Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

God damnit Blizzard.

• 63 results
    octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By octaslash

@TooWalrus said:

Your're confused. These are the Giantbomb.com forums, the Blizzard forum is over here.

I don't think the original poster is actually trying to speak directly to Blizzard. This thread certainly qualifies to be in our Diablo 3 forum. Also, your link goes to the WoW forums.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#52  Edited By AndrewB

Can we get a petition going to change the beginning of Diablo III?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#53  Edited By Jeust

@EXTomar said:

Sort of...I mean people aren't moaning and complaining that Black Ops (or Black Ops 2) needs online to do all of the features those guys want to stuff into the game even in single player modes. I lament the "anti-online" stance especially when it doesn't make sense compared to the features provided and what the competition pushes.

Diablo 1 and 2 had a standalone single player that didn't need any online activation or permanent connection, letting players play the game offline, with many of them never getting online even. Given this fact, and the latest hack and slash games like Titan Quest and Torchlight, fans weren't expecting this turn of event - the DRM -and are disappointed.

While Diablo 2 had a famous multiplayer component, the game was were more focused on the single player experience, unlike the latest Call of Duty games, so you can't compare them. Hack and slash games aren't like first person shooters.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Ravenlight

Launch-day shenanigans are why I'm waiting until Friday to take the day off and play D3.

@AndrewB said:

Can we get a petition going to change the beginning of Diablo III?

ZING! Followed.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By toowalrus

@Octaslash: It went to wherever popped up when I googled "Blizzard forums".

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Spoonman671

Yo, it's Day 1, son.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#57  Edited By benspyda

I managed to login in after 3 - 4 tries when it unlocked. Or have all the servers just died or something since then?

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By WMWA
    @EXTomar

@jozzy said:

@EXTomar said:

@jozzy said:

Gotta love those people in beta that were saying: It's just as STRESS TEST folks, they will have their shit together at launch. I will buy this game when it has an offline mode, not before (so probably never).

Wait...so fixing an online service problem is an offline mode?

Well yeah, is that so hard to understand?!

I just want to play it in single player if I choose to. I want to be able to play this game without randomly getting disconnected, without lag and server downtimes. I want to play it on my long ass plane trip next week. I know i know, that's not what Diablo 3 is aparently. Diablo and Diablo 2 were just that for me though.

Actually it is hard to understand since the problem is the online service not a missing mode in the game. Why would you want to play an online game in an offline mode? Just to click on stuff?

And have you actually tried to play a game like Diablo 2 on an airplane? It sucks due to the noise and space and unless you are in a new airplane with new hardware getting power is a problem. An off-line mode won't help fix that either

That's not really your place to dictate how a person likes to enjoy their games, much less where. It's Blizzard's. Joking aside, don't be a prick, man
    WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By WMWA
    @RedRavN

People payed $60 for a game that is essentially broken at this point. Its just not acceptable for a AAA big budget game to have these kind if launch problems, especially one that has been beta tested for several months. I don't think the issue here is really about online only single player, but with the fact that even people with online access can not get the game to work. I am really glad I avoided purchasing this game and will not even think about buying it until it is in a stable state.

Yep. Even though I'm perfectly fine with waiting, I know I will. I want this game that much. Doesn't excuse the fact that it shouldn't have happened.
    PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By PixelPrinny

@EXTomar said:

@jozzy said:

@EXTomar said:

@jozzy said:

@EXTomar said:

@jozzy said:

Gotta love those people in beta that were saying: It's just as STRESS TEST folks, they will have their shit together at launch. I will buy this game when it has an offline mode, not before (so probably never).

Wait...so fixing an online service problem is an offline mode?

Well yeah, is that so hard to understand?!

I just want to play it in single player if I choose to. I want to be able to play this game without randomly getting disconnected, without lag and server downtimes. I want to play it on my long ass plane trip next week. I know i know, that's not what Diablo 3 is aparently. Diablo and Diablo 2 were just that for me though.

Actually it is hard to understand since the problem is the online service not a missing mode in the game. Why would you want to play an online game in an offline mode? Just to click on stuff?

Ok, you are just doing the wise guy routine, got it.

And what are you doing? Seriously what is the point of an offline mode for a game that is played online, stores your character online, has additional features online? To play in a crappy environment that lacks power, that is noisy, that is cramped in some hobbled mode where little matters? How very entertaining.

It makes me sad to see someone with a Flonne icon sound like such a clueless twat. I suppose it's fitting in a way, though. =/

Edit: Just so I don't sound like I'm merely flaming, let's put it into some context you might understand if you're a Disgaea fan -- Let's say I want to play Disgaea 4 by myself. I don't want to do pirate battles, I don't want to play user created maps, I just wanna grind item world or play storymode or whatever. Now let's say I don't have internet access at the time -- either because I just don't care to connect my PS3, or I'm travelling and not playing at home, or my internet just happens to be down. Now what if I wasn't allowed to play Disgaea 4 unless I was constantly connected online? That'd be pretty ridiculous if all I wanted to do was play by myself and not touch any of the online offerings.

It's the same issue people are having with Diablo 3 really and wishing they could play what they view as a primarily single-player experience offline. Your opinion of it not being entertaining or whatever is completely irrelevant. They have different tastes from you and just because you might not want that doesn't negate their opinion.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By vaiz

@Delphye said:

I have my pitch fork ready, we doing this?

Let's roll.

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By artgarcrunkle

"Muhfuckas gon' buy it anyways, I don't give a fuuuuuuuuuck"

- John Blizzard

solidlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By solidlife

Just for once I wish people would buy More servers than what they expected just to be safe :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.