Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Diablo 3 offline Petition

• 89 results
    xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xxNBxx

A petition has been started to let Blizzard know that people that don't have reliable internet or no internet still want to play Diablo 3.   I urge you to sign it even if it doesn't effect you.  

PETITION LINK HERE

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By groin

The Starcraft 2 LAN petition was also effective.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Can I make a petition opposing stupid petitions and the people that make them?

Witzig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Witzig
    @Rolyatkcinmai said:

Where do I sign?
    laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By laserbolts
    @Rolyatkcinmai

Now that's something worth signing.
    rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

@Witzig said:

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

Where do I sign?

Signed

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CptBedlam

Just don't buy it.

tooPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By tooPrime
    @xxNBxx said:
    A petition has been started to let Blizzard know that people that don't have reliable internet or no internet still want to play Diablo 3.   I urge you to sign it even if it doesn't effect you.  

PETITION LINK HERE
    I don't want to blow your mind, but Starcraft 2 has the same system, and you can play it offline.  Achievements don't work but you can totally play single player.  Just saying.
    SoylentGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SoylentGreen

@groin said:

The Starcraft 2 LAN petition was also effective.

I signed that stupid thing. Turns out I was just being an idiot - SC2 works fine in local multiplayer, even with my shitty ISP.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Rufi91 said:

@Witzig said:

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

Where do I sign?

Signed

I'll sign!

Potter9156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Potter9156
    xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xxNBxx
    @tooPrime: This is not the same thing as SC2.   In SC2 you can play offline but have to authenticate every 30 days by going online,  Diablo 3 will not have the same feature.  For Diablo 3  they are not allowing ANY offline activity at all.

O by the way, The Real ID petition did work.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I'm not fond of the stipulation, but a petition isn't going to change this. Allowing you to play offline would completely kill their auction house system, and they're clearly hoping to make a lot of money from that.

If it really bothers you this much.. Just stick to Torchlight 2.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xxNBxx
    @WinterSnowblind: It does not effect me at all.  I have a stable internet.  I just feel that everyone should be able to play the game if they want.

And if you looked at what the petition says you would know that, it understands that any offline character will have no access to the online features ever, meaning what ever items that offline character gets can not go on the AH.
    Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@xxNBxx said:

O by the way, The Real ID petition did work.

No it didn't. Real ID was scaled back because of public outcry from all over the WoW/SC2 community. It was not a petition. Petitions never work, especially when it's a tiny tiny minority complaining about an irrelevant feature.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xxNBxx
    @Rolyatkcinmai:  The Real ID petition was part of the outcry,  so it did have some effect
    proflate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By proflate

hahahahahhahahahhaha online petitions.

Avatar image for beyond_the_infinite
    Beyond_the_infinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@Ezekeilpurger said:

Whats even more hilarious about this whole thing is that its an online petition for people who cant afford to be online..
    warchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By warchief

Stupid petition is stupid. If you dont like it buy Torchlight II oh shit that might require a connection for co-op!!!

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SSully

@tooPrime said:

@xxNBxx said:
    A petition has been started to let Blizzard know that people that don't have reliable internet or no internet still want to play Diablo 3. I urge you to sign it even if it doesn't effect you.

PETITION LINK HERE
    I don't want to blow your mind, but Starcraft 2 has the same system, and you can play it offline. Achievements don't work but you can totally play single player. Just saying.

Don't worry you didn't blow any minds. They have stated it is slightly different in the fact that you wont be able to play single player offline. The reason they are doing this is to not allow people to cheat by going offline, cheating, and then coming back online and being overpowered.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xxNBxx
    @Beyond_the_infinite:  That is why I signed it, to be the voice of the voiceless.  Should we not feed hungry kids just cause they can't pick up a phone and tell someone they are hungry?  

There is a poll on a Diablo 3 fan site that has been up for about 4 hours and already 350 people have said that no offline play will "Will cripple my play opportunities."  at 60 buck a pop thats already 21 thousand dollar loss, and that's just from people that do have some access to the internet.  This no offline mode could very well effect thousands of gamers.  Blizzard is a company and I am sure they would like all the money they could get from game sales.
    jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jetsetwillie

blizzard are not doing this just to be dicks. they want to ensure the best most secure gaming environment and the only way they can do this and stop people modding and cheating is to have you always connected to battlenet. 

