Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Console Version?

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

Does anyone know when the console version might be coming out? My laptop will not run D3.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Cincaid

@FiestaUnicorn: I wouldn't hold my breath for one, I'd be extremely surprised if it was a 2012 or even 2013 release. At this point, all we know is that they're working on some form of Diablo release for consoles. This gen? Next gen? No one knows, and considering Blizzard's track record I doubt we'll get more info about it anytime soon. Especially since there's no Blizzcon this year either.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Tennmuerti

@FiestaUnicorn: Nothing has been announced yet.

Blizzard has said that they are still unsure if there even will be a console version in the future. They are working on it but will not commit yet in case it doesn't work as good as they want it to.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By buft
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Marz

don't expect one is all i'll say.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Three0neFive

@buft said:

they had recently hired people for console support though i dont believe the listing specified Diablo in any way.

here is a news article with blizzards confirmation of a console port

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-10-diablo-3-console-release-confirmed

no guarantee just him saying they want it to happen.

What really peeved me about the coverage on that is that almost everyone reported that they confirmed Diablo 3 for consoles, when Mosqueira is specifically vague in saying "Diablo project". It could be Diablo 3, sure, but it's just as likely to be some sort of gimped spinoff or minigame collection or stat-tracking app. :/

GAMES JOURNALISM: ITS LIEK REAL JOURNALISM, ONLY NOT.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Three0neFive said:

@buft said:

they had recently hired people for console support though i dont believe the listing specified Diablo in any way.

What really peeved me about the coverage on that is that almost everyone reported that they confirmed Diablo 3 for consoles, when the guy from Blizzard is specifically vague in saying "Diablo project". It could be Diablo 3, sure, but it's just as likely to be some sort of gimped spinoff or minigame collection or stat-tracking app. :/

Hell they didn't even announce a console release, just that they are working on it. They already came out several times and said that nothing is set in stone and if they can't make it work they'll just scrap the whole project. Neither Diablo 3 or a release has ever been confirmed for consoles just that they are trying shit out.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By buft

@Three0neFive said:

@buft said:

What really peeved me about the coverage on that is that almost everyone reported that they confirmed Diablo 3 for consoles, when Mosqueira is specifically vague in saying "Diablo project". It could be Diablo 3, sure, but it's just as likely to be some sort of gimped spinoff or minigame collection or stat-tracking app. :/

GAMES JOURNALISM: ITS LIEK REAL JOURNALISM, ONLY NOT.

highlighted this part because i totally agree, not that we need hardcore journalism for the industry but with the david jaffe/kotaku stuff we dont need journalists going out of their way to jump to far fetched conclusions either.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

A PC port of a Blizzard game will never happen unless Battle.Net is on consoles. Blizz will never let control of their titles slip from their fingers.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By TentPole

It will happen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.