Find any legendary items yet?

#1 Edited by Bwast (1342 posts) -

I've found 2! Magefist and The Burning Axe of Sankis. Magefist I found in a pile of rocks in act 2 normal and Sankis I found on a weapon rack in act 4 normal. I get so excited when I see that orange text. I was playing with my brother when I found Magefist. He was going to town because his inventory was full so I waited outside a dungeon entrance for him. I started attacking all of the rocks around, something I never did before because I thought it was a waste of time. Eventually Magefist pops out and I tell him that I got a legendary. From then on I checked everything for items. I've gotten a few rares from them, too and eventually got my second legendary in act 4. Just goes to show, you never know where that good item will be, you have to be vigilant. Although, I will say that the legendaries for low levels don't seem all that great, you out level them pretty quick. They're more a bragging item than anything but still cool to get them nonetheless. Here are the items if you wanted to take a look:

#2 Edited by ichthy (516 posts) -

I've found a pair of Frostburns, some low level monk weapon, and Tal Rasha's Guardianship. None of them have particularly compelling stats compared to some of the rares available right now.

#3 Posted by Rastopher (35 posts) -

I found a legendary fist weapon in act 1 on normal. I ended up giving it to my brother since he was a monk. Overall it wasn't too spectacular and he ended up replacing it fairly quick. The only other legendary I've gotten was a pair of Frostburn gauntlets I scored off the auction house for 10k. I was pretty happy with that find.

#4 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Got some random legendary spear off a random mob in Act III Nightmare. Stats were so shit, it went straight to the vendors to be forever destroyed from this world.

On topic of legendary items... I just listened to this! Some legendary riffs in there! My favorite part starts at 2:30. Get some.

#5 Posted by WMWA (1162 posts) -

Nope. Level 50 with 85% MF. Yes I'm mad about it

#6 Posted by Marmalade (192 posts) -

Found a level 5 belt from the bandit boss right before the Drowned Temple. It kinda sucks. :(

#7 Posted by Panpipe (474 posts) -

@wmaustin55 said:

Nope. Level 50 with 85% MF. Yes I'm mad about it

How are you finding MF? As in, is it useful? With the AH I've been kind of ignoring MF.

#8 Posted by WMWA (1162 posts) -
@Panpipe Great for useful rates and lots of high class gems. Useless thus far for sets/legendaries. I'm starting to think blizzard is throttling that shit to funnel us to the auction house. Get us used to it so that when the real currency one goes live we'll be more apt to use it; thus giving Blizz their cut. Or maybe I'm just being overly cynical cause I can't find anything =/
#9 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Three so far, they're not that great.

#10 Posted by alanm26v5 (449 posts) -

I found a legendary quiver in act 3 normal while farming for the secret level staff parts. I have no idea if it's good or not because I'm a Wizard.

#11 Posted by gamefreak9 (2359 posts) -

Nope, but my friend found 5... with like NO magic find... absolutely ridiculous.

#12 Posted by Lokno (386 posts) -

Found an eyeball necklace. Trouble is I stopped wearing it because I found something with whole hell of a lot more dex.

#13 Posted by JaredA (824 posts) -

Sadly, no Legendary items yet. Making my way through my nightmare run right now with no magic find.

#14 Posted by PhantomGardener (464 posts) -

I have found one legendary ring. Was no use for my wizard, so put it up for sale on the AH.

#15 Edited by Garfield518 (404 posts) -

@wmaustin55 said:

@Panpipe Great for useful rates and lots of high class gems. Useless thus far for sets/legendaries. I'm starting to think blizzard is throttling that shit to funnel us to the auction house. Get us used to it so that when the real currency one goes live we'll be more apt to use it; thus giving Blizz their cut. Or maybe I'm just being overly cynical cause I can't find anything =/

Don't feel too bad, most lvl60 blues are better than their legendary counterparts anyway.

I was pumped when I found Skorn, then I was pissed when I found the blue a few hours later.

#16 Posted by B0HICAH (42 posts) -

@Garfield518 said:

@wmaustin55 said:

Don't feel too bad, most lvl60 blues are better than their legendary counterparts anyway.

I was pumped when I found Skorn, then I was pissed when I found the blue a few hours later.

I don't see how that blue is any better than the legendary at all. Maybe comparable... but if the Bleed procs it seems better. I guess it depends on what class you are, as a Monk I'd use Skorn.

#17 Posted by Mijati (922 posts) -

Nope, level 60 and about as many hours in. Been running since the start of hell with >100% MF and nothing over a rare.

#18 Posted by Garfield518 (404 posts) -

@B0HICAH said:

@Garfield518 said:

@wmaustin55 said:

I don't see how that blue is any better than the legendary at all. Maybe comparable... but if the Bleed procs it seems better. I guess it depends on what class you are, as a Monk I'd use Skorn.

That bleed proc (527-982 damage) means absolutely nothing when your regular attack hits for over 20k.

#19 Posted by CaLe (3985 posts) -

Magic Find is the worst stat ever invented. They should have locked it at a base level for everyone.

#20 Edited by SeanFoster (868 posts) -

No. I'm a Level 53 Wizard (and that's fucked up) I'm pretty disappointed about it too. I was really surprised when I defeated Diablo on Nightmare difficultly and he didn't even drop a Rare item.

#21 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

I found a legendary source, near the end of Act II. I'm playing a Demon hunter though, so it's pretty pointless at the moment.

#22 Posted by RustySpoon (143 posts) -

@seanfoster: I wouldn't feel bad. Compared to the blues and rares from Inferno (and probably Hell as well), the legendary loot is anything but. Blizzard really needs to address it.

