Inferno? More like InfernBLOW. Get it?

#1 Posted by WMWA (1162 posts) -

Okay, dumb topic name out of the way (I had to), how hard do you hate Inferno mode? Started having trouble in hell with my barb, so i changed around my skills and focused on vit/all resistances way more than strength and changed my skill build to this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bgXVkY!bXV!cYYcbZ. Ended up soloing through Hell with barely anything giving me trouble. Now inferno just seems broken, i have to run past every champion mob, and a lot of normal character mobs. Judging from looking at the Blizz forums, this is a common complaint. My question is: Why did Blizzard make it this way? Wizards and Demon Hunters can finish it like a normal, albeit super careful, playthrough; so why make melee a broken experience? Just seems like laziness and a mar on an otherwise sublime playing experience for me thus far. I'm going back and playing Hell with my friends for now, but I've heard Blizz will be adressing this with a patch. What can they do, though? Seems like if they make it easier, wizards/DH's will just roll through it easier. If they nerf them, then they'll have a lot of angry people. What are your thoughts/experiences on/in Inferno difficulty and what do you think Blizz will do to address it?

And here's my dude. ^___^

#2 Posted by MannyCalavera (105 posts) -

I don't know, i'm still on nightmare, but i've seen some guys on Twitch.tv playing Inferno with a barbarian and they are badass. But i've also seen a DH with 130k dps killing champions very easily. I think Blizzard said that for Inferno, they asked their playtesters if Hell was difficult, and they just made Inferno 2 or 3 times more difficult, or something like that. Either i read that somewhere or i dreamt it.

#3 Posted by Marz (5652 posts) -

@MannyCalavera said:

I don't know, i'm still on nightmare, but i've seen some guys on Twitch.tv playing Inferno with a barbarian and they are badass. But i've also seen a DH with 130k dps killing champions very easily. I think Blizzard said that for Inferno, they asked their playtesters if Hell was difficult, and they just made Inferno 2 or 3 times more difficult, or something like that. Either i read that somewhere or i dreamt it.

no i read that too, they intentionally made it a few times harder than what their QA department could handle as they know there will be some players who are the hardest of the hardcore who like to torture themselves over and over again.

#4 Posted by Rittsy (77 posts) -

I wouldn't worry too much about things like this in the long run. A lot of Blizzard's games change over time based on player feedback (look at Diablo 2). Give it a couple of months and Inferno should play how you'd imagine it to play.

#5 Posted by Giefcookie (600 posts) -

As a wizard I'm currently farming Act I Inferno so I can progress further into act II. I do agree that the leap from Hell to Inferno is just crazy, but it all just comes down to gear. Especially for the melee classes who cant just kite champion packs around an entire dungeon.

The difference between people who have cleared Inferno and who haven't is a massive amount of gear, either gained through 100hours of playtime or getting an early economic lead with farming spots that have since been nerfed. There is the argument of "Hey, you havent killed every single possible configuration of champion so you havent cleared Inferno", but I'd consider a barbarian killing the last boss of Act IV with 5 stacks of Valour to be a clear.

#6 Posted by buft (3317 posts) -

Started working through act 1 earlier today, my barb isnt the best geared in the world 35k health with 9k dps and 9% damage to life with part of most of my skills being ones that give life back including the ever useful ignore pain with 20% damage to life rune, im finding certain rare mob combos mobs very difficult but others are no problem, i have a buddy who is a witch doctor who has similar issues but with different combinations.

#7 Posted by ajamafalous (11994 posts) -

It's all about gear. Dudes like Kripp are just insanely geared so it looks easy. 

@buft said:

Started working through act 1 earlier today, my barb isnt the best geared in the world 35k health with 9k dps and 9% damage to life with part of most of my skills being ones that give life back including the ever useful ignore pain with 20% damage to life rune, im finding certain rare mob combos mobs very difficult but others are no problem, i have a buddy who is a witch doctor who has similar issues but with different combinations.

Hate to break it to you bro but % life steal is reduced by 80% in Inferno (i.e. if you have 1% life steal, in Inferno you're actually only healing for .2% of damage done). What you want is + life per hit.
#8 Posted by buft (3317 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

It's all about gear. Dudes like Kripp are just insanely geared so it looks easy.

