Diablo 3 for PS4 shows up on amazon.de for 79.99€

#1 Edited by 2HeadedNinja (1686 posts) -

It may be just a placeholder, but amazon.de shows Diablo 3 for the PS4 at a pricetag of 79.99€ (104$). Usually we get an 1:1 dollar to euro exchange so that would translate to 79.99$ in the US. Is that the sign of the next-gen-80-dollar game people talked so much about?

#2 Edited by TheHT (11556 posts) -

that's the collector's edition right?

because fuck that i won't buy a new game for 80 bucks. i think the most i spent on a 'regular edition' game is 70 bucks for demon's souls when there were only 2 copies out of the 5 stores i checked for a couple weeks. but that was a special case. really.

OK, so maybe i would pay $80 if i wanted the game enough. shit.

#3 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2371 posts) -

Placeholder

#4 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -
#5 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1686 posts) -

@theht said:

that's the collector's edition right?

It the regular edition ... but as I said it may be a placeholder

#6 Edited by Jeust (10770 posts) -

$69 - price for a regular PS4 game

+$10 - Activision Blizzard bonus fee

_____

$79

Wether it is a placeholder value or the real price it seems plausible.

#7 Posted by Kidavenger (3585 posts) -

Seeing how it's coming out for the PS3 also, I can't imagine one version would be more than the other, especially for a game going on 2 years old when it finally comes out.

#8 Posted by Tajasaurus (903 posts) -

Seeing how it's coming out for the PS3 also, I can't imagine one version would be more than the other, especially for a game going on 2 years old when it finally comes out.

I can totally see that. PS3 games were a lot more expensive then their PS2 counterparts, I don't see why this would be any different.

#9 Posted by Kiri90 (257 posts) -

It's probably a placeholder like others have said, but I'd have a hard time finding the will to buy games for $80. Actually, I just wouldn't do it...at least not more than once per year. It's most likely because I've been spoiled by my conversion to PC gaming over the last year.

#10 Edited by Morrow (1829 posts) -

If so I'm gonna wait even longer for price drops. Le sigh.

(I hope it's a placeholder)

#11 Posted by ajamafalous (12057 posts) -

@jeust said:

$69 - price for a regular PS4 game

Sony already confirmed $60 is the ceiling

#12 Edited by Winternet (8027 posts) -

How many of these threads will we see until the damn thing comes out/E3?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.