Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Check your server region before starting a character.

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By theguy

I noticed that today's maintenance went from 12.00am to 6.00pm in GMT which is bullshit. It struck me as weird that the times were in PDT so I decided to check my server region. Apparently when I started that game the server region defaulted to "AMERICAS" even though I'm in Europe. There wasn't even a promt to select it when I first started. I changed my server region to Europe and logged in and my lv 23 monk was gone. Apparently characters so not transfer across regions so unless I want to start again I have to put up with daytime maintenance, lag and not being able to play with my friends. Judging by the Diablo 3 forums it's pretty common for players in all regions to be defaulted the the wrong servers.

I just wanted to warn you guys. Check your server region before starting a character, it could save you a lot of trouble.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mandude

Yeah, this is kind of annoying. It keeps defaulting me to the American servers. At first I thought all my dudes had been deleted. :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.