Gold Carrying Monsters

#1 Posted by YuXing (65 posts) -

Why do monsters in games always carry gold around?

#2 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1671 posts) -

To buy lunch?

#3 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

I always explained it to myself that they probably picked it up off the people they had killed.

Also, why do peasants have more gold than adventurers? Or why do peasants even have as much gold (in higher levels)?

#4 Posted by altairre (1215 posts) -

@2HeadedNinja said:

To buy lunch?

This thread is complete.

#5 Posted by JCTango (1364 posts) -

@YuXing: @valrog said:

I always explained it to myself that they probably picked it up off the people they had killed.

Also, why do peasants have more gold than adventurers? Or why do peasants even have as much gold (in higher levels)?

Heh, funny you mentioned that valrog, because in DDO, the devs actually did that to one of their dragons in a dungeon of theirs.

After being killed, the party is free to loot anything from the huge stockpiles of gold that acts like a bed of money (think Scrooge McDuck) for the blue dragon. Amongst the gold are a bunch of worthless lowbie gear.

If the player is attentive from the start of their game, that same dragon was scene tormenting a group of adventurers in the tutorial area (lowbie area).

This implies that all the loot in that blue dragon's dungeon is from all the dead lowbie adventures who never saw light past the tutorial stage!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.