Console Owners are you going to buy this game ?

• 108 results
Edited 1 year, 4 days ago

Poll: Console Owners are you going to buy this game ? (243 votes)

Yes 42%
No 58%

Diablo 3 is set to release on September 3rd on Xbox 360 and PS3. A PS4 version will be coming out in 2014.

Some websites have reviewed the Console port and surprisingly it looks ok.

OPM

– 8/10

Game Informer

– 9.25/10

Eurogamer

– 9/10

GameSurf

– 9/10

GamesVillage

– 8.9/10

This port has been praised for its Local Co-op. At least Console owners wont need to worry about server woes and Error 37.

#51 Posted by two_socks (230 posts) -

Nope, don't really care about Diablo.

#52 Posted by Mr_Misery (258 posts) -

I rented it from Gamefly for PS3 and will play it again on PS4.

#53 Posted by OGinOR (314 posts) -

Purchased for the 360 and have already have a Demon Hunter at level 10...it's not bad...feels good with the analog sticks and face-buttons.

#54 Edited by PenguinDust (12499 posts) -

Nah, I have Torchlight II and Titan Quest on the PC. I'm satisfied with that. If I was still interested in this game-type I'd have bought it on PC already.

#55 Posted by Nightriff (5034 posts) -

If its good, sure, if it isn't, no.

#56 Posted by MetalBaofu (1374 posts) -

Maybe...haven't really decided if I want to buy or just rent it. Whatever I do it will be the PS4 version, so I have plenty of time to decide.

#57 Posted by MegaLombax (387 posts) -

Yes please. I bought the PC version and my account got hacked and my internet at home is far too unstable for my liking a smooth online-only experience. I'm buying it for the 360 because of the offline capability.

#58 Posted by Sterling (2163 posts) -

So, who has already bought it? Thoughts? Opinions? Inject your information!

#59 Posted by MormonWarrior (2577 posts) -

Yep, when it drops in price a little. I have some friends I'd like to play a co-op dungeon crawler with and I've heard this is weirdly the definitive version of it.

Couch co-op rocks. I wish there was something this full-fledged on the GameCube back in the day. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance didn't quite do enough for me and Crystal Chronicles was a mess.

#60 Posted by Elwoodan (819 posts) -

I've already put like 100+ hours into the PC version so probably not, I don't doubt it'll sell a few copies, but I have to imagine that, seeing as how scale-able it was on PC most people already picked it up.

Also those TV spots are TERRIBLE.

#61 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11645 posts) -

The idea of couch co-op is tempting, but not tempting enough for me to shell out $60 on a game I bought a year and a half ago.

#62 Posted by OurSin_360 (843 posts) -

Reviews for the pc version were good to, then a week later everyone said the game was terrible.

#63 Posted by firecracker22 (537 posts) -

Always wanted to play it, but I didn't have a good enough machine to run it. I play everything on console anyways, so yeah. I'll be picking it up for sure.

#64 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3805 posts) -

I haven't played this yet. I have interest but am torn between the two versions. Greatly would prefer the performance of PC but would greatly prefer to play it with a controller. So I probably just won't end up playing it because they won't patch in controller support. Good work Blizzard!

#65 Posted by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

Been playing on the 360, absolutely amazing. The console version is miles better than the PC version because of the controls alone. This kind of game is meant to be played with a controller. Using a mouse is just dumb. It's so much nicer to be able to control your character fluidly and attack with ease.

#66 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1573 posts) -

I've got zero history with the Diablo series, which is both why I'd never buy the game at full price and why I could see myself picking up for cheap to see what the fuss is all about.

#67 Edited by Fattony12000 (7323 posts) -
#68 Edited by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

Good reviews for D3 are meaningless, the press will review anything Blizzard makes well no matter what.

That's... not true.

I'd consider buying this on console if I didn't have a nice PC. Seems solid.

#69 Posted by Zomgfruitbunnies (771 posts) -

This is probably going to sound super bitter, but if I wanted to play a good Diablo game I would just install Diablo 2, again.

#70 Edited by EXTomar (4690 posts) -

I love Diablo 3 and put a lot of time into characters but not enough to buy it again at full price. If I could get it for cheap I would try to see what is in it.

