Can I run it?

#1 Posted by McGriddle550 (285 posts) -

All of my hardware meets the min requirements except my graphics, it's a Geforce 9800 GT will this be enough to run Diablo III on medium?

#2 Posted by FateOfNever (1809 posts) -

I don't know. Go to canyourunit and find out how well you meet and exceed the requirements. That should give you a good idea if you acn run it on medium or not. Even if you can only play the game on minimum settings though it's still a decent looking game.

#3 Posted by Ben_H (3296 posts) -

According to their requirements page you can (They say 7800 as minimum for Nvidia, which is two years older), it just probably won't be too smooth. Probably a mixture of low and medium would work fine.

#4 Posted by myketuna (1644 posts) -

@McGriddle550: I ran the beta and my buddy is playing the game as we speak on a 9600GT. Which is a weaker card than your 9800GT. Should run Diablo 3 on medium with physics on low and the "Low FX" option on.

#5 Posted by Cloneslayer (1621 posts) -

I hate to ask but I dont want to pay 60 bucks for a game I cant run.

Only worried about the processor and graphics card.

Intel Core i5 M540 @2.53Ghz and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650.

thanks in advance!!!

#6 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@Cloneslayer: Why don't you try it out and see.

#7 Edited by Cloneslayer (1621 posts) -

@TentPole: How? I'm not going to pay for the game if I cant run it.

Edit: oh i get you thanks!!!

#8 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@Cloneslayer: Check your inbox.

#9 Posted by Redhorn (222 posts) -

@FateOfNever said:

I don't know. Go to canyourunit and find out how well you meet and exceed the requirements. That should give you a good idea if you acn run it on medium or not. Even if you can only play the game on minimum settings though it's still a decent looking game.

Parroting this, Can You Run It is a fantastic tool.

#10 Posted by MonetaryDread (1987 posts) -

I was able to max out the beta with an 8800gt, i52500k, and 4gig of ram. So unless the game engine is almost completely CPU-dependant for fps you should be able to turn up all the eye candy.

#11 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2203 posts) -

No, you can't run it, because the servers are down and there's no offline

#12 Posted by Cloneslayer (1621 posts) -

the only reason I worry Is that my laptop is really hit and miss with games.It can run some modern games fine and some it just cant. Thanks to @Tentpole for the guest pass so I can test it out for real.

#13 Edited by Bwast (1342 posts) -

@Cloneslayer said:

I hate to ask but I dont want to pay 60 bucks for a game I cant run.

Only worried about the processor and graphics card.

Intel Core i5 M540 @2.53Ghz and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650.

thanks in advance!!!

Yes, you should be able to run it. Not on max, probably a mix of medium and high settings.

Although, I should mention that Blizzard have had a spotty history with ATI. Make sure you have the latest drivers.

#14 Posted by warxsnake (2634 posts) -

No one can run it right now

#15 Posted by happypup70 (168 posts) -

By the way the game looks really good on low everything so if that is how you have to run it it will be fine.

#16 Edited by xyzygy (9870 posts) -

@SomeDeliCook said:

No, you can't run it, because the servers are down and there's no offline

Wait, there's no offline? Wow, fuck this game. I was gonna get this at some point in the future but knowing this, I'll pass.

#17 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

I bet you can. I'm running it enjoyably at all low/off settings at 1280x800 with a workstation laptop vid card (Quadro 770M).

It still looks great at all low settings. When you can play...

#18 Posted by Milkman (16484 posts) -
#19 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@xyzygy: There is no offline but there is single-player.

#20 Posted by xyzygy (9870 posts) -

@TentPole said:

Yeah but you need to be online to play it right? Completely stupid. I'm not supporting this game. The last thing I want is to lose progress because my internet gives out for a second.

#21 Edited by TehJedicake (875 posts) -

Yes. a 9800 is an underrated graphics card. Especially GT. It can run it.

#22 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2203 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

@TentPole said:

Yeah but you need to be online to play it right? Completely stupid. I'm not supporting this game. The last thing I want is to lose progress because my internet gives out for a second.

Or not be able to play your $60 PC game completely

#23 Posted by LiquidPrince (15836 posts) -

@MonetaryDread said:

I was able to max out the beta with an 8800gt, i52500k, and 4gig of ram. So unless the game engine is almost completely CPU-dependant for fps you should be able to turn up all the eye candy.

That's an odd combination. One of the best CPU's currently, with a pretty darn old graphics card.

#24 Posted by Cloneslayer (1621 posts) -

well i got the starter edition working and it seems my computer can run it. there is some hitching with some of the more elaborate moves even with low fx turned on. well its playable and thats all i needed to know so ill be picking this up tomorrow (provided servers working still)

#25 Posted by AndrewB (7453 posts) -

My Core 2 Duo/ 8800 GT has no problems, so you'd be all set. That easily meets the minimum requirements... I think you're talking about the "recommended" requirements?

I think the only thing I have on medium is shadow quality because that's what it was by default and I haven't gone messing around with stuff too much.

#26 Posted by MB (11902 posts) -

Just to throw this out there...my MacBook Air runs it no problem on low settings. I normally won't be playing the game on it, bit there you go.

Moderator Online
#27 Edited by MonetaryDread (1987 posts) -

@LiquidPrince said:

@MonetaryDread said:

That's an odd combination. One of the best CPU's currently, with a pretty darn old graphics card.

My mainboard died and there was no point in buying a mainboard for a c2duo processor. Since I only had about $600 at the time I decided to spend it all on mainboard, processor, and ram while holding off on picking up a video card until I could buy a video card worth upgrading to. When I had the money for a new video card the 680 was about to be released, so I just waited an extra month before lucking out and getting my 680 on launch day for MSRP.

#28 Posted by inimitableAC (7 posts) -

Will be crushed If I pay 65 dollars for this and not be able to run it lol

#29 Posted by Korwin (2814 posts) -

The game is so low spec a graphic's calculator could run it, don't worry you'll be fine.

#30 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

Can you experience it?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.