poorly informed overreactions from Blizzard "fans" everywhere.

WJist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By WJist

The thing is...the multiplayer market exists for Diablo 3 to be kind of a neat idea on consoles. Maybe this is the way Battle.net breaks XBL or PSN?

The prospect of seeing "Act 1 ANDY RUNSGOGOGOGO" on my Xbox queue is actually kind of amusing.

Avatar image for DELETE_chickenpants
    ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ChickenPants

this is going to cause such a huge shitstorm

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By keyhunter

THE RAINBOWS WERE BAD ENOUGH :(
    Also this will limit cheating assholes and is probably a good thing. Also Achievement points. Also Diablo on the PSX controlled just fine.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By ez123
    @WJist: That's the thing, I don't see MS allowing B.net, Sony might do it.  If they did though, I'd get PC & 360.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well at least it's a game that can work great on consoles.  If you have direct character control with the analog stick and cycling through on-screen enemies with the other analog stick for spell casting and the like, it should work great.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jimbo

Kinda expected them to console it tbh.  Why deny yourself a couple million (or more) sales just for the sake of it?

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By melcene

Considering that the franchise isn't new to console, I'm interested to see how this plays out. 

Also, if they end up having D3 have no multiplayer capability outside Bnet on the PC, like they did with SC2, then a console version may be the way I go.  Screw Bnet.

pewpewlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pewpewlazer

About time, I don't understand why anyone would make a game with such simple mechanics exclusively for PC.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By august
    @melcene said:
    " Considering that the franchise isn't new to console, I'm interested to see how this plays out.  Also, if they end up having D3 have no multiplayer capability outside Bnet on the PC, like they did with SC2, then a console version may be the way I go.  Screw Bnet. "
    How would Live be an improvement?
    Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I can't imagine how they'd do it without making the console and PC versions entirely different games.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By melcene
    @august said:
    " @melcene said:
    " Considering that the franchise isn't new to console, I'm interested to see how this plays out.  Also, if they end up having D3 have no multiplayer capability outside Bnet on the PC, like they did with SC2, then a console version may be the way I go.  Screw Bnet. "
    How would Live be an improvement? "
    A.  I didn't mean live - I meant local multiplayer.  Not having a LAN or TCP/IP option would tick me off for PC, so I would hope there'd be a local multiplayer option on the console version. 

B.  There wouldn't be the same ladder crap in Live?  I dunno really, because I've never messed with Bnet.  I just don't like being forced to use Bnet just to play with other people in my house.
    phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By phrosnite

When I saw the 15min demo in 2008 I said, "Diablo 3 will be on the consoles for sure!" 
    I TOLD YOU SO INTERNET! It feels good to be right :)

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By august
    @melcene said:
    " @august said:
    " @melcene said:
    A.  I didn't mean live - I meant local multiplayer.  Not having a LAN or TCP/IP option would tick me off for PC, so I would hope there'd be a local multiplayer option on the console version.
    Don't see why they'd include it, and for the same reasons.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By ch13696

My question is, why the fuck is Blizzard making games for consoles? They are PC driven. I got money that Activision is behind this. 

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By DeF

I love playing on consoles but diablo on a gamepad isn't diablo. I'll get the PC version

now if they made a different, unique diablo game for consoles, that'd be another story

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By frankxiv
    @melcene said:
    " @august said:
    " @melcene said:
    A.  I didn't mean live - I meant local multiplayer.  Not having a LAN or TCP/IP option would tick me off for PC, so I would hope there'd be a local multiplayer option on the console version.  B.  There wouldn't be the same ladder crap in Live?  I dunno really, because I've never messed with Bnet.  I just don't like being forced to use Bnet just to play with other people in my house. "
    i honestly doubt the 360 would be any better considering how few games ship with system link options, and the low likelihood of local/splitscreen mp
    phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By phrosnite
    @ch13696: 
    Sales... Even though Diablo is a big franchise it won't sell 10 million copies that Blizzard wants if it's only on the PC. Look at Starcraft 2 - 3 million units sold, that's pathetic.
    august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By august

Maybe by "console" they mean "3DS." That could be awesome.

RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@melcene said:

" @august said:

" @melcene said:
    ?  I dunno really, because I've never messed with Bnet.
    You seem well informed on the pros and cons of Battle.net!  Sorry to be a douche.  I just don't understand why people shit on battle.net when steam games are very similar yet the same people that shit on B.net praise steam.  It's really not that hard to type in your log-in and password to play with someone in your house.  Like the other dude said, I don't see it being any more likely that they would include local multiplayer on consoles than it is for them to do so on PC.  I would imagine if they incluided it in one, they would include it in the other version anyways.
    phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By phrosnite

I can't believe some of you can't imagine Diablo 3 on the consoles. Look at the 2008 15 min demo!

