Diablo 3 Open beta

• 174 results
#1 Edited by owack6 (216 posts) -

Looks like people on redit found out you can connect to the beta without a key.

Seems like blizzard opened it up and its not an exploit.

According to a post on Team liquid this is supposed to be a starter edition with the same content as the beta that's open for everyone, the same like they have with WOW and Starcraft.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/sfrwr/beta_is_now_open_may_be_a_bug/

#2 Posted by ajamafalous (11992 posts) -

Huh. Guess I should tell my friends who aren't in yet.

#3 Posted by Sanryd (1362 posts) -

Fuuuuuuuck, now I have to go install it. I was trying to stay away from gaming on my PC for a while, too.

#4 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

Cool.

#5 Posted by MattyFTM (14383 posts) -

It looks like this was a bug since Blizzard have pulled battle.net down for maintenance.

#6 Posted by Pobearo (108 posts) -

Hot damn I'm on it!

#7 Edited by buft (3317 posts) -

@MattyFTM said:

It looks like this was a bug since Blizzard have pulled battle.net down for maintenance.

Wednesday is maintenance day every week

#8 Posted by owack6 (216 posts) -

I'm still downloading the client, hope its for real!

#9 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -

Of course this happens now, while I'm at work. Fingers crossed this still works in 8 hours.

#10 Posted by YI_Orange (1147 posts) -

@buft said:

@MattyFTM said:

You're thinking of tuesday.

#11 Posted by ajamafalous (11992 posts) -
@YI_Orange said:

@buft said:

@MattyFTM said:

You're thinking of tuesday.

Is it Tuesday in Europe? Because I'm logged in to battle.net just fine right now.
#12 Posted by BoG (5188 posts) -

I'M INSTALLING IT. FATE IS SMILING UPON BOG TODAY.

The only thing that could make this day better is female interaction.

Actually, no, Diablo III takes the cake.

#13 Edited by WinterSnowblind (7616 posts) -

Battle.net is still up, but the beta is offline for maintenance, they say there will be update in roughly 2 hours. Sounds like this was a huge bug.

#14 Edited by JustKamToo (684 posts) -

From a quick Google the servers are down with an emergency maintenance. Which could mean it was just bug.

#15 Posted by YI_Orange (1147 posts) -

@ajamafalous: Today is Wednesday(In the US at least). Maintenance days are Tuesdays. I didn't mean that today is Tuesday.

#16 Posted by ajamafalous (11992 posts) -
@YI_Orange said:

@ajamafalous: Today is Wednesday(In the US at least). Maintenance days are Tuesdays. I didn't mean that today is Tuesday.

I too live in the US, which is why I asked about Europe. That question was more directed to Matty than you. I asked because they do battle.net maintenance Tuesday nights, whereas WoW maintenance is Tuesday mornings.
#17 Posted by ShockD (2401 posts) -

Quite possible. My installer still downloads, but the installation progress is stuck on 45% already an hour. Come on, I just finished preparing food for the game marathon :(

#18 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@BoG said:

I'M INSTALLING IT. FATE IS SMILING UPON BOG TODAY.

The only thing that could make this day better is female interaction.

Actually, no, Diablo III takes the cake.

You can play a female character and "interact" with her all you want.

#19 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

Downloaded, installed but can't log in. Maybe it's really a bug. Pity, I wanted for confirm that I wouldn't enjoy the game.

#20 Posted by owack6 (216 posts) -
#21 Posted by BoG (5188 posts) -

For anyone still wondering about this, seems like it was an accident. I was able to download the game and start the program, but can't login. When I try, the system tells me I don't have a Diablo III license attached to my account. Seriously, Blizzard, just let me at it. I've already come this far!

#22 Edited by xxNBxx (973 posts) -

It was just made official, this weekend will be an open beta.

We’re pleased to announce the Diablo III open beta weekend, which offers open access to all players with a valid Battle.net account! Beginning this Friday everyone is invited to log in and help us put the game and servers through their paces in this three day stress test as we march toward the game’s release on May 15. You can begin downloading the Diablo III client right now!

