Diablo III = Endurance Run

• 63 results
#1 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

How about doing a Endurance Run on Diablo 3 guys. The original four, new characters, hardcore mode, last man standing!

If they somehow beat it, continue on to the next diffuculty, until only the victor remains. And hijinks to get the other player killed is highly acceptable.

#2 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

It doesn't have to be an Endurance Run, but it would be a hilarious feature for however long they last.

#3 Posted by ZombieSpace (286 posts) -

No.

#4 Edited by JusticeJanitor (145 posts) -

@SpikeSpiegel said:

It doesn't have to be an Endurance Run, but it would be a hilarious feature for however long they last.

I agree. I would watch the shit out of that.

#5 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@SpikeSpiegel: Well this would be an Endurance anyway.

@ZombieSpace: YES!!!

Also I think its only fair that they all have the same class, so no disadvantage from the start as the monk can heal himself.

#6 Posted by el_tajij (709 posts) -

On Hardcore mode, this would be AMAZING!

#7 Posted by JaredA (822 posts) -

That honestly sounds kinda boring to me. I feel like an interesting story needs to be a prerequisite for an ER, and I don't think Diablo III is up to snuff in that department.

#8 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19331 posts) -

I'd probably find it very boring.

#9 Posted by gjedwards (102 posts) -

i dont think it would be very entertaining, also diablo 3 doesnt have enough substance for an ER. Nobody would want to watch the same areas 4 times only with different mobs. i think one of the main draws to dablo is the loot which you wont care about if it isnt your character.

#10 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@JaredA said:

That honestly sounds kinda boring to me. I feel like an interesting story needs to be a prerequisite for an ER, and I don't think Diablo III is up to snuff in that department.

Its not about that its about Endurance all for them selfs, last man standing, more like a competition.

#11 Posted by ZombieSpace (286 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@SpikeSpiegel: Well this would be an Endurance anyway.

@ZombieSpace: YES!!!

Also I think its only fair that they all have the same class, so no disadvantage from the start as the monk can heal himself.

Fine! you win

#12 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@gjedwards said:

i dont think it would be very entertaining, also diablo 3 doesnt have enough substance for an ER. Nobody would want to watch the same areas 4 times only with different mobs. i think one of the main draws to dablo is the loot which you wont care about if it isnt your character.

Its a 4 player competition though last man standing, its not just a single player playthough. It will be on hardcore so once someone dies thats them done. Think about the drama.

#13 Posted by Jeust (10560 posts) -

That's a good idea for both fans of D3 and of the giantbomb crew. Congrats!

#14 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@Jeust said:

And with 7 millions copies sold would bring some major HITS.

#15 Posted by AlisterCat (5538 posts) -

They will not do another Endurance Run.

#16 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@AlisterCat said:

Id put money on it they do. 50 internet bucks?

#17 Posted by M_Shini (551 posts) -

No way i would rather eat my own boogies.

#18 Posted by SmilingPig (1337 posts) -

No, that game is super boring to watch.

#19 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@M_Shini: This comment sums up the internet.

#20 Posted by BigChickenDinner (766 posts) -

I have a feeling a hardcore anything would last about 30mins-1hr.

#21 Posted by AlisterCat (5538 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@AlisterCat said:

Id put money on it they do. 50 internet bucks?

Not any time soon, and nothing to do with what people want or ask for.

#22 Posted by Jeust (10560 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Jeust said:

And with 7 millions copies sold would bring some major HITS.

Pretty much!

#23 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@BigChickenDinner said:

I have a feeling a hardcore anything would last about 30mins-1hr.

Even better!

#24 Posted by M_Shini (551 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior:

Its just not that fun to watch :( not for me anyway from what they already did.

#25 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Maybe Endurance Run isnt the right title, more like 0 Lifes Left or No Continues

#27 Posted by ExplodeMode (852 posts) -

I would watch that. But since you said it, it can't happen.

#28 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

It should be a hardcore run with some stupid stipulation..

DRUNK DIABLO HARDCORE ENDURANCE RUN.

#29 Posted by Turambar (6742 posts) -

I'm actually watching the GameFront video guys do that right now and the entire normal difficulty run would only be a giant bore. 

#30 Posted by Grixxel (765 posts) -

D3? Really?