@buft said:

Hate to break it to you bro but % life steal is reduced by 80% in Inferno (i.e. if you have 1% life steal, in Inferno you're actually only healing for .2% of damage done). What you want is + life per hit.

whats the reasoning behind that? damage getting super high at 60 or something to that effect, appreciate the info anyway, im still in all hell stuff, not even a single useful blue in my 30-40 minutes, i'll be sure to keep that in mind when picking new gear though

#9 Posted by ajamafalous (11994 posts) -
@buft said:

@ajamafalous said:

@buft said:

whats the reasoning behind that? damage getting super high at 60 or something to that effect, appreciate the info anyway, im still in all hell stuff, not even a single useful blue in my 30-40 minutes, i'll be sure to keep that in mind when picking new gear though

Dunno the reasoning (since it basically means % life steal is worthless), but here's a relevant video:

#10 Posted by Turambar (6784 posts) -

Blizzard already stated they are going adjust difficulty for inferno after they finish adjusting some absurdly broken skills and runes like force armor, smoke screen, and arcane dynamo.  The aforementioned three have already been somewhat fixed, but I expect them to fix some others like a DH's ability to perma stun anything with impale.

#11 Posted by YI_Orange (1148 posts) -

I went through act 1 inferno with 2 friends(demon hunter and witch doctor) the other night on my barbarian and had a great time. The DH had already been through it so it was more a farming run for him, but we kept 5 stacks of valor pretty much the entire time so we all got a hefty amount of rares and me and the WD got a decent amount of upgrades. Soloing inferno seems like a miserable time, but it's fun to do it with people.

@buft: I dpsed my way through the other 3 difficulties and am switching to tanking for Inferno. I actually find ignore pain to be increasingly less useful. 30 second CD is too much. I dropped it for furious charge with the dreadnought rune. Tanky is definitely the way to go. After one run I can now tank Act 1 fairly well. I'm up to 53kish health, I wanna say 7000 armor with war cry up, and over 100 in all resistances(with the impunity rune). Add in revenge and furious charge and I can be damn tough to kill, even for some of the bullshit packs. Though, some kiting and smart use of ground stomp is necessary. My damage isn't the best, but I can take down enemies eventually. The smite rune on frenzy is amazing for anything not a boss. Peel off on an elite and keep it stunlocked while allies kite the other 2 around. Especially useful on something like fire chains.

#12 Posted by DeviantJoker (398 posts) -

Difficulty wise, on a scale of 1 - 10, I'd say... Normal (1), Nightmare (2), Hell (4) and Inferno (10). Act I of Inferno, Trash still felt like Trash but some Elite affixes were really running my Monk down. Invulnerable, Fast, Molten, Plagued, Vortex.. all this in some terrible combo really made me just skip some champs. Act II... now the Trash is just being brutal, too. I'm busy farming Act I Inferno happily. If anyone on GB feels like slayin' Champs/Elites in Act I and grabbing up some Yellows/Legendaries (seem to get MUCH better stuff in public groups than solo), let me know -- DeviantT#1473

#13 Edited by WMWA (1162 posts) -

@buft one is doable. There's just this weird bump of difficulty in act 2 that's orders of magnitude harder than 1. It's real weird

#14 Posted by laserbolts (5322 posts) -

@wmaustin55 said:

@buft one is doable. There's just this weird bump of difficulty in act 2 that's orders of magnitude harder than 1. It's real weird

I have heard about this. Hopefully there is something that can be done on blizzard's end to make this more doable. Seems like you need best in slot gear to make it through this stuff on inferno. Maybe Blizzard designed it this way to encourage auction house use.

#15 Posted by ajamafalous (11994 posts) -
@YI_Orange said:

I went through act 1 inferno with 2 friends(demon hunter and witch doctor) the other night on my barbarian and had a great time. The DH had already been through it so it was more a farming run for him, but we kept 5 stacks of valor pretty much the entire time so we all got a hefty amount of rares and me and the WD got a decent amount of upgrades. Soloing inferno seems like a miserable time, but it's fun to do it with people.

@buft: I dpsed my way through the other 3 difficulties and am switching to tanking for Inferno. I actually find ignore pain to be increasingly less useful. 30 second CD is too much. I dropped it for furious charge with the dreadnought rune. Tanky is definitely the way to go. After one run I can now tank Act 1 fairly well. I'm up to 53kish health, I wanna say 7000 armor with war cry up, and over 100 in all resistances(with the impunity rune). Add in revenge and furious charge and I can be damn tough to kill, even for some of the bullshit packs. Though, some kiting and smart use of ground stomp is necessary. My damage isn't the best, but I can take down enemies eventually. The smite rune on frenzy is amazing for anything not a boss. Peel off on an elite and keep it stunlocked while allies kite the other 2 around. Especially useful on something like fire chains.

