Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

How long until a console release of Diablo 3 happens?

wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By wh1terav3n

Via Joystiq:

Blizzard has been conducting said experiments, Wilson said, because "we feel that the controls and the style of the game lend itself to a console." And the tests have been successful. "With some of our early experiments in putting a direct control scheme into the game via a 360-like analogue controller, I've been 'Oh this feels even better, with direct control...'"

I'm guessing about a year and a half after the PC release we'll see a console Diablo 3. If the game seems to lend itself to a controller, I don't see why Blizzard wouldn't do it. They always said that they had to find out IF it would work. It seems they found out it does work, and quite well. The design of the game even seems to lend itself that way, especially with only having a certain amount of skill slots.

So will we a console version? If so would you buy it (again?)

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SeanFoster

I'd probably stick with the PC, but based on the Beta Quick Look, I see no reason it couldn't show up on a Console eventually.

I could see it being a launch title for the new Xbox/PS consoles in a couple of years.

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By Chris2KLee

The PS1 version of Diablo was pretty decent with it's direct control for combat and movement. I could see it happening, but I wouldn't hold out for it. I'm getting still planning on getting it for PC.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ghost_cat

One part to the joy of Diablo is constantly clicking your mouse on everything. A game pad wouldn't be the same.

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Quacktastic

I'd guess about 9mo-a year after the PC version.  Just going off of my gut.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By phrosnite

Day 1

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By valrog

It's Blizzard, so I would say around 12 years. Give or take.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.