#71 Posted by Zelyre (1175 posts) -

I dropped two crossbows twenty paces away from one another - they did not duel.

I do have the PC version, though...

#72 Edited by Andorski (5287 posts) -

Reviews for the pc version were good to, then a week later everyone said the game was terrible.

It's because the issues with the game don't pop up until you get into Inferno Act III. The game is great up until that point.

#73 Posted by Slaegar (703 posts) -

The menus look awful, but its tempting since me and my sister enjoyed original Diablo on the Playstation as a local co-op game.

#74 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

I feel famous. On a side note i had all ready picked to get it before I made the tweet. I was just stuck in a car and in traffic.

#75 Posted by tourgen (4478 posts) -

It's tempting. I skipped the PC version. This version has local co-op, no Battlenet, no auction house, and a loot system balanced for a no-$$$ system. The direct control looks kind of cool too.

But then I saw the level up and skill mechanics. Oh yeah. No thanks. If I get the itch I'll just go play Sacred or Immortal Throne or something.

#76 Edited by HistoryInRust (6293 posts) -

It's a great version of the game.

If you skipped the PC version for any number of reasons, or simply didn't have the chance to play it, I'd actually recommend you opt for the console version. Rebalanced loot system, offline coop and singleplayer, a silky-smooth control scheme.

Having a great load of fun with it.

#77 Posted by stryker1121 (1409 posts) -

Haven't played this for PC, so I'll most likely pick this up whenever my GTAV jones is sated. No rush, really. I still haven't beat Torchlight II on PC.

#78 Posted by Fattony12000 (7323 posts) -
@zelyre said:

I dropped two crossbows twenty paces away from one another - they did not duel.

I do have the PC version, though...

I feel famous. On a side note i had all ready picked to get it before I made the tweet. I was just stuck in a car and in traffic.

lol

#79 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@fattony12000: wow I didn't even notice auto correct changed that to duel.

#80 Posted by Fattony12000 (7323 posts) -
#81 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

I bought it. I'll be playing it locally with my sisters tonight. Easier than both of them buying gaming PC's and a copy of D3 each.

#82 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

I got it. Solo is pretty boring but multiplayer is fun.

#83 Posted by Aviar (427 posts) -

I put way to many hours into this on the PC when it first came out. I would like to try the local multi-player but I'll wait for it to come for free on Playstation Plus.

#84 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

I am about level 7 on my Demon Hunter.

I have a few questions.

Can you replay chapters? If you can do you keep all your stuff? Like blacksmith levels? Gold?

Is there new game plus?

#85 Posted by Tennmuerti (8075 posts) -

I am about level 7 on my Demon Hunter.

I have a few questions.

Can you replay chapters? If you can do you keep all your stuff? Like blacksmith levels? Gold?

Is there new game plus?

You can replay any chapter or quest at any time as much as you want to. You keep everything, your character and everything associated with them is completely separate from chapter progress (think of it more like an MMO). What you have is always there, items, gold, blacksmith upgrades, even across multiple characters.

There are 3 newgame plus's (nightmare, hell, inferno) and the last one can be considered to have it's own number of newgame plus's that can be replayed infinitely. Difficulty ramps up considerably with each one.

#86 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@tennmuerti: Can I go from my normal finished game to Inferno?

#87 Edited by Tennmuerti (8075 posts) -

@the_laughing_man: No, you need to finish them in order. (or at least be the appropriate level to join someone else game to skip story progress). Even if you were able to, you would get destroyed due to them being balanced towards higher levels and much better gear. They progress both in terms of gear/levels and overall difficulty as well. Approximately: Normal is around 1-30ish, Nightmare 30-50ish, Hell 50-60, Inferno is kind of like the endgame for lvl 60 characters wanting more and more challenge.

#88 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@the_laughing_man: No, you need to finish them in order. (or at least be the appropriate level to join someone else game to skip story progress). Even if you were able to, you would get destroyed due to them being balanced towards higher levels and much better gear. They progress both in terms of gear/levels and overall difficulty as well. Approximately: Normal is around 1-30ish, Nightmare 30-50ish, Hell 50-60, Inferno is kind of like the endgame for lvl 60 characters wanting more and more challenge.