From Friday, April 20 at 12:01 p.m. PDT (noon), until Monday, April 23 at 10:00 a.m. PDT you’ll be able to log in, team up with friends, and play each of the five heroic classes to level 13 as you fight to save the world from the impending demonic invasion.

and the clouds parted and the sun shinned down on the little blue man. O what joy! LOL

#23 Posted by villainy (558 posts) -

@xxNBxx: Fucking awesome. I had pretty much forgotten the beta existed only to come across this thread and you telling me it's open weekend. I can't guarantee what the future holds but right now you are my hero.

#24 Posted by Bubbly (254 posts) -

Well, there goes my weekend.

#25 Posted by Sanryd (1362 posts) -

@xxNBxx said:

We’re pleased to announce the Diablo III open beta weekend, which offers open access to all players with a valid Battle.net account! Beginning this Friday everyone is invited to log in and help us put the game and servers through their paces in this three day stress test as we march toward the game’s release on May 15. You can begin downloading the Diablo III client right now!

From Friday, April 20 at 12:01 p.m. PDT (noon), until Monday, April 23 at 10:00 a.m. PDT you’ll be able to log in, team up with friends, and play each of the five heroic classes to level 13 as you fight to save the world from the impending demonic invasion.

and the clouds parted and they sun shinned down on the little blue man. O what joy! LOL

Blizzard must enjoy toying with my emotions.

#26 Posted by xxNBxx (973 posts) -

@villainy: Name your first character after me... lol

#27 Posted by owack6 (216 posts) -

Damn it i already uninstalled the client !

#28 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

@xxNBxx said:

and the clouds parted and the sun shinned down on the little blue man. O what joy! LOL

OH FUUUUUUCK.

I am happy.

#29 Posted by emem (1966 posts) -

Yeaha, luckily I was too lazy to uninstall it. ;)

#30 Posted by Nottle (1914 posts) -

i downloaded the setup thing for mac and when ever I try to start it up it immediately closes and nothing happens. GREAT!

#31 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Just came across this news myself. Guess this is going to be a Blizzard weekend.

#32 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Oh, sick. That's like today.

#33 Posted by RVonE (4638 posts) -

Fuck! I have to grade exams this weekend!! Curse you, Blizzard!

#34 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

@RVonE said:

Get your priorities straight man!

#35 Posted by Fattony12000 (7404 posts) -

D3 this weekend.

GW2 next weekend.

FUCK.

#36 Posted by RVonE (4638 posts) -

@NickL said:

@RVonE said:

Get your priorities straight man!

Lol, students are going to kill me!

#37 Posted by avidwriter (667 posts) -

@Fattony12000 said:

D3 this weekend.

GW2 next weekend.

FUCK.

And your avatar sums up what you said perfectly. Awesome.

#38 Posted by AndrewB (7611 posts) -

Damn arbitrary unlock times. Just let me play it now. It's an effing beta. I don't even want to play a whole lot of it. Just enough to tide me over 'till the actual arbitrary release date.

#39 Posted by BoG (5188 posts) -

@xxNBxx: YES.

I'VE GOT A DATE THIS WEEKEND AND IT'S WITH A DEMON HUNTER.

#40 Posted by Fattony12000 (7404 posts) -

So, yeah, I just made the best tweet of the past 16 days:

Diablo III open beta weekend + girlfriend = happening

#41 Posted by Hector (3364 posts) -

Damn soo much for going out and running this weekend.

#42 Posted by RVonE (4638 posts) -

@Hector said:

You can do both, you know.

#44 Posted by Adamsons (877 posts) -

My name is Lachdanan, and I am cursed.

#45 Posted by RVonE (4638 posts) -

@SoothsayerGB said:

@RVonE said:

@Hector said:

You can do both, you know.

This is true. There is no walk animation in Diablo 3.

:D

#46 Posted by Lanceuppercut (130 posts) -

Downloading now, May needs to hurry the hell up!

#47 Posted by Hunkulese (2723 posts) -

@Hector said:

The beta is like an hour of content.

#48 Posted by AndrewB (7611 posts) -

Doesn't this unlock in like, 6 minutes? Goddamn it... great timing.

#49 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7616 posts) -

I'm glad I got into the beta a couple of weeks ago. The servers are going to get hammered for this.

#50 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Just 1 more minute to go! Hell-o-clock.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.