Have you had a boss or champion pack drop a legendary?

#1 Posted by Cataphract1014 (1313 posts) -

I've found like 6 lengendaries.  All of them pretty shitty except the Boj Anglers I found.  None of them have been from a boss or champion pack.  I always get them off of just some random trash monsters wandering around.  Has anyone seen a boss actually drop one?

#2 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

90 hours and still not one legendary drop here!

#3 Posted by groin (838 posts) -

I had Zoltun Kulle drop a crappy legendary weapon. I also had a champion pack in act 3 drop Tal Rasha's chest piece. The other legendaries (all of them were garbage) I found were dropped from random trash mobs.

#4 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

String of Ears from Azmodan on Hell.
Rest of my Legendaries either came from the environment or random trash mobs.
Got a set item from a vase, I was overjoyed (until I saw its crappy stats).

#5 Edited by Cataphract1014 (1313 posts) -
@TaliciaDragonsong: String of Ears is one of the good lengendaries.  So lucky.
#6 Posted by pweidman (2308 posts) -

My only Legendary item was Boj Anglers as well, and it fell off a little demon in the spire. Heh guys and gals, isn't there an update today for Zombie Bears(fixed on inclines, bugged b4)and increased loot drop rates? Haven't been able to log on yet.

#7 Posted by Cataphract1014 (1313 posts) -
@pweidman: The zombie bears fix went live today.  The drop rate changes were changed in 1.0.3, but if you mean the second drop rate changes, Blizzard said they will be in 1.0.3b later this week.
#8 Edited by Bobby_The_Great (1002 posts) -

I FINALLY got a legendary set item drop (Green item) Item lvl 61 Tal Rasha's Horadric Helmet that after looking around on the AH is worth at least $10,000,000 gold or $50 USD in the RMAH. But, I decided to wear it on my Witch Doctor because it significantly increased my damage and vitality. 

#9 Posted by jakob187 (21645 posts) -

Two of them: Flesh Tearer and Dead Man's Legacy. The roll on DML is alright, but the Flesh Tearer is a shit weapon all around for being a level 60.

I've also gotten Bul'Katho's Sacred Charge to drop as well.

#10 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@Cataphract1014: I play Witch Doctor however, and besides that drop I didn't get anything worthwhile, still struggling in Act 2.
Just about done with the game.
#11 Posted by Drazat (168 posts) -

Im on my 5th legendary i got 2 in one butcher run the other day.

#12 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

Two from Uniques, one from trash.

#13 Posted by Management (596 posts) -

170 hours in and not a single legendary.

#14 Posted by stinky (1544 posts) -

trash, chests.

found the 2 different versions of the same legendary as also.

never found a legendary that had to do with my class though.

#15 Posted by ajamafalous (11876 posts) -

Yeah, I've had three or four drop from champs/rares. 

@Cataphract1014 said:

@TaliciaDragonsong: String of Ears is one of the good lengendaries.  So lucky.
Only if it rolls good stats and a high %, otherwise you'll get more mitigation out of a regular belt.
#16 Posted by morrowjo (12 posts) -
#17 Posted by Oni (2095 posts) -

Found 2 legendaries, one very early on that was like a level 17 item (don't even remember what it was), and just now in Act 2 inferno off a blue mob pack. Messerschmidt's, a level 57 legendary axe. Was bummed out when I saw it was a levle 57 weapon. I'll be glad to get 100-200k for it, probably.

#18 Posted by Strife777 (1504 posts) -

Found 2 legendaries on my second playthrough. An axe and some gauntlets, I don't remember the names, one in a vase, the other from an enemy. They both kinda sucked. Kept them in my stash.

#19 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1846 posts) -

@mosdl said:

90 hours and still not one legendary drop here!

#20 Posted by laserbolts (5314 posts) -

60 hours and not one legendary has dropped for me yet. Maybe my magic find isn't high enough but I can't give up any stats trying to stack that.

#21 Posted by Robo (777 posts) -

Nope. In my 260 hours of playing across several characters the only 4 legendaries I've found came from armor/weapon racks, a chest, and a corpse.

Never saw any set items. Which is completely ridiculous to me, considering there are lower level sets I've only ever seen on the AH.

#22 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -

Only one and it was just recently. It's called Goldskin or something. It's decent

#23 Posted by Demokk (145 posts) -

I have only seen two legendaries drop. I got one from breaking a stump on Act I, and another from a champion pack in the Cathedral.

