Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Buying a digital copy.

Fin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fin

I'm sure this is an oh-so-stupid question, but is the only place you can get a digital copy of Diablo 3 the official Diablo site? There are no other digital retailers?

Again, my apologies for my obvious stupidity.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By spiceninja

You can buy it there for from battle.net under account management. Either way you're going to have to sign into your battle.net account and download the download client from the account management screen.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By mosdl

@Fin said:

I'm sure this is an oh-so-stupid question, but is the only place you can get a digital copy of Diablo 3 the official Diablo site? There are no other digital retailers?

Again, my apologies for my obvious stupidity.

Yeah, Blizzard games can only be bought on battle.net.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By stinky

no other digital retailers.

Fin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fin

Ah I see I was just wondering because I was looking around trying to compare prices and that seems to be the only place to buy it. Appreciate your help, may hold out on buying it for now, price is a bit steep.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By stinky

will be waiting years for a price dip, possibly 5 to 10.

Fin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fin

Hah yeah I guessed as much, I'll probably head down to the shops tomorrow see if anyone has got any in-store offers that can tempt me (and if I've got enough crap to trade in!).

SuperCycle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SuperCycle

I'm wondering if it's currently available for Mac users. When I was looking at buying it I didn't see an option to buy it for Mac, and didn't want to buy the wrong digital version by accident. I thought it was available for Mac, but did they make the game themselves or did they port it and do I have to buy that version somewhere else?

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @Fin: Your best bet will be amazon in a few weeks if you want it for cheaper.
    spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By spiceninja

@SuperCycle: All of Blizzard's games are PC and Mac compatible. After you buy the game you have the option of downloading the Windows or Mac client to download and install. Blizzard has always done their own Mac versions and they are the exact same as the PC versions.

SuperCycle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SuperCycle

@PlasmaBeam44: That sounds... Actually pretty amazing. I did not know and thank you for letting me know. I think I may have to go and buy this game now.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By spiceninja

@SuperCycle: What's even more amazing is that the disc versions are the exact same. It's a weird hybrid disc that works on both Mac and PC

SuperCycle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SuperCycle

@PlasmaBeam44: Here I was swearing to myself that I would never buy another game from Activision. Here you are telling me how Blizzard will accommodate my computer of choice, with a seemingly really cool game. What am I to do? Should I continue my self imposed boycott of Activision because I don't like them as a company, or should I relent for a game I think looks awesome. I guess I could justify it to myself in thinking that Blizzard and Activision aren't really the same company. Oh Dear, if someone would only tell me what to do.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By spiceninja

@SuperCycle: I don't see them as the same company. Activision really has no say over them at all other than possibly pressuring them for release dates. Other than that they're left to their own devices. There's no Activion logo anywhere on the game.

SuperCycle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SuperCycle

@PlasmaBeam44: Damnit! Alright I did it, in all honesty I didn't need that big of a push, but now I just need to wait for it to download.

Fin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fin

Got a guest pass so that's me sorted for now :D

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#17  Edited By Hector

@SuperCycle said:

I'm wondering if it's currently available for Mac users. When I was looking at buying it I didn't see an option to buy it for Mac, and didn't want to buy the wrong digital version by accident. I thought it was available for Mac, but did they make the game themselves or did they port it and do I have to buy that version somewhere else?

It is. All Blizzard games are available on both Mac and PC. I'm playing it on my Mac right now! :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.