Im a level 29 demon hunter. Do I re roll after patch?

#1 Posted by Raven_Sword (3438 posts) -

Im rather upset right now. According to my friends, after today's patch I should just re-roll to something else like a wizard or barbarian. Really, this makes me sad because I liked my demon hunter quite a bit. Is it really bad enough that I should just retool something else? If so, what class?

#2 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2450 posts) -

You don't need to reroll. Your friends sound like they overreact a lot.

#3 Posted by ThatFrood (3373 posts) -

Yeah, there will never be another patch, none of the other classes will ever be tweaked.

#4 Posted by The_Tolman (429 posts) -

Yeah that seems just a little ridiculous. Play for a bit see if anything is really different and decide for yourself.

#5 Posted by buft (3300 posts) -

no need, Tentacles are strong but not essential to every build and they will still be pretty good after patch just not as good

#6 Posted by Ktargo (100 posts) -

They're overreacting. I'm playing a Demon Hunter, farming Inferno Act 3 and doing just fine. They nerfed a couple things that don't even effect you at that level and are pretty easy to fix at higher levels.

#7 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -

Nope. Don't reroll. A good alternative to Nether Tentacles is Elemental Arrow with Frost rune and Cull the Weak as a passive. I'm more saddened by my DPS going down by 400 because of the Attack Speed nerf.

#8 Posted by stinky (1543 posts) -

more mad about the repair costs than any nerfing, its ridiculous.

went from 7k to 25k and i die a lot in inferno.

#9 Edited by EXTomar (4444 posts) -

stinky is correct. The DH nerfs aren't the major game changing issue here where instead it is repair costs. It did seem kind of ridiculous that repair costs were so low I wondered why they had them beyond forcing you to TP occasionally but I wonder boosted this to get handle on inflation in the auction houses.

#10 Posted by Marz (5641 posts) -

Tentacles was bugged anyways, it wasn't supposed ot hit a target multiple times or they would have made it like ball lightning which hits the target 2 times for 75% weapon damage each tick.

#11 Posted by stinky (1543 posts) -

@EXTomar said:

I wonder if they are trying to get a handle on inflation in the auction houses.

they said it was about people rezzing again and again during boss battles, and to make that not a viable strategy. seems like there are better ways to solve that though.

as for inflation, you could be right. but not sure why they would care to this extent. as what it does is make the money grind take longer. they have my $60, they don't need to hold me like an MMO does with their monthly fees.

the bad part is it makes me think of going to the real money AH. i don't want to grind lower levels to help pay repair costs. its not fun.

#12 Posted by EXTomar (4444 posts) -

That explanation from Blizzard does feel a little dubious since the "res timer" gets progressively harsher each death where you have to go back to town to repair at some point too. I've never "capped it" but there were hard fights where multiple players would be looking at 30+ second waits just to appear at the last check point let alone get back to the champ/boss.

#14 Posted by Heylook (235 posts) -

@Raven_Sword: do what you want, just keep in mind what happened to the DH will happen to every other class in time. over and over.

#15 Posted by StarvingGamer (7899 posts) -

DH is still brokenly good. Fear Arrows FTW.

#16 Posted by Irvandus (2774 posts) -

@ThatFrood said:

Yeah, there will never be another patch, none of the other classes will ever be tweaked.
#17 Posted by Talksin (39 posts) -

@SoothsayerGB said:

I recommend that you stop playing video games that are constantly being evaluated and improved upon, if you can't trust in the developers...

Play which ever class you enjoy playing!

That is some of the best advice I have ever fucking seen on a forum. God bless.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.