#23 Posted by CrystaljDesign (152 posts) -

@wmaustin55: Don't worry, I haven't found any yet either. Just means we're bad at video games.

#24 Posted by fox01313 (5073 posts) -

Playing through normal difficulty with the mage in act3 I found one chest armor piece that a little less better than the other items being found right now. And on an earlier run through that area of act3 a friend of mine in the same game as I found a legendary 2 handed item (or might have been a 1h spear) for his monk that seemed rather good but not insanely awesome. Sorry can't recall the names at the moment.

Same can be said for Rakinishu's blade (from a side mission quest), interesting but not all that awesome.

#25 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Found a legendary Spirit Stone (monk helm), sold it for 100k because the rare I had was better and people are stupid.

#26 Posted by ahgunsillyo (450 posts) -

I also found a Magefist midway through my Normal playthrough. I'm playing a Monk, so I ended up giving it to my friend, who is playing a Wizard.

#27 Posted by Giantstalker (1652 posts) -

Nope, not a single one. I don't care if most of them are crap, it's just a downer to go almost fifty levels without a single unique (in D2, I would have at least a stash worth by now).

As said earlier in the threat, probably part of Blizzard's master plan with the Auction House.

#28 Posted by ikaruga (192 posts) -

found only one so far. It's funny that you get all blue from bosses and a legendary just randomly pop out of a crate

#29 Posted by DillonWerner (1528 posts) -

Found this. It's pretty cool, helps find a ton more gold.

#30 Posted by buft (3317 posts) -

A buddy found 1 in a stash in act 2 nightmare, was a barb belt with stats that where ok for me but i had a better rare which was 10 lvls higher

#31 Posted by MrOldboy (869 posts) -

I found two, I leveled beyond one quickly. Still using the other. Sold it on the auction house for cheap, sold in 5 mins. You can get some really good bonus stats from some, but the one's I got were meh.

#32 Posted by jakob187 (21671 posts) -

I'm not too worried about it at the moment. The Legendaries I want to drop are the crafting patterns as well as the Barb legendary and set rings. I'd even take any of the Sovereign stuff at the moment.

@Garfield518 said:

Skorn is drastically better overall than that axe, as the axe only provides damage and that is it. There are no other stats for your toon on it. By all means, if you can build a glass cannon and make that work on Inferno, then good for you. As a Barbarian, I would never use the axe on the right.

Meanwhile, I will say this: welcome to Diablo, where blues and yellows could be better than legendaries and set pieces because blues and yellows are a gamble. That is essentially what the blacksmith is: a dealer at a poker table, and you are gambling at making something better. The mats are expensive as fuck for the end game stuff, but goddamn it can be worth it.

#33 Posted by Marz (5653 posts) -

found a legendary lvl 19 axe on my first normal playthrough in Act 3. but haven't found another legendary in since i got to hell difficulty.

#34 Posted by StarvingGamer (8246 posts) -

Nope, lvl 56, :'(

#35 Posted by Addfwyn (1926 posts) -

I found a legendary polearm, something Caldeum. It was decent damage but had no Vit on it whatsoever, so I ended up vendoring it. Wasn't even worth wasting an AH slot for a couple thousand gold, sadly.

#36 Posted by Tennmuerti (8104 posts) -

Yeah i found 3 so far, and only 1 of them was on my now 58 monk, the other 2 i actually found with much lower level characters. Sold 2 of them on the AH as they were kinda meh. But the off hand Legandary i found for my wizzard is totally baller and far outstrips other offhands even 5-10 levels higher. My currently lowly lvl20 wizzard had like 700+ dps hehehe.

#37 Posted by Tennmuerti (8104 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

I'm not too worried about it at the moment. The Legendaries I want to drop are the crafting patterns as well as the Barb legendary and set rings. I'd even take any of the Sovereign stuff at the moment.

@Garfield518 said:

Skorn is drastically better overall than that axe, as the axe only provides damage and that is it. There are no other stats for your toon on it. By all means, if you can build a glass cannon and make that work on Inferno, then good for you. As a Barbarian, I would never use the axe on the right.

Meanwhile, I will say this: welcome to Diablo, where blues and yellows could be better than legendaries and set pieces because blues and yellows are a gamble. That is essentially what the blacksmith is: a dealer at a poker table, and you are gambling at making something better. The mats are expensive as fuck for the end game stuff, but goddamn it can be worth it.

Hmm do you guys know if anyone made any damage calculators yet?

I'm nearing 60 and this is a good example as any, decisions have to be made before purchase now with a lot of money on the line for high end items, and pure DPS is not a good enough metric. That blue axe has only it's very flat 1340 dps which already includes the extra flat dmg bonus and the % dmg bonus on the item. However the Legendary has 143 DEX, which not only converts to dodge (and armor with a rune) but also adds 143% to base character dmg (not base weapon dmg) which is not reflected in the weapon dmg number.

So it's not quite as easy as say multiplying 708 by 143% there are many other factors like speed boosts, other weapon/gear, existing % dmg buffs from primary stat etc. By the same virtue however the flat 1340 of that axe would also be multiplied by your already existing stats too, just not by the DEX on the weapon itself since there is none. In the end the maths gets a bit too much to do in your noggin.

Overall it's safe to assume that that blue will out dps the Legendary, but the margin will be much lower then double.

#38 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -

I found a legendary crafting book for a belt, spent an hour or so farming the mats and it was useless to me.

#39 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

I got a legendary glove that was worse than the rare glove I was using.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.