That's actually a very low amount of resist. You'll probably want to sacrifice some Vitality for Resist All if you can.
#16 Posted by DystopiaX (5310 posts) -

Inferno is supposed to be wicked hard, so why the fuck are people complaining that the hard mode is too hard? seems ridiculous to me.

#17 Posted by ajamafalous (11994 posts) -
@DystopiaX said:

Inferno is supposed to be wicked hard, so why the fuck are people complaining that the hard mode is too hard? seems ridiculous to me.

It's the part where it's simply a ridiculously steep gearcheck. For instance, on my Barb, I can kill every enemy in Act I without skipping any champions and kill the Butcher with five stacks of Nephalem in a little over a minute, but I can't even make it past the normal enemies in Act II. My gear's not bad either. Something like 40k health, 8200 Armor, 600 Resist, and 13.2k DPS. It would be different if Act I actually dropped the gear necessary to progress in Act II, but for some reason gear lower than 60 can drop in Inferno. It's as if they just want you to farm gold in order to play the AH to progress.
#18 Posted by makari (597 posts) -

Needs more Resist All.

#19 Posted by DystopiaX (5310 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

@DystopiaX said:

It's the part where it's simply a ridiculously steep gearcheck. For instance, on my Barb, I can kill every enemy in Act I without skipping any champions and kill the Butcher with five stacks of Nephalem in a little over a minute, but I can't even make it past the normal enemies in Act II. My gear's not bad either. Something like 40k health, 8200 Armor, 600 Resist, and 13.2k DPS. It would be different if Act I actually dropped the gear necessary to progress in Act II, but for some reason gear lower than 60 can drop in Inferno. It's as if they just want you to farm gold in order to play the AH to progress.

I remember seeing someone on the official forums bitching about this. They got a response from Blizz, which was essentially that they want you to grind cause that's what Diablo's about.

#20 Posted by ichthy (513 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

@DystopiaX said:

It's still theoretically possible to get the gear you need to progress through Act 2 from Act 1, but by the time you get it you've probably farmed enough gold to buy all the pieces from the AH. At the current difficulty, I don't think there's any way you can obtain enough gear to comfortably deal with Act 4. So for the time being, farming Act 1 until that inevitably difficulty nerf.

#21 Posted by avidwriter (667 posts) -

I don't like a lot of what they did with D3. D2 will forever by my favorite Blizzard and Diablo game. D3 for me, does not exist.

#22 Posted by ajamafalous (11994 posts) -
@ichthy said:

@ajamafalous said:

@DystopiaX said:

It's still theoretically possible to get the gear you need to progress through Act 2 from Act 1, but by the time you get it you've probably farmed enough gold to buy all the pieces from the AH. At the current difficulty, I don't think there's any way you can obtain enough gear to comfortably deal with Act 4. So for the time being, farming Act 1 until that inevitably difficulty nerf.

Yeah, that's pretty much the issue. I've been farming Act I for about 8-10 hours of game time now (and we're not talking slow pulls here) and the only upgrade I have to show for it is the rare 60 shoulders I found on my very first run through A1 Inferno for progression. In that same amount of time I've probably farmed close to two million gold. That may sound like a lot, but any meaningful upgrades for my gear at this point all cost over a million. It's quickly souring me on the game (along with a host of other design choices).
#23 Posted by YI_Orange (1148 posts) -

@ajamafalous: Yeah, I know, like I said, just started worrying about survivability stats.

Also, farm with people. As long as no one drops their valor stacks it's going to greatly increase your chance of getting drops(assuming you run with people who aren't greedy). And get a magic find set you can swap in for resplendant chests or right before you finish off an elite pack or something.

#24 Posted by Binman88 (3687 posts) -

@YI_Orange said:

@ajamafalous: Yeah, I know, like I said, just started worrying about survivability stats.

Also, farm with people. As long as no one drops their valor stacks it's going to greatly increase your chance of getting drops(assuming you run with people who aren't greedy). And get a magic find set you can swap in for resplendant chests or right before you finish off an elite pack or something.

