Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Experience glitch?

Avatar image for thedeadcomedian
    TheDeadComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By TheDeadComedian

I'm a level 21 monk, and I noticed I hadn't leveled up in quite awhile. I took a look at my experience bar and it says I have 60,980/0 exp.

What the fuck?

There's also no gold in the bar, it looks empty.

HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By HydraHam

Yeah.

And the Repair cost is fucking stupid, i did 2 A1 butch/warden runs and the repair cost was almost 100k and i barely make 60k in both runs and they nerfed my NT. I am done with Diablo 3 till they stop pushing the bullshit AH on us because i was slowly progressing before this patch but now i cant afford to progress unless i buy items with real money and fuck that and fuck this game /rant /yesimmad

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gamefreak9

@HydraHam:

Ever heard of something called HC? They manage to push through inferno and there is no RMAH. And shit is very expensive to buy on the AH. They are trying to encourage a cautious playstyle... and its MUCH better, any little kid can zerg mobs and keep dying. Now they are rewarding SKILLFUL play.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NickL

If I had to guess this is probably related to the patch note that says "Guest passes will now show 0/0 instead of 0/XXXXX at max level."

It will probably be fixed soon.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Grissefar

@gamefreak9 said:

@HydraHam:

Ever heard of something called HC? They manage to push through inferno and there is no RMAH. And shit is very expensive to buy on the AH. They are trying to encourage a cautious playstyle... and its MUCH better, any little kid can zerg mobs and keep dying. Now they are rewarding SKILLFUL play.

Wow, that was random and desperate.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NickL

@Grissefar said:

@gamefreak9 said:

@HydraHam:

It isn't random or desperate. The guy was whining about repair costs that occur when he dies (because the old "strategy" in softcore was to constantly die and whittle away at hard elite mobs, hence why repair costs were increased)

Hardcore players obviously can't die or they lose their character and yet a lot of them have gotten fairly deep into inferno (with much much worse items I might add). Heck, in the patch notes blizzard says something like "Maybe you should get some tips from your hardcore friends" or something like that.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By valrog

Hey guys... I think you're missing the point of the thread.

Sorry OP, I can't help you. I noticed that I wasn't getting any experience for some time (it just stayed the same), but then it kind of fixed itself. I have no idea what was going down to this day and it wasn't exactly what you described.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NickL

@valrog said:

Sorry OP, I can't help you. I noticed that I wasn't getting any experience for some time (it just stayed the same), but then it kind of fixed itself. I have no idea what was going down to this day and it wasn't exactly what you described.

What is the point of this thread?

It is a bug that has started popping up after the last patch. Blizzard knows about it.

/thread I guess?

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gamefreak9

@NickL said:

@Grissefar said:

@gamefreak9 said:

@HydraHam:

It isn't random or desperate. The guy was whining about repair costs that occur when he dies (because the old "strategy" in softcore was to constantly die and whittle away at hard elite mobs, hence why repair costs were increased)

Hardcore players obviously can't die or they lose their character and yet a lot of them have gotten fairly deep into inferno (with much much worse items I might add). Heck, in the patch notes blizzard says something like "Maybe you should get some tips from your hardcore friends" or something like that.

exactly, just to put this into perspective, I bought a 2 handed 1k dps weopon for 100k in softcore. The same thing would cost 10 million in HC.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By valrog

@NickL said:

@valrog said:

What is the point of this thread?

It is a bug that has started popping up after the last patch. Blizzard knows about it.

/thread I guess?

And most of the posts are about repair costs increase and hardcore characters.

HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By HydraHam

@Grissefar said:

@gamefreak9 said:

@HydraHam:

How? i answered a question and vented about other changes that happened in the patch. I vented about ANOTHER problem that hundreds are already crying out about, the fact that a lot of us cant progress without either

1. Farming gear in A1 inferno or

2. Farming Gold to buy off AH

They made MF almost completely useless, made GF ever harder by nerfing all the spots and drop % and increased the repair cost that is just out-fucking-rageous, i die maybe once every 2-3 runs, dying isn't the issue, your armor and weapons degrade, 1 run alone costed me damn near 50k and i didn't die once, how is that fair? i didn't even make 50k gold.. you now literally cannot get ahead and it's bullshit and i am over the game. Was it a rant? yes, but i also pointed out ANOTHER issue besides this issue instead of creating a whole new thread.

Get over it, it's the internet.

eternalshades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By eternalshades

@TheDeadComedian said:

I'm a level 21 monk, and I noticed I hadn't leveled up in quite awhile. I took a look at my experience bar and it says I have 60,980/0 exp.

What the fuck?

There's also no gold in the bar, it looks empty.

On topic: I've seen reports that changing your account password fixes the xp bug. Random way to fix an apparently unrelated issue, I know, but that seems to be your best bet atm.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#13  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @HydraHam I made a full run of Act I on Inferno to see if it would be better with the new way NV works. I died once. I don't know what my repair costs were but they must have been less than 50k. I ended up making about 250k profit in gold. I also melted almost all the useless lvl 60 items for mats instead of vendoring them and kept all the good stuff in my stash for twinks instead of selling anything on the AH. I don't know what I'm doing differently from you but it sounds like you might be doing something wrong.

Also I switched to the fear skull rune since NT was nerfed and the game actually seemed easier. I even managed to kill a fast/jailer/shielding/arcane champ pack and a fast/jailer/teleporting/invincible minions unique without dying once and that NEVER happens.
    Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Green_Incarnate

You divided by zero. Don't do that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.