Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Diablo 3 beta is live

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By NickL

The diablo 3 beta just went live 30 minutes ago and invites have been sent to the chosen ones.

Did anyone get in?

I didn't =(

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By artelinarose

Nope. My rather excessive beta testing resume means nothing to people these days, it seems.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By phrosnite

I'll know tomorrow when I see my brother... but I've seen a playthrough of the beta and it's nothing new. We've seen those levels many times...

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, of course not. ANGER

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By ajamafalous

Hasn't in been live for a week or so? Unless you mean the closed beta and not the friends and family beta.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NickL

@phrosnite said:

I'll know tomorrow when I see my brother... but I've seen a playthrough of the beta and it's nothing new. We've seen those levels many times...

I've tried to avoid watching any gameplay videos so i haven't seen pretty much any of it before.

And playing it is much different than watching it be played.

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By amomjc

You just ruined my day posting this :( Got me all excited then i saw no email... :(

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NickL

@ajamafalous said:

Hasn't in been live for a week or so? Unless you mean the closed beta and not the friends and family beta.

It is the closed beta now, of course.

Figured that would be obvious by the existence of this thread so i didn't even bother differentiating between the 2 in the OP.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By xxNBxx

He means Closed beta

Here is the quote from Bliz

"The fiery gates leading to the Burning Hells have begun to swing open, and the Diablo III beta test is officially underway. Invitations to participate in the beta test are now being delivered to the chosen heroes. As with beta tests for other Blizzard Entertainment games, the testing process for Diablo III will occur in phases. In addition to selecting players who have opted in via their Battle.net accounts, we’ll also be providing keys through beta promotions and giveaways — stay tuned for more info. We welcome those invited to provide feedback or report bugs on the official forums.

If you have a beta license, you are free to show, share, or talk about any portion of the beta content to which you have access, as this beta test is not confidential.

We’d like to remind those looking forward to an invite to be wary of phishing attempts. If you believe you’ve received an invite to the Diablo III beta test, it’s best to refrain from clicking on any links in the email, and instead log in to your Battle.net account to see if a Diablo III beta game account was granted. Or, if you were sent a key, attempt to add it manually by going to the Add or Upgrade a Game section of the Battle.net account management page.

For those who have received an invite to the beta test, we thank you for helping us test out our server stability and hardware. For those of you still hoping for an invite, we wish you the best of luck and hope you’ll keep an eye out for some of the beta-key giveaways and promotions we’ll have right here on the Diablo III community site."

If you haven't received an email yet all hope is not lost, it will take some time for them to send out all of the invites so keep checking on your email every hour or so, but if by tomorrow you don't have one then your going to have to look to get one of the giveaways and or promotions.

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Crono

I didn't get in! /wrists

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By jakob187

I'm downloading it right now. = D Sadly, my broadband is acting like a bitch after all these storms we had the last couple days, so it's downloading hella slow.

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By crazyleaves

@jakob187: I got in too. we should hang out some time.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By emem

@jakob187: @crazyleaves: So did you guys play a lot of Diablo 1 and 2 or did you just get lucky? :)

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#14  Edited By Mnemoidian

@emem: You login to your Battle.net account and opt in for the beta by submitting a profile of your computer.

As for how selection then works... probably random, with keys being sent out to specific people? :)

The_Big_Rough

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By The_Big_Rough

No beta Invite, but there is always hope right?......right?

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By swoxx

awww, I didn't get in. I gave you 3 years of my life Blizzard, for shame!

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Cincaid

No invite here. I'm a sad panda.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CptBedlam

@Mnemoidian said:

@emem: You login to your Battle.net account and opt in for the beta by submitting a profile of your computer.

As for how selection then works... probably random, with keys being sent out to specific people? :)

You have to have a newer Blizzard game registered at battle.net. Diablo 2 would be too old for them to be recognizing you as a D3 beta candidate.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Wuddel

Ah totally forgot to send in my compute profile. Too bad it does not handle multiple machines. Got a new MacBook Pro and a PC, both capable of running it.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#20  Edited By Mnemoidian

@CptBedlam: Actually, you can attach a Diablo 2 key to your Battle.net account - not sure if that's enough to make you eligible, though.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By artelinarose

@Swoxx said:

awww, I didn't get in. I gave you 3 years of my life Blizzard, for shame!

I've given them at least six! I feel used, like a cheap slut. The cheapest slut.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CptBedlam

@Mnemoidian said:

@CptBedlam: Actually, you can attach a Diablo 2 key to your Battle.net account - not sure if that's enough to make you eligible, though.

You can attach it to your account but it doesn't make you eligible for the beta. Blizzard said so.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By emem

@CptBedlam said:

@Mnemoidian said:

You have to have a newer Blizzard game registered at battle.net. Diablo 2 would be too old for them to be recognizing you as a D3 beta candidate.

Yep, I'm just wondering how exactly companies choose their beta testers, because I've applied to... I don't know, maybe 20 betas for different games in the last 10 years and never got into a single one of them, hehe. Anyway, I hope you guys are enjoying it. :)

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WinterSnowblind

It would seem silly to only give invites out to people who've played their other games, surely they want testers who've never played a Diablo game too, right? I can't believe the criteria for getting an invite would be owning other games on B-net.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By xxNBxx

@WinterSnowblind: You have to have at least one game on your B.net account because they didn't want people to create 1,000s of accounts just so they can get into the beta.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b
    deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is a little blue post possibly to clear up some information?

As long as you have 1 game, and have used their opt-in client to upload your system specs there is a chance you will get in. As the blue stated, their business hours are the prime time in which they will send out beta "keys." I'm sure you will get an e-mail but for best results just check your b.net account for a flag. I'd love to get in and play around with the game i'm not holding my breath, and maybe it's a good thing if I don't or else i'll have to call out of work and not go to school just for a 2 hour beta <3.

Best of luck to everyone.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3226942690#6

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Aus_azn

@Wuddel said:

Ah totally forgot to send in my compute profile. Too bad it does not handle multiple machines. Got a new MacBook Pro and a PC, both capable of running it.

I basically made my computer sound as insane as I could for the spec sheet. Not in the sense of superpowered, just out of the ordinary.

For example, I have two monitors: one is at 1600x900, the other is 1700x956. My 2.66 GHz processor is OC'd to the odd increment of 2.82GHz. And I have a 50Mbps connection speed.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Wuddel

@Aus_azn said:

@Wuddel said:

I basically made my computer sound as insane as I could for the spec sheet. Not in the sense of superpowered, just out of the ordinary.

For example, I have two monitors: one is at 1600x900, the other is 1700x956. My 2.66 GHz processor is OC'd to the odd increment of 2.82GHz. And I have a 50Mbps connection speed.

I am pretty sure it does not matter how good the PC is, but how uncommon it is. Usually the case.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Aus_azn

@Wuddel said:

@Aus_azn said:

@Wuddel said:

I am pretty sure it does not matter how good the PC is, but how uncommon it is. Usually the case.

My point precisely. There's a number of odd things on my submitted sheet; those are just the most notable.

EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#30  Edited By EnchantedEcho

I'm in, just finished installing :)

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kishinfoulux

All of you who are in I hate you. >_>

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.