This might be a dumb question, but if I open a chest while playing with people online, does the chest open for them as well (with their own loot drops obviously) or do they have to open it themselves? If it opens for everyone, does my magic find influence what drops for them from the chest or is it only based on theirs, despite me opening it?

#25 Posted by NaDannMaGoGo (338 posts) -

^

It opens for everyone and the drops always depends on every players own magic find.

@topic

Just another one of those disguised "too hard" threads. Yes maybe the difficulty mechanics aren't fair in your opinion and they could certainly be better etc. pp.

But in the end it seems to come down to "I just want to play some of act 1 and continue to act 2. But well, Inferno is supposed to be a long and hard challenge to master. This is somewhat the end game, you aren't supposed to just race through it.

I'm stuck in Act 2 myself with my Barbarian, but would I want to have finished Act 4 by now? Not really.

If you don't want to grind some gear - just don't. You don't have to play through inferno.

#26 Posted by YI_Orange (1148 posts) -

@Binman88 said:

@YI_Orange said:

This might be a dumb question, but if I open a chest while playing with people online, does the chest open for them as well (with their own loot drops obviously) or do they have to open it themselves? If it opens for everyone, does my magic find influence what drops for them from the chest or is it only based on theirs, despite me opening it?

The chest will open for everyone. A quick search only found one result, with people saying that if you're in a party it averages the magic find for everyone. A couple people claim this is no longer the case, so I don't know what's true. Averaging seems like an ok assumption. I had something like 87% with 5 stacks of valor, and one of the guys I was running with had something like 200. He didn't seem to be getting significantly(or any) more/better drops.

If you're soloing I saw that you only get 20% of your follower's magic find.

#27 Posted by owack6 (216 posts) -

Magic find is an average between your group so the more everyone has the better.

And my friend tested this, you basically get more from the stats on loot when you have a lot of magic find.

#28 Posted by Giefcookie (600 posts) -

@NaDannMaGoGo: But there is a difference between "Mastering" something difficult and just not having the gear to do it. Thats the biggest bummer when it comes to inferno. But I guess Diablo doesnt really lend it self to making something difficult beyond stats.

Biggest problem I have with the difficulty curve is the fact that bosses don't change at all beyond having more health and doing more damage. That kind of scaling would be fine going from Normal to Nightmare, but in Hell and Inferno I'd hoped to see new abilities or even just adds in the fights. Make it harder without making it random like the 4affix rare packs. Though I do think "Arcane Extra health Frozen Jailor Belial" would be hilarious to watch.

#29 Posted by kollay (1929 posts) -

I've been stuck at like the first checkpoint quest in Act II on my WD. I'm currently farming Act I elites and SK with full Nephalem Valor buffs u____u.

#30 Posted by Binman88 (3687 posts) -

@YI_Orange: @owack6: Cool, thanks guys.

#31 Posted by Jayzilla (2561 posts) -

I just got off the phone with Borderlands. They say they know how to distribute gear properly. I was nodding my head the whole time Borderlands was talking.

#32 Posted by Panpipe (474 posts) -

Did you want to finish D3 in one week or something?

#33 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

I like that they made inferno borderline impossible. That is the whole point.

#34 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

I'm running through Act I on Inferno with my Demon Hunter over and over, because Act II feels impossible whenever I attempt it. I'm not having any luck with drops and after wasting my 800k gold on an amulet and two rings that ended up being worse than the ones I already use (I feel so bad over this, they were so overpriced) I feel like my only choice at this point is to continue grinding Act I on Inferno, which in itself isn't exactly easy. Most champion packs, elites or rares I have to kite around for a long time, if I can kill them at all. The fact that they regenerate health so fast and eventually gain a buff that kills me in seconds if I take too long to kill them feels incredibly cheap, as if they weren't difficult enough to kill already.

Current stats if anyone is interested:

Defense:

• - 30k health
  • - Approximately 56% damage reduction against all schools, including physical (that's between 370-420 resist all),
  • - 43% damage reduction from armor
  • - 32% dodge.

