Finding support help without an account?

#1 Edited by Blomakrans (151 posts) -

Hey,

I'm hoping any of you has had something similar happen or could help me with this problem i'm having with battle.net.

I've been thinking about buying d3 and decided to do so today. However, I went to create an battle.net account but it said that someone had already connected an account to my email. Then I remembered the WoW trial i had been on last year so I tried to log in using my email and usual password for these kinds of things but it didn't work. So I go and try to reset my pw and see that i need to fill out some first and last name forms. I do so and press continue, but then battle net says that this email/name combination doesnt exist. So i dig deep in my email and find my original registration email to try and see what name I had registered and see that at the top it says : "Hi, x and welcome to battle.net..." where x is my real first name. So I go back to the battle.net pw retrieval thingy and try lots of different versions of my last name with common typos, but all for nothing.

That's when i decide to try and contact support. But guess what? You need an account to submit a ticket...

So tl;dr: I can't log in to battle.net, I cant reset my password, I can't create a new account, I can't create a ticket and I can't contact support. Do you guys know of any email or something i could use to contact support? I just want to play diablo :(

#2 Posted by Forcen (1856 posts) -

Call them.

#3 Posted by Blomakrans (151 posts) -

Hm, the thing is that i don't live one of the countries listed for phone support.

#4 Edited by Neferon (262 posts) -
#5 Posted by Forcen (1856 posts) -

@Blomakrans: try this:

Did you know that you can use Skype to call our Support for Free?

Simply install Skype on your computer or phone and use it to dial +44 800 0288246. Skype does not charge you for calls to +44 800 numbers even from outside the UK!

#6 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

@Blomakrans: Maybe I'm not 100% understanding the issue, but can't you just make a phony gmail address that you only use as a B-Net account?

#7 Posted by Blomakrans (151 posts) -

@Forcen: Ah! Nice, thanks!

@Neferon: I'm from Iceland.

#8 Posted by Blomakrans (151 posts) -

@Cincaid: No thats true, I could do that. But I'd rather not make another email account just to play D3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.