#24 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4888 posts) -

I had played ~110 hours and not gotten one, and then got 4 legendaries in 4 days. honestly, thogh, I don't remember what dropped them.

#25 Posted by MildMolasses (3214 posts) -

I got one this evening. It was a level 9, 2-handed axe that I couldn't use. So I sold it for next to nothing because I want to break the economy. It dropped from a trash mob in the Oasis

#26 Posted by Majkiboy (957 posts) -

200h and about 6 legendaries, and three of them from champions with 5 stacks of nephalem valor. One was from the prison guard dude boss (before drop nerf) and one who was from a treasure goblin with 5 stacks as well. I also got two green set drops before the nerf in act 1, one from a weapon rack and the other was from a random zombie I think (Natalyas and Innas but I don't remember what parts of the set, sold long time ago). But lately I have been getting real crap, only one of all these drops have been post 1.3 patch (I started to play the game about 1.5 weeks after launch so I have kinda the same amount of time played before and after patch), with 5 stacks I get only one yellow at all times from champions in act 3. In act 1 and 2 I get 2-3 at all times. So my tip for you grinders, stop doing act 3 ;). I for one am tired of the game and the lousy balance with difficulty, drop rates and money so I am about to quit for real. I put all my gear on RMAH and just hoping for the best :p.

(I am not ranting about any patch, I like that they are changing things up and I hope they will continue to do that).. But I feel aaalmost done!

#27 Posted by QKT (249 posts) -

every legendary i have found has been for a breakable...

#28 Posted by Nexnecis (43 posts) -

With about 60-ish hours played across all my charectors I finally had my first legendary drop last week off a champion pack.

A 2-hand sword with hatred-regen and pretty lousy stats.

Yeah.

#29 Posted by Nonapod (126 posts) -

I've had a very strange experience. I've gotten 4 Legendaries and 3 out of 4 were from a weapon rack (the other was from one of those cocooned victims in the spider cave). Consequently I always go out of my way to check weapon racks. I was starting to believe that weapon racks were the only place they dropped!

#30 Posted by Bajden (6 posts) -

just got an Adariels Visage from an elite pack in Inferno ACT 3... to bad they dropped alot in price over the past weeks

#31 Posted by emem (1962 posts) -

I got around 10 legendaries and not a single one came from a boss or champion pack, it's always been little mobs or chests (I guess chests drop only crap by now, though).

#32 Posted by Cataphract1014 (1313 posts) -

Since making this post I've had 2 lengendaries drop off of packs.  One was Andariel's Visage and the other was a crappy 400DPS level 60 staff.

#33 Posted by Zomgfruitbunnies (752 posts) -

Nope, just gold chests and regular dudes.

#34 Posted by cid798 (240 posts) -

Second character, hit level 60 in Act 3 of hell so going back through parts of Act 1 & 2, Still no Set or Legendary regardless of constant 5 stacks of NV.

#35 Posted by GnomeonFire (700 posts) -

I've got 1 and it was off of a random normal mob.

#36 Edited by steveurkel (126 posts) -

No, and I am getting really annoyed. I can't progress solo through act 2 for farming or act 3 because well I don't have 100k DPS pre-ss (as a demon hunter), and have no vitality/res gear to survive many attacks.

The REAL problem with the game right now is that "to progress" through these acts I need new gear, and new weapons (decent bow/crossbow) will cost me anywhere from 5 million to 100 million. I can't get that kind of money because I don't have the weaponry to kill these mobs in the first place!

Solo act 2 is so brutal, I admit I am bad at the game but it gets really infuriating when a "vile swarm" kills you 15 times running across the desert because you can't see it, and then invisible fucking snakes.

I just want better weapons :( Using a 850 DPS crossbow with 43% crit damage, and a socket so I have 50% crit damage so 93% with 850 dps weapon. Not a bad item, but I need one of them 1300 dps shooters!

Edit: 97 hours and not a single legendary, or set item. The most expensive item I ever got was 1.2 million.

#37 Posted by EXTomar (4530 posts) -

The only legendary I have dropped for me is Plans: Staff Of Herding. Oh well.

#38 Posted by MrCandleguy (822 posts) -

I've only got one legendary ever and that was on my hardcore character and not even for the right class ='[

#39 Posted by Xymox (2072 posts) -

I got one dropping from diablo. Same one I bought on the auction house like 5 minutes before I fought the guy.

random loot is random

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.