Offense:

• - 14k DPS before the critical hit passive starts ticking (3% chance to crit every second, resets when crit occurs). That means standing still and not shooting, on paper, I do 21k DPS, which feels like an illusion.
  • - 2.4 attacks per second
  • +200 life per hit

Build:

• http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aQPXVT!YTg!YYcabZ - Smoke Screen and Preparation feel like two must have skills in order to survive anything on Inferno. Things have gotten a lot more difficult since they halved the duration of Smoke Screen, even if the tooltip doesn't reflect that yet. I switched the increased duration rune for movement speed since half a second extra duration on Smoke Screen doesn't make much of a difference at all.

Screenshot to show off:

@wmaustin55 said:

Wizards and Demon Hunters can finish it like a normal, albeit super careful, playthrough [...]. Seems like if they make it easier, wizards/DH's will just roll through it easier.

This is just not true at all. Read my comments above!

I feel like Inferno needs to be adjusted slightly. I understand that it's supposed to be difficult, and it is - but often it just feels so incredibly cheap.

#35 Posted by S0ndor (2716 posts) -

This sounds like classic Blizzard. In Diablo II all but a few builds were completely useless against the majority of Hell enemies. Characters focusing on fire damage wouldn't even be able to clear Nightmare.

#36 Edited by Trilogy (2654 posts) -

Inferno is just really rough on melee at the moment if you don't have a shit ton of resist gear. Even then, as a barb, you have to play a style that I don't enjoy much. I absolutely loved the shit out of my barb from normal through nightmare. It was when I hit hell and realized I was better off going tank that I started to lose interest in the class. Now that I'm in inferno the problem is even more severe. I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't get wrecked by certain enemy affixes. I love the challenge still so I don't know that I want a nerf. All I know is that the farther I progressed on my Barb, the less range of options I had to play around with in terms of skill combination and play style.

I'm leveling a demon hunter and a wizard right now to see which I like better. I'm loving both but the DH seems to be more my sense of style.

#37 Posted by StarvingGamer (8238 posts) -

@Galiant: Multishot? Cluster Arrow!? NO Snare!?!?

Your loadout seems crazy to me.

Also I'd suggest Elemental Arrow + Nether Tentacles if you're having DPS problems against Champion/Unique packs. It will actually hit larger monsters twice if they're snared for 310% damage at the low cost of only 10 Hatred. My DPS without Sharpshooter is only at 13.6k but I have never had a pack Enrage on me. I didn't even know they COULD Enrage until my friend told me on Friday.

#38 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@Galiant:

Ever tried Shadow Power & Gloom Rune (-65% DMG from enemies & 20% of DMG as heal for 3sec) plus Numbing Traps (Passive -25% Dmg from enemies hit by a trap for 3sec)? You can go toe to toe against Act II foes for as long as you have discipline, so about 15 seconds or so of full-on bursting.

That said, my build is focused on max burst damage with 200+% crit dmg - utilitzing a slow firing and consistent crossbow maxing the highest weapondamage modifier skills (Bola Shot & Spike Trap & Impale) - Impale and Spike Trap already crit for over 100k consistently, going into combat with 100% crit for one second, I almost kill some act II elites before they even engage me.

That said, rather than doing the Act II slog with my DH, I prefer leveling a Barbarian at the moment, since Act II Inferno and beyond is no fun to me - I'll tackle it once Blizzard balances it to be a little more fun. Currently it's like eating really bland food with a shit hand (hand used to wipe ass, when out of toilet paper). No thanks.

This build works quite well for Act II, it's capable of killing most elite packs, if you don't mind dying a couple of times to them. I like fun, so I stay the hell away.

#39 Posted by ajamafalous (11994 posts) -
@YI_Orange said:

@Binman88 said:

@YI_Orange said:

The chest will open for everyone. A quick search only found one result, with people saying that if you're in a party it averages the magic find for everyone. A couple people claim this is no longer the case, so I don't know what's true. Averaging seems like an ok assumption. I had something like 87% with 5 stacks of valor, and one of the guys I was running with had something like 200. He didn't seem to be getting significantly(or any) more/better drops.

If you're soloing I saw that you only get 20% of your follower's magic find.

To elaborate on this (YI_Orange is mostly right): 
  •  Everyone rolls for loot individually
  • The groups Magic Find is an average of all of the players' magic find
  • If you're playing solo, you gain 20% of any Magic Find that your follower has
  • Each stack of Nephalem Valor guarantees you another drop from any boss you kill (boss being Leoric, the spider, Jailer/Warden guy, Butcher, etc)
I'm unsure about this, but it seems like it might be the case that any MF from Nephalem Valor doesn't propagate to other people in the party. I ran a bunch of my friends through hell when I was 60 and they were not and I seemed to be getting significantly more rares and higher gold stacks than they were. Again, this is only anecdotal though, so I'm not going to include it in the bulleted list above.

