D3 vs S2

#1 Posted by Destroyeron (352 posts) -

If both Diablo III and Starcraft II came out on the same day, and you could only have one for a year, which would you get?

#2 Posted by FateOfNever (1815 posts) -

They won't even come out remotely near each other.  That being said though, D3.  SC2 we already know will have two more missing parts to it, so from a story perspective, I wouldn't be missing out on anything from not playing it for a year, and then I'd just pick it up the following year with SC2 part 2.  Or, wait for SC2 part 3 to come out, and buy them all as a bundle of some kind.  Sure D3 wouldn't have the same kind of multiplayer fun that SC2 will have, but I can spend a whole heck of a lot of time on a Diablo game regardless.  The only thing I would regret is not being able to get the collector editions.

#3 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -

diablo 3 for me. i dont want to get my ass kicked in SC2

#4 Posted by jasondaplock (260 posts) -

Starcraft 2, though only by a slim margin. If the single player aspect of SC2 is anywhere near as good as its development cycle suggests, it'll be worth it to me over Diablo. If it isn't, I would regret choosing SC2.

#5 Posted by Famov (768 posts) -

Diablo III. I prefer both the setting and the style of game.

Nothing against Starcraft of course. Blizzard is awesome.

#6 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2089 posts) -

StarCraft 2 for me, i remember getting the original when it came out, and it has remained a firm favourite, so this will be an excellent nostalgia trip for me.

#7 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4888 posts) -

D3. 

#8 Posted by Thrae (50 posts) -

Diablo 3. I'm not really much of an RTS fan. I very much enjoyed Warcraft III and the Frozen Throne expansion though. That was because of the fantastic single player however. Truthfully I mind just end up waiting until all of the SP campaigns are available before picking up SC2. 

#9 Posted by CaptainObvious (2995 posts) -

Starcraft II.

#10 Posted by fleethefactory (175 posts) -

D3; I love Starcraft, I'm just garbage at it.  Diablo as a franchise was the first series of games that I played non stop over multiple years.  I can't deny that appeal.

#11 Posted by lead_farmer (1040 posts) -

If all my buddies get Starcraft 2, I'l; get that.  If not, D2

#12 Posted by Arkkazeal (109 posts) -

Diablo 3 hands down. 
For me RPG > RTS  not to mention i put in way more time into D2 than SC1 online.

#13 Posted by nukesniper (1312 posts) -

Diablo 3. Starcraft 2 is more of a gamble for me as I need to find someone close to me in skill so I can get better at the game. The beta has been a bit brutal for me thus far.

#14 Posted by fallen_elite (380 posts) -

Diablo 3 easily. I would get my ass handed to me all day in SC2. 

#15 Posted by raiz265 (2234 posts) -

Impossible decision.

Luckily I don't have to make it.

#16 Posted by Semition (731 posts) -

Diablo 3. It's a much better jump-in-and-play game.

#17 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Why would any idiot have these two versus each other? Guess what, I'll buy both. Don't give me some stupid fucking situation for two completely different games made by the same company.

#18 Posted by potatomash3r (126 posts) -

As much as I love starcraft. Diablo 3, only because I have a ton of friends that played diablo 2 and we all vowed to get diablo 3 when it comes out.
#19 Edited by Sanryd (1362 posts) -
@Vinchenzo said:

" Why would any idiot have these two versus each other? Guess what, I'll buy both. Don't give me some stupid fucking situation for two completely different games made by the same company. "

Whoa! Calm yourself, it's only a hypothetical question. Get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? Oh, and, for me, it would have to be: 

Diablocraft 2.5

#20 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
@tdk08 said:
" @Vinchenzo said:
" Why would any idiot have these two versus each other? Guess what, I'll buy both. Don't give me some stupid fucking situation for two completely different games made by the same company. "
Whoa! Calm yourself, it's only a hypothetical question. Get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? Oh, and, for me, it would have to be Diablocraft 2.5 "
No, sorry. I just find it's a really stupid "what if" situation.
#21 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -
@Vinchenzo said:
" @tdk08 said:
" @Vinchenzo said:
Whoa! Calm yourself, it's only a hypothetical question. Get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? Oh, and, for me, it would have to be Diablocraft 2.5 "
No, sorry. I just find it's a really stupid "what if" situation. "
Then don't reply fuck head. 

Starcraft 2 easily for me.
#22 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
@Jeffsekai: No, but you can shut the fuck up.
#23 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -
@Vinchenzo said:
" @Jeffsekai: No, but you can shut the fuck up. "
Too Hungry bro.
#24 Posted by ButtonsMcBoomBoom (128 posts) -
@Vinchenzo:  DAAWWWWWW I think someone needs a hug! Would you like a hug? I bet you would like a hug! Here have a hug! *hug*
#25 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -
@Vinchenzo said:
" @tdk08 said:
" @Vinchenzo said:
it is but that was very hostile 
anyways i would say starcraft 2
#26 Posted by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

I would def say Starcraft II because whether its Diablo or Torchlight or any other game like that, I never really feel like im doing anything. I just feel like I'm clicking and the game is basically playing itself. I guess I just dont understand the fun in it. Like yeah, loot and all, but loot for what reason, so you can click on more things and they die? It's just not for me I guess. Or there is something I'm just not getting.

#27 Posted by ThePaleKing (613 posts) -

Neither because Activision is satan. 

#28 Posted by xyzygy (9899 posts) -

I hate RTS and Diablo is the only good thing to ever come out of Blizzard, so D3.

#29 Posted by CallMeRotten (229 posts) -

Definitely Diablo. Starcraft is cool and all but I played Diablo a hell of a lot more than I did Starcraft.

#30 Posted by gamefreak9 (2345 posts) -

I like games that take skill not games that require grinding to get loot only to go get more loot. :P Sc2 for me, diablo is just an rpg, and doesn't have much attraction outside of the single-player for me. Amelioration in characters is addicting and wow shows this but at the end of the day i want to be able to be able to lose my disk and buy a new one and i'm still where i was before. Like chess :P. 

#31 Posted by jim_dandy (891 posts) -
@gamefreak9 said:
" Amelioration "

NOOOO. You made me learn a new word. You made me LEARN.

I'll never forgive you.

Also: Diablo 3, baby.
#32 Posted by myslead (925 posts) -
@Destroyeron said:
" If both Diablo III and Starcraft II came out on the same day, and you could only have one for a year, which would you get? "
Diablo 3 
hands down
#33 Posted by dragonguyx (34 posts) -

SC2 has a lot of re-playability via ladder/custom maps, but come on who can turn down LOOT. LOOT. NEED MY LOOT. So yeah, Diablo 3 :) 

#34 Posted by Romination (2776 posts) -
@Vinchenzo said:
" @tdk08 said:
" @Vinchenzo said:
What if situations are always stupid in some way. You just gotta deal with it or don't answer. 

I'd go Diablo 3 because Torchlight made me want to play the series that does it best.
#35 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Gotta laugh at Vinchenzo flipping out 6 months ago for no good reason xD

#36 Posted by Destroyeron (352 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" Gotta laugh at Vinchenzo flipping out 6 months ago for no good reason xD "
I did too, why even click on the thread if he thought it was stupid? If you look at his recent posts though you can see hes a troll just BURSTING with positive energy! I feel sorry for him, he prolly works as a janitor in a warehouse in antartica under the evil reign of a billionaire paying them below minimum wage or something.
#37 Posted by firewrkninja (227 posts) -

there should be a 3rd choice to not get either and then  get both in 6 months

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.