sorry you guy with dodgy internet connections its a case of tough shit.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By xxNBxx
    @jetsetwillie: Yes but there is a way for them to allow people to play the game without effecting the online community.  They just lock that character out of any online activity. 
    Beyond_the_infinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxNBxx said:
    @Beyond_the_infinite:  That is why I signed it, to be the voice of the voiceless.  Should we not feed hungry kids just cause they can't pick up a phone and tell someone they are hungry?    There is a poll on a Diablo 3 fan site that has been up for about 4 hours and already 350 people have said that no offline play will "Will cripple my play opportunities."  at 60 buck a pop thats already 21 thousand dollar loss, and that's just from people that do have some access to the internet.  This no offline mode could very well effect thousands of gamers.  Blizzard is a company and I am sure they would like all the money they could get from game sales.
    I wouldn't equate feeding starving children to signing a petition for a video game..In your statement lies the obvious flaw of online petitions. They are always signed by people seeking good guy badges who after doing their one good deed of the day completely forget about it the next day....Just go look at the steam group dedicated to never buying left 4 dead 2...look at what game 90% of the group members have played recently and you'll see that in the end all the online whining amounts to nothing when the average consumer is faced with a shinny new object.
    theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By theguy
    @xxNBxx said:
    @Beyond_the_infinite:  That is why I signed it, to be the voice of the voiceless.  Should we not feed hungry kids just cause they can't pick up a phone and tell someone they are hungry?    There is a poll on a Diablo 3 fan site that has been up for about 4 hours and already 350 people have said that no offline play will "Will cripple my play opportunities."  at 60 buck a pop thats already 21 thousand dollar loss, and that's just from people that do have some access to the internet.  This no offline mode could very well effect thousands of gamers.  Blizzard is a company and I am sure they would like all the money they could get from game sales.
    Signatures do not equal lost sales.
    Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@xxNBxx said:

@Rolyatkcinmai: The Real ID petition was part of the outcry, so it did have some effect

No it didn't.

@Beyond_the_infinite said:

@Ezekeilpurger said:

Whats even more hilarious about this whole thing is that its an online petition for people who cant afford to be online..

Essentially a list of people who weren't going to buy the game until it was $30 anyway.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By xxNBxx
    @Beyond_the_infinite: So what don't sign it because you don't want to do a good dead?  

You can't compare people complaining about getting a new game they can play but just don't want to because they bought the first game 12 months earlier, with people that have waited more then 10 years to play a game only to find out they can't because they don't have internet in their home.

@theguy
    they don't equal them but they do represent a % of potentil lost sales.  And even if only 5000 people sign a petition you have to inflate that # because you have to factor in all the people that couldn't even sign or had no knowledge of the petition.

You know what is a petition?  Voting so next time you don't like one of the candidates that are running for office just don't vote cause it doesn't matter....
    Beyond_the_infinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxNBxx: You're not the patron saint of offline gamers. Get over it already. You've signed your name on a virtual list not gone on a hunger strike.  
    You've already stated that D3 being an online only game will not affect you. So the real question is: Are you going to buy the game regardless of whether or not  Blizzard changes this? or as "the voice of the voiceless" will you make the ultimate sacrifice and play D2 offline until they cave into your demands?
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By toowalrus

Yo, fuck that shit. I don't care, I'm always on the internet. I'd rather see this DRM than watch the online auction house go to shit due to modders and hackers.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By YoungFrey

I'd start a petition against this if I thought internet petitions were effective. 
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ryanwho

You can legally buy the game then apply a homebrew patch maybe a week later that negates needing online. Its just that easy. The thing worth fighting for is creating a seperate server where the real money auction houses and the items purchased therein aren't around.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@xxNBxx said:

@Beyond_the_infinite: So what don't sign it because you don't want to do a good dead? You can't compare people complaining about getting a new game they can play but just don't want to because they bought the first game 12 months earlier, with people that have waited more then 10 years to play a game only to find out they can't because they don't have internet in their home. @theguy they don't equal them but they do represent a % of potentil lost sales. And even if only 5000 people sign a petition you have to inflate that # because you have to factor in all the people that couldn't even sign or had no knowledge of the petition. You know what is a petition? Voting so next time you don't like one of the candidates that are running for office just don't vote cause it doesn't matter....

People who still don't have internet in their homes at all times should probably be focusing on priorities other than Diablo III.

It's a modern game. Requiring internet is no more ridiculous than requiring a graphics card or processor. If you want to play it, get with 1996, and secure an online connection.