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By benjaebe

Cool, more people get to play Diablo. It'll still be better on PC (obviously) because that's where Blizzard's strengths are, but at least the game can get out to a wider audience.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Bones8677
    @Jack268 said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    Seriously, hate to be a master race faggot but a game like Diablo on consoles? wtf "
    Diablo has been on consoles before. >_>
    jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By jorbear

No Caption Provided
    august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By august
    @Bones8677 said:
    " @Jack268 said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    Seriously, hate to be a master race faggot but a game like Diablo on consoles? wtf "
    Diablo has been on consoles before. >_> "
    That doesn't mean it's the version of the game you want to play.

Starcraft 64 didn't exactly set the world on fire.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ch13696
    @phrosnite said:
    " @ch13696:  Sales... Even though Diablo is a big franchise it won't sell 10 million copies that Blizzard wants if it's only on the PC. Look at Starcraft 2 - 3 million units sold, that's pathetic. "
    What? 3 million is good. Is Bobby Kotick having a problem swimming in $180,000,000? Just because it didn't make the "7 million sold" mark, doesn't mean that isn't good enough. I mean this isn't Call of Duty. I'm sure that most of the people that own just a console doesn't know what Diablo is. They'll most likely see Diablo III and ask where the first 2 are then up and forget about forget about the game. 
    melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By melcene
    @xobballox said:

You seem well informed on the pros and cons of Battle.net!  Sorry to be a douche.  I just don't understand why people shit on battle.net when steam games are very similar yet the same people that shit on B.net praise steam.  It's really not that hard to type in your log-in and password to play with someone in your house.  Like the other dude said, I don't see it being any more likely that they would include local multiplayer on consoles than it is for them to do so on PC.  I would imagine if they incluided it in one, they would include it in the other version anyways. "

Actually I can't stand steam either.  I don't even have it installed on my machine.  I could see where you'd be coming from on that though.

As for people who "can't see it happening" I think that since developers were able to pull it off with Sacred 2 on the console no problem, there's no reason they couldn't do the same with Diablo. 
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@melcene said:
    " @xobballox said:

You seem well informed on the pros and cons of Battle.net!  Sorry to be a douche.  I just don't understand why people shit on battle.net when steam games are very similar yet the same people that shit on B.net praise steam.  It's really not that hard to type in your log-in and password to play with someone in your house.  Like the other dude said, I don't see it being any more likely that they would include local multiplayer on consoles than it is for them to do so on PC.  I would imagine if they incluided it in one, they would include it in the other version anyways. "

Actually I can't stand steam either.  I don't even have it installed on my machine.  I could see where you'd be coming from on that though. As for people who "can't see it happening" I think that since developers were able to pull it off with Sacred 2 on the console no problem, there's no reason they couldn't do the same with Diablo.  "
    If you are against Steam as well, then I have no problem with your rantings.  Again, sorry to be a douche.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By Diamond
    @ChickenPants said:

this is going to cause such a huge shitstorm

The 50 years shitstorm

Personally I'd be somewhat more interested in Diablo if they give you direct control over the player movements.  Being able to move and aim your attack with a thumbstick would be great (like Geometry Wars).

If they do that for consoles they should enable that as an option on PC too.
    Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Bones8677
    @august said:
    " @Bones8677 said:
    " @Jack268 said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    Diablo has been on consoles before. >_> "
    That doesn't mean it's the version of the game you want to play.  Starcraft 64 didn't exactly set the world on fire. "
    First of all, that was an RTS. Which is a different beast entirely. 
    Second, I didn't say that a console version was the one to get.
    WJist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#44  Edited By WJist
    @august said:
    " Maybe by "console" they mean "3DS." That could be awesome. "
    Dude, Diablo in my pocket? That would be exciting! I mean the old LOTR games on GBA were basically Diablo clones...why NOT have the real deal?
    phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By phrosnite
    @ch13696: 3 million for a overhyped, bla, bla, bla mainstream game like Starcraft 2 is NOT good. Freakin Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 sold 9 million each. Blizzard is looking at all those games (not CoD) and WANT to sell as many copies. Diablo 2 has sold 11 million. Blizzrd probably wants to sell 5 million copies in the first month. They will never do that if it's only on the PC. Not to mention that the game will be "just plain fun" nothing more.

Also when a game sells 3 million this  is NOT 180 million dollars pure profit . The developer gets 27 dollars. The publisher gets some, the retailers get some and other shit.
    Glak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#46  Edited By Glak

This is interesting, although this is either going to be hit or miss 
    I hope they do this right, it will allow me to introduce to Diablo to my console only friends 
    Good luck Blizzard

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#47  Edited By mracoon

Good for Blizzard but I'd still only want to play on the PC.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Azteck

I don't see this game working on consoles at all. I mean, if RTS games are struggling to get their shit together, how is a game like Diablo meant to handle it? With the fast pacing and multiple keybinds, a mouse and keyboard seem almost mandatory.

Paulus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Paulus

They're just reintroducing themselves to the console market in preparation for the epic and long awaited rock and roll racing 2...aka Universe of Rock and Roll Racing.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ajamafalous

There is no fucking way Diablo can be played well on a gamepad.

Yes, I'm aware of the PS1 version of Diablo 1.

I played it.

It was shit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.