Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Difficulty progress

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By csl316

So I finished normal solo, and now I'm curious how I can get to hell in multiplayer. Do I have to make a game and beat nightmare in order, or can I jump to someone else's game and beat quests in any order? I'm guessing I can't jump straight to the end, of course.

I'm wondering how this game tracks your progress in mp, I guess.

RichLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By RichLee

i think you can jump in anywhere. but you'd be under leveled for anything other than the beginning. just start at the beginning again...you've played at all before anyway.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ajamafalous

First, no, you cannot jump straight to Hell. You have to have beaten Nightmare and be at least level 50 to start Hell (I know this because it just happened to my friend; an overleveled friend rushed him through Nightmare and he was only 48 when he finished it. Game told him he couldn't start Hell until he was 50). You wouldn't be able to do anything anyway as the enemies are scaled for those levels (1-30 Normal, 30-50 Nightmare, 50-60 Hell, 60 Inferno). 

As far as quest progress goes, I'm not sure how it's handled if you're trying to join a friend of yours who is farther than you, but for public games you'll only be able to join games that are before or up to the quest you're on. Your quest progress will reflect any quests you beat. So, if you're at the Skeleton King for quest progress, you join a game where they're at the Skeleton King, beat him, and then finish Act I, you'll be able to continue playing later at Act II.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#4  Edited By StarvingGamer

I'm fairly certain that I've skipped quests entirely by joining friends' games. I have also had a friend join my quest progression when he was 5 levels below me.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By csl316

@StarvingGamer said:

I'm fairly certain that I've skipped quests entirely by joining friends' games. I have also had a friend join my quest progression when he was 5 levels below me.

You should be able to. I was getting blocked when joining Nightmare while still on Normal, and all it said was that the difficulty wasn't unlocked. Haven't had a chance to test it, though.

Didn't know about the minimum 50 thing for Hell. Makes sense.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ichthy

You can join any of your friends' games of the same difficulty no matter where your own progress is at. So if you only started normal, you can jump straight Diablo fight if you want. Hell you can even jump to someone's game that's already beaten Diablo. The caveat is that you can't go back and replay any chapter you didn't complete yourself.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.