Diablo III Beta Details coming August 1st

#1 Posted by Hot_Sawce (66 posts) -

Details here

So is Brad the defacto Blizzard guy?  Who from GB will be attending said press conference?

#2 Posted by Sjupp (1910 posts) -

What press conference?

Anyhow, DIABLO FUCKING THREE

So stoked

#3 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

AUGUST 1

THE DAY WHEN LIFE WAS WORTH LIVING

so fucking stoked as well.

#4 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

...YES

#5 Edited by xxNBxx (971 posts) -

I am guessing that if anyone on the BG team goes it will be "Young Master Bradley".  After all he is a loot whore, and I say that with the deepest amount of respect.   As a side note MTV didn't break this bit of news.  This news was broke last week, via a Chinese Diablo fansite.

#6 Posted by pweidman (2319 posts) -
#7 Posted by StarvingGamer (8128 posts) -

My brain omitted the word "Details" from the thread title... hopes dashed!

#8 Posted by iBePeRFeCT (396 posts) -

Man I cannot wait to play this.  I'm back in D2 at the moment and it is still amazing after all these year.  August 1st cannot come soon enough.

#9 Edited by Unchained (1080 posts) -

I read this yesterday at Tom's Hardware.

So hyped. I'm still really hoping it is released this year. That, along with Skyrim and Witcher 2 will most definitely make this the best year for RPGs in my memory.

Edit: Made link.

#10 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

Yes. Yes.

YES!

#11 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

They better have some awesome news.

#12 Posted by demonbear (1859 posts) -

Looks like a november release then. Cool. My preorder's already in anyway. :D

#13 Posted by fishmicmuffin (1041 posts) -

Well I'm excited. The beta can not come soon enough. I just hope I get in when it does come out.

#14 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2427 posts) -

Fantastic.

#15 Posted by Khann (2816 posts) -

It has been August 1st for 3 1/2 hours here in futureland (New Zealand).

#16 Posted by MentalDisruption (1620 posts) -

Excellent.

#17 Posted by Zithe (1045 posts) -

@pweidman said:

Here's another link about the press conference and embargo ending Aug. 1:

http://www.co-optimus.com/article/6305/diablo-3-beta-info-rumored-for-august-1st.html

And a crafting video that I hadn't seen, looks awesome:

http://www.co-optimus.com/article/4554/diablo-3-s-crafting-system-revealed-in-new-video-and-screens.html

Beta should be very close to August 1. This is moving faster than most thought. Maybe a pc release this year after all.

I wonder why the Monk's mana pool was empty in that whole crafting video. They haven't announced anything other than mana as a resource for them have they?

#18 Posted by RedGinn (6 posts) -

I really hope the beta starts this month.

#19 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -

So I tried to do the beta registration thing at battlenet and I always got an error message when I did the system check thing telling me that there was a problem sending my information to battlenet. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know a solution?

#20 Posted by shawnyofthedead (45 posts) -

@Nottle said:

So I tried to do the beta registration thing at battlenet and I always got an error message when I did the system check thing telling me that there was a problem sending my information to battlenet. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know a solution?

had to check my firewall settings as the program was auto blocked and did not display a request to approve it sending info via the internet

#21 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -
@shawnyofthedead said:

@Nottle said:

had to check my firewall settings as the program was auto blocked and did not display a request to approve it sending info via the internet

Ugh, great I remember having to tweak something like that the first time I played Diablo 2 years ago and never understood what I was doing. I don't play PC games very often (actually I'm trying to get the beta registration thing to work on my Mac book) so I'm probably going to have a hard time figuring out how to change the firewall settings.
#22 Edited by Bollard (5394 posts) -

I can't even find this beta thing? What website is it on? It says go to the Diablo page after logging in to battle.net, but I just get a page saying there is no Diablo 3 website yet... 

EDIT: Don't worry, I found it in "Account."

#23 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -
@Chavtheworld@Nottle: Hey, er, where's the beta thingy? I can't seem to find it myself.
#24 Posted by Bollard (5394 posts) -
@iDarktread: Log in to Battle.net, go onto "Account" at the top of the screen and on the right is a Beta Registration thingy. You download the client and it uploads the spec of your PC, and if they need your specs they invite you to the beta.
#25 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -
@Chavtheworld: Okay, cool. I ticked the little Diablo III box. 

Blizzard, if you're reading this... : PLEASE.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.