@owack6 said:

And my friend tested this, you basically get more from the stats on loot when you have a lot of magic find.

That isn't the case unless they've changed the way Magic Find works from Diablo II. I believe Blizzard has said they were going to release that information, so we'll just have to wait and see, I guess.
#40 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

@StarvingGamer said:

@Galiant: Multishot? Cluster Arrow!? NO Snare!?!?

Your loadout seems crazy to me.

Also I'd suggest Elemental Arrow + Nether Tentacles if you're having DPS problems against Champion/Unique packs. It will actually hit larger monsters twice if they're snared for 310% damage at the low cost of only 10 Hatred. My DPS without Sharpshooter is only at 13.6k but I have never had a pack Enrage on me. I didn't even know they COULD Enrage until my friend told me on Friday.

I used to be all about slows and snares, but it felt useless when I entered Inferno. Especially if you run into a "fast" champion/rare/elite.

#41 Posted by TooWalrus (13197 posts) -

I'm so glad I'm reading threads like this rather than the "THIS GAME IS WAY TOO EASY" type.

#42 Posted by Ares42 (2663 posts) -

I don't really find it that difficult, just boring. Like most other people I'm not quite able to do Act 2 yet (although I'm getting there), but the only thing that really holds me back is numbers. It's not that I'm bad, I just don't have the numbers. The thing that I find that has sorta broken the game the most though is the AH. The early investors that made a ton on selling crafting mats/gems/pages etc are completely dominating the end-game gear market and are keeping the prices inflated. It has basically become a game of "you're not progressing until you get that one lucky drop that some rich guy will buy for millions" then you can finally invest in some good gear and get past the hump to where you're finally part of the "End-game Club" and can farm and sell the same price-inflated gear. This will ofc change over time as more and more people manage to pass the hump, but at the moment it's very much about finding that golden ticket.

#43 Posted by jakob187 (21670 posts) -

1. You are in T11/12 level gear. You need more armor and more all resist. To give you an idea, having around 350-400 resist on at least your fire, arcane, and cold resists will make Act 1 Inferno a bit of a chump run. I would also suggest getting somewhere around 6k-7k armor. My overall damage is around 6.5k with 500 in thorns. I am able to kill Butcher on Inferno before his enrage timer with relatively no problems (all depends on that damn fire).

2. My build looks like this, but then again, I sword and board as a Barbarian that focuses on taking ALL of the damage in co-ops as well, along with a heavy focus on thorns in my armor as well as armor/vit/all resist. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WSRVkP!bVe!ccbccZ

3. Demon Hunters and Wizards still have a rough time. My friend is a wizard, and Act 2 is fucking him up bad. This is just the way Diablo works: the highest difficulty is not for everyone, but instead it is a high-risk high-reward place to go. Demon Hunters and Wizards seriously have to either play RIDICULOUSLY careful or they will get stomped just as hard as anyone else.

Meanwhile, you need to realize what the role of a BARBARIAN is, as it's not the same as a warrior or fighter. Barbarians traditionally focus on having a ton of resistances and hitting like fucking trucks. Unfortunately, a lot of our resistance comes directly from gear, whereas other classes (like monks and wizard) get great steroids in passives and such that offer them some strong resistances. Personally, I feel like One With Everything should not be a monk skill, but instead a Barbarian skill. Meanwhile, Monks should have the 50% resistances increase that Barbarians get from War Cry. Then again, I'm looking at that from almost a purely lore-based aspect in the "History of Barbarians" way.

4. Auction House is your friend...when it's working.

#44 Posted by StarvingGamer (8238 posts) -

@Galiant: Yeah, snares aren't great against Fast mobs but that's why my Caltrops is runed for Torturous Ground (2 second immobilize), also handy against teleport. Against everything else, though, snares make kiting so much easier and allow me to spend more time focused on DPS and less time focused on running away.

Everything on Inferno is a OHKO unless you're stacking crazy amounts of Vit/Armor/Resist so I'd much rather go all-in on DPS and just never get hit by anything. It's not easy but it's easier than grinding forever for survivability gear.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.