Ahh so I do keep my guy but I gotta go from Normal to Hard to nightmare? And again all my stuff stays? Like gold and artist levels?

#89 Posted by Tennmuerti (8075 posts) -
#90 Edited by OldManLight (840 posts) -

no but only because i played the crap out of it on PC. I took one character all the way up to inferno act 3 before i hit a wall and gave it a rest.

#91 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@the_laughing_man: Yes and yes.

How do I know i moved to nightmare mode?

The pause screen says

Act 1-Nightmare (Medium)

The Fallen star

Right after I finished the game I pressed continue and it restarted the entire game.

#92 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

The pause screen says

Act 1-Nightmare (Medium)

The Fallen star

Right after I finished the game I pressed continue and it restarted the entire game.

#93 Posted by OGinOR (314 posts) -

It's that Act I - Nightmare part that lets you know you're in Nightmare (on medium difficulty). It used to say Normal and after you beat Nightmare, it will say Hell, then Inferno.

On another note, I'm not sure I'm going to hit the level cap on my Demon Hunter before GTA V..I'm at Level 52 at Act II in Hell mode...

#94 Edited by CheapPoison (727 posts) -

IT is strange to me how many people consider picking this up for consoles.

#95 Posted by CheapPoison (727 posts) -

IT is strange to me how many people consider picking this up for consoles.

#96 Posted by OGinOR (314 posts) -

@cheappoison: Why? The control scheme alone makes it more fun. It 'feels' like an action RPG on consoles...on PC it's just some manic click-fest.

#97 Edited by Tennmuerti (8075 posts) -

@the_laughing_man said:
@tennmuerti said:

The pause screen says

Act 1-Nightmare (Medium)

That's pretty much it.

Also all the monsters in act 1 should now be level 29+ and drop appropriate level loot.

@oginor said:

@cheappoison: Why? The control scheme alone makes it more fun. It 'feels' like an action RPG on consoles...on PC it's just some manic click-fest.

Except you actually have more precision on the PC especially for AoE spells and channeled abilities, instead of auto targeting (which imo is already kinda a lame thing). Action RPGs like Diablo are designed around mouse control in the first place and work fantastic that way. This becomes even more noticeable when running endgame and speed as well as high degree of control become paramount. Diablo 3 also pretty much does away with clicking frantically, most abilities and attacks can be performed by simply holding down the button. Simply put there is no manic click fest.

Plus you have the fact that it looks much better on PC and the inventory/skills/menu system is much more efficient, faster to navigate and perform all the item management.

The one major thing that the console version does have better then the PC version is the lack of AH and therefore better loot drops. I really wish there was a similar option on PC, like an opt out of AH characters (similar to say a hardcore characters benign separate). The AH makes it so you either grind the endgame for laughable chance to get anything good, or simply go to the AH to get much better gear and loose all incentive to play any more. As it stands PC players have to wait closer to the new expansion for Blizzard to implement the promised loot rebalance.

#98 Edited by dekkadekkadekka (732 posts) -

I didn't think I would, but then I played the PS3 demo and was hooked immediately. This is after getting nearly all the way through Nightmare on the PC version. I prefer the controller for these games, especially with my current setup.

I won't be getting the PS3 version as I have far too much to play for it right now, but around the PS4 launch should be a good time to get it, hence my decision to buy the PS4 version.

#99 Posted by MrMazz (954 posts) -

Yep picked it up for PS3 working through Hell atm but am kinda poorly geared it would seem if going off guides online. So I'll probably put it down and play GTAV and wai until Reaper of Souls comes out or I'll just keep playing it. Well worth the money in my opinon. O knows I've only played 60 hours of a video game clearly not worth the money.

#100 Posted by Sinusoidal (1429 posts) -

Definitely. The Baldur's Gate games on PS2 played with a buddy of mine were some of the most fun I've ever had with a video game.

Local co-op isometric hack n slash rpgs need to make a comeback. I feel like the genre got hung up with pumping out licensed games (Marvel, DnD) and never really fulfilled its true potential.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.