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Quacktastic
    @xxNBxx said:
    @Beyond_the_infinite: You know what is a petition?  Voting so next time you don't like one of the candidates that are running for office just don't vote cause it doesn't matter....
    Clicking a petition isn't a vote.  In this situation a vote is a purchase.  Buy the game and signal that you are okay with it or don't buy the game.  That's all that matters.  Everything else is at best a waste of time and at worst self-indulgent hypocrisy.
    xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By xxNBxx
     @Beyond_the_infinite:  Its not about wanting to be a saint, its about wanting to help, if you don't want to help then don't.  I can understand you don't care and that's is your choice, but don't try to say I am doing something wrong by speaking up for others.

@Rolyatkcinmai:  What are you FOX news?   You obviously have money to have a computer so you obviously must have the money to afford internet...  yeah it don't work like that. 
    Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@xxNBxx said:

@Rolyatkcinmai: What are you FOX news? You obviously have money to have a computer so you obviously must have the money to afford internet... yeah it don't work like that.

I don't give a shit what anyone can afford. My point is that if you honestly can't afford internet in friggin' 2011, you should probably not be buying games at $60.

Internet became a standard part of just about every house in the western world by the early 2000s. Forcing you to have internet to play is no different than asking for a processor higher than a Pentium 4. If Blizzard said you can't play D3 without a Pentium 4 or higher, would you feel bad for Pentium 3 owners? They've had 15 years to catch up with the times. Do they still deserve your sympathy?

Now if you're trying to say you should be able to play it offline while mobile, you still have no case, but at least you sound more reasonable than "well some people in Kenya don't have internet".

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Doctorchimp

What the fuck are you playing Diablo 3 if not to fight other people with your loot or get more loot with other people???

Beyond_the_infinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxNBxx: Answer the question. Are you buying the game yes or no?
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By mikemcn

Guys. its 2011, get a better internet connection.

Beyond_the_infinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

@xxNBxx said:

@Rolyatkcinmai: What are you FOX news? You obviously have money to have a computer so you obviously must have the money to afford internet... yeah it don't work like that.

I don't give a shit what anyone can afford. My point is that if you honestly can't afford internet in friggin' 2011, you should probably not be buying games at $60.

Internet became a standard part of just about every house in the western world by the early 2000s. Forcing you to have internet to play is no different than asking for a processor higher than a Pentium 4. If Blizzard said you can't play D3 without a Pentium 4 or higher, would you feel bad for Pentium 3 owners? They've had 15 years to catch up with the times. Do they still deserve your sympathy?

Now if you're trying to say you should be able to play it offline while mobile, you still have no case, but at least you sound more reasonable than "well some people in Kenya don't have internet".

Somebody give this guy a medal! 
    ElBarto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ElBarto

Who plays Diablo offline? Honestly?

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By amomjc

I really don't care about this, but I will sign because I want everyone to enjoy this game. I do not sign this for the people that are bitching at the DRM, but for the people who are unfortunate enough to not have a steady connection and therefor will not be able to enjoy this game.

Only because of that.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jimbo

My petition is to not buy it. DONE, next game.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Run! It's the future!

I wonder how many people who signed that petition will still end up buying the game anyway.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#44  Edited By TobbRobb
    @Rolyatkcinmai said:

This is purified irony, we need to make this happen.
    BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BabyChooChoo
    @wolf_blitzer85 said:

Run! It's the future!

I wonder how many people who signed that petition will still end up buying the game anyway.

If history has taught us anything, mostly all of them.
    xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By xxNBxx
    @Rolyatkcinmai:  It was never my intention to solely say I am doing this just for the people that can't afford internet, this is for anyone that wants to play the game when they don't have access to the internet.  People on trips like on a plane, or people in the military that are over seas without internet.  This covers them too its not just about money.   

This is not asking much from Blizzard just a simple mode that they already had in the game at one point but now don't want it because they think people will be upset that you made a character offline and no one told them that they couldn't play with that same character online.  That's pretty much word for word their reason.

Look at it from a business stand point. Let us just say out of the 5 million copies of the game that would have been sold before they announced the online only 18% (a % taken from a diablo fan site) couldn’t play it. That’s 900,000 people that can’t play the game, and that’s also 54million dollars in lost revenue. Is it worth it for them to just make a offline mode, man I would hope so.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ryanwho
    @ElBarto said:
    Who plays Diablo offline? Honestly?
    Meanwhile in the thread about real money auctions: 
    "Who plays Diablo PvP multiplayer? Honestly?" 
    ElBarto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ElBarto
    @ryanwho: Someone said that?
    TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ
    @Rufi91 said:

@Witzig said:

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

Where do I sign?

Signed

Signed twice...
    emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By emergency

It's 2011, get the internet and deal with it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.