#31 Posted by Turambar (6742 posts) -
@M_Shini said:

@Bourbon_Warrior:

Its just not that fun to watch :( not for me anyway from what they already did.

If they start at nightmare difficulty or higher, it would be more entertaining.  You simply cannot die on normal mode from anything.
#32 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

This sounds more like a Breaking Brad feature more than an ER.

#33 Posted by Lanechanger (465 posts) -

Not as an E.R. but it might work as a T.N.T. where they put down bets and drink for each level/boss that they survive

#34 Posted by Irvandus (2877 posts) -

@JusticeJanitor said:

@SpikeSpiegel said:

I agree. I would watch the shit out of that.

Yep

#35 Posted by RVonE (4634 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

How about doing a Endurance Run on Diablo 3 guys. The original four, new characters, hardcore mode, last man standing!

If they somehow beat it, continue on to the next diffuculty, until only the victor remains. And hijinks to get the other player killed is highly acceptable.

Ugh, are we still on that shit?

#36 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Can we just stop it with the Endurance Run threads?

#37 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4714 posts) -

Maybe not an Endurance Run, but maybe to replace the Lantern Run? Don't do it every day, just every week or so for maybe an hour or two? This would actually be glorious. Lantern Run was shit but this could be funny.

Of course, they won't do it.

#38 Posted by Toxin066 (3284 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

This sounds more like a Breaking Brad feature more than an ER.

My thoughts exactly.

#39 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1568 posts) -

A Diablo III Lantern Run-style video? I'd be down.

#40 Posted by HadesTimes (804 posts) -

Not usually one for Endurance Run suggestions etc... But I'm for this one.

In fact, I would just like to see another Endurance Run, on something....

#41 Posted by Draxyle (1835 posts) -

At first I thought no, but hardcore mode.. that would be fantastic. See who survives the longest until there's one bomber forced to talk to himself until he dies. I'd rather they not waste an "endurance run" on D3, but it would have the potential to be fascinating.

Maybe if they called it something else, since it could potentially end within hours.

#42 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1602 posts) -

Not as an endurance run ... but I like the idea. once they are back from E3 there won't be any major releases for a while anyways.

#43 Posted by hwy_61 (922 posts) -

Rule #1 of Giant Bomb: Don't ask for Endurance Runs, just let them happen.

#44 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

That's a bad idea. Brad would also go more batshit than he did during that Lantern-run with Trials.

#45 Posted by Robo (792 posts) -

It's too new and too high profile to even be a possibility. Blizzard probably wouldn't be too keen on them running through the whole game in such a manner. And if they get on Blizz's wrong side, the crew's kids might have a hard time getting early info about Diablo IV to post on GiantSpotInformerFAQStiqtaku.com

Also there's a fair amount of boring downtime in Diablo spent breaking down old/unnecessary items, crafting, backtracking...but not enough for an appropriately frustrating ER.

#46 Posted by Alamun (33 posts) -

This sounds like it would be fun to watch. Also, folks already livestream Diablo III, so I think there's a chance Blizzard would allow it.

#47 Posted by BlackLagoon (1414 posts) -

The last man standing idea might make a decent TNT, but over all I can't say I found the Diablo III coverage particularly riveting. Devoting a full endurance run to it would be a waste.

#48 Posted by Tennmuerti (8075 posts) -

I fully support a Hardcore run to the last survivor feature.

It would be awesome, you know people will start getting emotional when the stakes are so much higher.

#49 Edited by Robo (792 posts) -

@Alamun: It's different when it's a legit video game site. But yeah there's a chance.

I'd be more down for a hardcore last man standing type of thing too. It wouldn't have to be an endurance run, just a replacement for the lantern run. But only if those who fail are REQUIRED to hang around until the last man dies...for "inspiration."

#50 Posted by myketuna (1679 posts) -

Guys, guys! Can we get another Extended Play?! Huh? Another Extended Play? *crickets*

Anyway, on a more serious note, this sounds like a good "We have nothing to do and no games are coming out, so let's livestream on a whim" feature. That said, I doubt they'll even be able to do something like this anytime soon with E3 just around the corner. And the probable downtime/recovery time right after the show is over. And by then, Diablo 3 might be "old". At least to the crew anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.