Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Forget the "official" bosses...

Mooqi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mooqi

...because the real boss is Herald of Pestilence! My barbarian could tank and faceroll frenzy all of the game's bosses in normal mode and didn't give a shit about any AOE they might have thrown.

Herald of Pestilence, on the other hand, killed me faster than my ping of 300ms would allow me to dodge his crap.

Summary: first playthrough took 18 hours, I died seven times, all of them to Herald of Pestilence. I vote for making him final boss!

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Three0neFive

use more skill

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By joshthebear

The only advice, per Gary Whitta, you need. Shoot that guy.

Neferon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Neferon

I'm voting for that Frozen, Illusionist, Arcane Enchanted pack I encountered at the start of the sewers in ACT 2 Hell. Good god that was hectic.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sjupp

@Neferon said:

I'm voting for that Frozen, Illusionist, Arcane Enchanted pack I encountered at the start of the sewers in ACT 2 Hell. Good god that was hectic.

Try facing Mortar, Arcane Enhanced, Molten, Vampiric mobs on Inferno. We had to give up.

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Jaktajj

Not faced it myself but the toughest i've heard of is: Extra fast, horde, invincible minions, fire chain.

Apparently it's literally unbeatable.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By emem

Oh, I thought it's the boss with the ooze things first... those little guys haven't been that hard for me (as a wizard) either, though. I guess it's harder for melee classes.

Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Brake

The worst ones for me on nightmare so far were three of those spinning dudes. They had vampiric and mortars. It would probably have been fairly easy with a wizard or a demon hunter, but when you have to get close (I'm playing monk) and those fuckers are constantly healing themselves from hitting you, it's a little more difficult. I tried staying just far enough to be away from the spin move, but then I got hit by the mortars. Eventually I was able to get to them one by one and I found a pattern in their attacks to exploit.

That was harder than any boss fight so far.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ares42

@el_tajij said:

Not faced it myself but the toughest i've heard of is: Extra fast, horde, invincible minions, fire chain.

lol, I believe it. That sounds.... fucked up.

Giefcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Giefcookie

I loved watching the No Life livestream last night. Having killed Diablo in Inferno they still get absolutely stomped by trash packs. Especially in the inferno Whimsyshire. Killer unicorns, the real threat in Diablo 3.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By buft

@Mooqi said:

...because the real boss is Herald of Pestilence! My barbarian could tank and faceroll frenzy all of the game's bosses in normal mode and didn't give a shit about any AOE they might have thrown.

Herald of Pestilence, on the other hand, killed me faster than my ping of 300ms would allow me to dodge his crap.

Summary: first playthrough took 18 hours, I died seven times, all of them to Herald of Pestilence. I vote for making him final boss!

playing nightmare and that damn pestilence arm he throws out hits so hard, wait until you get rare ones with molten/vortex, sucks you in to the green/orange death circles.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By TobbRobb

Those fucking Pestilence Heralds are screwing my ass so bad in Hell. I HATE THEM!

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Venatio

I haven't had too much trouble yet, only in Act 2 but how do I kill that Fuad asshole? He just keeps on regenerating.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Grillbar

i thought Herald of Pestilence was extremely easy but im a demon hunter.

i have a ton of problems with any mob that has jailer + mortar on hell dif and if they have invulnerable minions to then im screwed when solo'ing

NaDannMaGoGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NaDannMaGoGo

@el_tajij said:

Jesus that actually exists (I guess why shouldn't it right?).

That's just... invincible minions is bad enough but with that shit, oh woah. Actually I still can't believe that exists^^ Then again they probably didn't put in certain restrictions.

heavyplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By heavyplay

I hate vampiric enemies. WHY WON"T YOU DIEEE

And as a monk, anything that leaves a trail of lava/poison behind it is a pain in the ass.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By kindgineer

All I know is that the Arcane Sentries that pop up in Nightmare mode really fuck me up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.