Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

How long would you have to play before the game pays for itself?

MatthewFord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MatthewFord

Topic.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By buft

got it free with warcraft annual pass, already paid for itself.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By NickL

It is far too early to ask questions like that. Maybe try again in a couple months.

therealnelsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By therealnelsk

@NickL said:

It is far too early to ask questions like that. Maybe try again in a couple months.

As they said on the bombcast, hopefully Blizzard employs a lasseiz-faire methodology with the auction house. Until market forces balance things out, we won't really know how much stuff is worth. Allegedly it will launch next week, but we won't see real prices until the playerbase matures and everyone settles into their respective play styles.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NickL

@M3RPHY said:

@NickL said:

As they said on the bombcast, hopefully Blizzard employs a lasseiz-faire methodology with the auction house. Until the market forces balance things out, we won't really know how much stuff is worth.

Totally forgot about the bombcast this week! Thanks for the reminder!

therealnelsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By therealnelsk

@NickL: I actually did too, just listened to it while playing D3 haha. It's a good one, although Diablo will likely be discussed more next week because of the server problems (in fact, they're down now for a restart)

MatthewFord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MatthewFord

Alright so the real money AH has been out for a little while now.

same question.

shrinerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shrinerr

Supposedly some people have already made back their money and then some. As for me I'm still stuck in Hell (literally) so anything I find wouldn't be worth anything on the RMAH. And even when I do get to Inferno I'll probably stick to gah until I find some amazing item that my DH can't use.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By HadesTimes

Considering how terrible the auction house economy is right now. Either it would pay on 2 listings or 200. I think some people need to realize no matter how cool your item is, no one is paying $90 for it.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Ive just been chucking all my rares up for $1. Just banking some cash for the expansion.

BlamBlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BlamBlam

Time is money.

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By haffy

I stopped playing soft core and switched to hard core a day before RMAH. Sold the majority of my items and made £120 so far I think.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SuperWristBands

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

Ive just been chucking all my rares up for $1. Just banking some cash for the expansion.

does that even work? I thought Blizzard took a buck off each item that sells.

MatthewFord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MatthewFord

So far I've plugged about 30 hours. Just starting Hell. I've made 0 dollars from posting yellows at their default. Maybe I should just try to sell things for the minimum.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By kindgineer

I felt I got $60 worth in two scenarios.

1. Finally beat Inferno on my Barbarian.
    2. Made $75 in one throw on the RMAH.
    Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@SuperWristBands said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

does that even work? I thought Blizzard took a buck off each item that sells.

Blizzard takes 15%, so for each rare he gets $0.85.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Turambar
    @MatthewFord said:

So far I've plugged about 30 hours. Just starting Hell. I've made 0 dollars from posting yellows at their default. Maybe I should just try to sell things for the minimum.

No one cares about items below level 60.  Everything is easily accessible gold wise up until then.
    DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#18  Edited By DJJoeJoe

Sadly Blizz grabs a straight up $1 from every transaction and it seems it's another bump for the paypal transfer too... Couple that with me not wanting to sell anything for more than $1 cause... come on guys it's a fucking ITEM is a fucking VIDEO GAME... I would make like 25 cents or something off every item sold or whatever, and I'm very uncomfortable putting something at $5 or even higher. Don't think the game will ever 'pay for itself' in that way for me.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jack268

If you play 24/7 you'll have paid for it in a week probably, but if of course fluctuates depending on how stupid the people buying your items are and how lucky you are with items.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CaptainCody

@M3RPHY said:

@NickL said:

As they said on the bombcast, hopefully Blizzard employs a lasseiz-faire methodology with the auction house. Until market forces balance things out, we won't really know how much stuff is worth. Allegedly it will launch next week, but we won't see real prices until the playerbase matures and everyone settles into their respective play styles.

Too bad Blizzard makes it fucking impossible to set auctions less than 2 dollars because they want a set amount of money which forces you to sell items for more unless you want to sell everything for $1.25 in which case Blizzard takes 80% of profits.

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Robo

Kind of a while.

Very few people are spending cash on anything under 60 at this point, so you'd have to get to 60. Even then, the loot tables are fucked. Despite the fact that you have to be 60 to even get into inferno and you need a fair amount of decent ilvl 61-2 gear to actually progress beyond Act 1, you'll get a ton of ilvl 55-60 crap instead of anything actually useful.

You might be able to put up some of the nicer 55+ gear for a couple bucks here and there though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.