I never thought it would happen...

#1 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1670 posts) -

This morning I logged in to find my main character, a lvl 44 barbarian without any armor on, and on the first quest in act 1. When I jump into the game, I did in fact have everything GONE. I know other have had this issue, I've submitted a ticket, and now I wait. But, I wasn't really paying too close attention to this problem when it was coming about, does anyone know what's going on or how soon they'll restore my stuff?

#2 Posted by Binman88 (3689 posts) -

That sucks but you just have to contact Blizzard support and see what they can do. I've heard people have had better luck by phoning them directly, though you can be on hold for a very long time. If you haven't done so already, change your password and add an authenticator if possible.

#3 Posted by Turambar (6842 posts) -
@EarlessShrimp said:

This morning I logged in to find my main character, a lvl 44 barbarian without any armor on, and on the first quest in act 1. When I jump into the game, I did in fact have everything GONE. I know other have had this issue, I've submitted a ticket, and now I wait. But, I wasn't really paying too close attention to this problem when it was coming about, does anyone know what's going on or how soon they'll restore my stuff?

Your ticket will probably be responded to and dealt with first thing next buisness date.
#4 Posted by laserbolts (5340 posts) -

Wow that sucks dude. Like others have said give blizzard a call and make sure to get an authenticator. Well at least the dick that hacked you now has some bad karma.

#5 Edited by pweidman (2349 posts) -

That sucks duder. Blizz will reset your stuff from what I can gather, and relatively fast. Authenticators are sposed to help and the Blizz site has them for sale, physical and mobile(the app's free)and a lot of good info on all that on their site. Seems too easy for this to be this common already though. :(

#6 Posted by camwil (38 posts) -

Happened to me this morning too, after not playing for 2-3 days. Looks like more and more people are being compromised.

#7 Posted by Darko (115 posts) -

Happened to me a couple days ago. I contacted Blizzard and they were able to restore my character. It's bullshit that it happened at all, though. No security compromises my ass. Patrick, Get on this shit!

#8 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

*Happens a hundred times to other people, thinks it'll never happen*

I'm waiting to get Diablo III until i know Blizzard has the problem under control.

#9 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

Good luck.. if they don't get you your stuff back, I'd recommend asking for a refund if you bought the digital edition. A friend of mine had this happen, and he was so fed up he stated he didn't want his stuff back, he wanted his money back. They did it.

#10 Edited by jakob187 (21728 posts) -

My friend got hacked a couple of days ago. They just got his account rolled back yesterday, and he had everything back except his money and his chest piece.

Get an authenticator, pray that it helps, and welcome to Battle.net: the most insecure fucking place on the internet.

#11 Posted by MikkaQ (10329 posts) -

Looks like I'm going to have to get the authenticator app.

#12 Posted by StarvingGamer (8456 posts) -

Sucks.

Authenticator.

Do it!

#13 Posted by Bucketdeth (8040 posts) -

Like everyone else in here says, authenticator is what you need. My Wow account was hacked and as soon as I had it recovered I got an authenticator and have had no issues since.

#14 Edited by Fudge91 (200 posts) -

Same here, lost all my gold (250k) at least i still have all my items though... downloaded winauth and got a new password hopefully it wont happen again or diablo 3 will go in the recycle bin for a couple a months, till blizzard sorts its shit out.

#15 Posted by Anupsis (308 posts) -

This happened to my wow account a couple times. Blizzard was awesome and actually sent me an authenticator for free since it happened so many times. That just shows that even though stupid shit happens sometimes they actually care.

#16 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1670 posts) -

To all the folks recommending the authenticator, I signed up immediately after noticing all my stuff had gone! Honestly, it's my own silly fault, I thought I'd be okay. LET THIS BE A WARNING: Everyone, and I MEAN EVERYONE, should get the authenticator. Thanks for all the well wishes folks, it gave me an excuse to play some of the other games I've been neglecting, at least!

#17 Posted by Cataphract1014 (1316 posts) -

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

I'm waiting to get Diablo III until i know Blizzard has the problem under control.

There is nothing Blizzard can do to stop their customers from getting keylogged if they don't use an authenticator.

#18 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

@Cataphract1014 said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

There is nothing Blizzard can do to stop their customers from getting keylogged if they don't use an authenticator.

Well, i guess that sucks for me. *looks at wrist watch, awaits Wasteland 2*

#19 Posted by Subjugation (4728 posts) -

That's a bummer man. I bought an authenticator around a year and a half ago back when I played wow just to protect all the time I had invested into my raiding characters and I've never had an issue. I also practice really safe browsing habits and don't tell anyone anything about my info. Good luck getting your situation resolved.

#20 Edited by valrog (3671 posts) -

Does anyone here use the Battle.net SMS Protect service? If so, does it help with the account security (It says that you will receive an SMS if they detect suspicious activity)?

#21 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

You don't need to buy authenticators. Just use the phone ones.

#22 Posted by Toxeia (730 posts) -

So this is another case of authenticator too late?

It seems like with the news that's been going around people would at least put an authenticator on them. Sorry you lost your gear. If you hit me up on D3 I'll kill stuff for you. Get my battle tag out of the D3 battletag swap thread.

#23 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Damn, that sucks. This whole launch has made me glad to wait to pick it up.

#24 Posted by JCGamer (666 posts) -

Well, you guys conviced me. Got the iPhone app and attached it to my account.

#25 Posted by buft (3321 posts) -

@EarlessShrimp said:

To all the folks recommending the authenticator, I signed up immediately after noticing all my stuff had gone! Honestly, it's my own silly fault, I thought I'd be okay. LET THIS BE A WARNING: Everyone, and I MEAN EVERYONE, should get the authenticator. Thanks for all the well wishes folks, it gave me an excuse to play some of the other games I've been neglecting, at least!

good to hear, i had my wow account hacked after sharing my password with a friend who had his machine riddled with viruses, got the authenticator and though they have persisted in trying to scam me i have never been compromised since. I hope you continue to enjoy diablo

#26 Posted by Mesklinite (809 posts) -

get an authenticator.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.