Is anyone else getting the Collector's Edition?

• 66 results
#1 Posted by emem (1965 posts) -

I usually don't buy collector's editions, but the Diablo 3 CE has the most beautiful box art I've ever seen:

Does anyone share my opinion or am I crazy? :)

#2 Posted by LLJK_Jasta (292 posts) -

The box is beautiful but why I really want it is all the stuff inside. The Diablo head with the soul stone USB stick is so rad!

#3 Posted by DougQuaid (1274 posts) -

How much, $120?

Seems very similar to the StarCraft 2 CE, which was a pretty fucking dope package.

#4 Posted by Qdor (70 posts) -

I've gotten every Blizzard CE starting with The Burning Crusade, and I won't be stopping now. Really high quality packaging and enough goodies to totally make it worth the price of admission!

#5 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

Looks pretty good.

#6 Edited by Wuddel (2092 posts) -

Whats in it. I only have the burning crusade CE (my only one) an that was nice. I am a sucker for art books.

#7 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

I bought the SC2 one so why not have 2 boxes sitting in my room?!?

#8 Posted by emem (1965 posts) -

@Wuddel:

#9 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7615 posts) -

@Wuddel said:

Whats in it. I only have the burning crusade CE (my only one) an that was nice. I am a sucker for art books.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/services/collectors-edition/

I've stopped caring much for CE's, they tend to be very expensive and usually don't come close to offering content that makes it worth it.. Skyrim and Old Republic are perfect examples of this.

This one is a little better though, and judging my Blizzards last few CE's, it won't be crazy expensive. I do really like the idea of the wings and special armour dye.. Little ingame things that aren't a big deal for those who miss out, but special enough to be meaningful a few years down the road.

#10 Posted by Chadwick (51 posts) -

I'm waiting to find out if those armor dyes are a potential money maker when taking into account the ability to sell characters. That might persuade me to pay extra. I really hope that they're bound to your account, though.

#11 Posted by lord_canti (1509 posts) -

i would love to just hope i can get enough money when it comes out, that white box looks pritty nice

#12 Posted by Winternet (8015 posts) -

That box looks appealing as shit.

#13 Posted by emergency (1193 posts) -

Yeah, I picked up the cataclysm CE for around £25 a few months after it was released. I'm not sure yet whether I'll get this. It's got some good stuff, but honestly the soulstone USB and diablo skull... meh! I would have liked the classic figurine of tyrael or something, I guess blizzcon had that covered.

#14 Posted by uniform (1835 posts) -

Sure, why not. I own all the WoW CEs. I love the choice of what appears to be ivory coloring. Unexpected, and quite nifty looking.

#15 Posted by PrioritySeven (322 posts) -

Blizzard has had me hooked on their CEs since vanilla WoW...I guess it's too late to stop buying them now.

#16 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Damn that looks hot. 

I've never played a Diablo game so I might buy it post-release.. And if I do, it'll be the regular ed.

#17 Posted by MikkaQ (10284 posts) -

That's cool looking, but doesn't leap out at me as the best of all time.

I might grab this if enough friends play it. But the normal people edition.

#18 Posted by Slither_Maggot (223 posts) -

Yup. Already dropped cash on a pre-order.

#19 Posted by RobertOrri (1121 posts) -

Christ... I probably will, you know.

#20 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Welp, just ordered it.

#21 Posted by ichthy (498 posts) -

Just pre-ordered it. I must admit though, the Diablo skull being the cap for the USB key is kinda silly.

#22 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

I'm just getting into PC gaming, and I'm not even sure my rig will play Diablo 3, but I'll echo everyone else's comment. That looks great.

#23 Posted by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

New Blizzard game? Collector's edition you say?

Already ordered, baby.

#24 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

I won't buy it, but goddamn that box looks fantastic.

#25 Posted by EVO (3895 posts) -

It's just the logo over a white background.

#26 Posted by Mnemoidian (955 posts) -

Store I usually buy from already has filled their Collector's Edition pre-orders - hoping they get some more... I've bought all Blizzard Collector's Edition's since Burning Crusade (and regretting that I didn't get the Classic one).

Though, already got my "free diablo 3" (well, it's applied to my b.net account) through the annual WoW-pass thing, I just want that stupid USB drive-holder sitting on my desk :P

#27 Posted by Nick (660 posts) -

I'm interested in only the artbook and maybe the soundtrack, not worth $40 in my opinion though.

#28 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

@emem: Oh wow, that looks epic.

#29 Posted by LocoRocker (211 posts) -

excited as hell about diablo 3 but don't really see anything worth the extra bucks in the CE package - barebones for me.

#30 Posted by HellBrendy (994 posts) -

Depends on the price. Not that keen on the game, but I do like a good collector's edition.

#31 Posted by Knetic2341 (243 posts) -

I really really want to. I love WoW and always wanted one of those sexy boxes but... sadly I probably won't.

#32 Posted by Briggs713 (216 posts) -

Yup ordered it two days ago.

#33 Posted by maxB (311 posts) -

nice package i might get it even though I will get diablo for free with 1 year of WoW

#34 Posted by maxB (311 posts) -

@ichthy: The USB is a soulstone, the Skull is just a statuette

#35 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

I want to just give Blizzard all my money and let them mail me cool stuff once in awhile.

But since I have bills and I like to eat food once in awhile, I'm probably going to pass on this admittedly sweet collector's edition.

#36 Edited by emem (1965 posts) -

@HellBrendy said:

Depends on the price. Not that keen on the game, but I do like a good collector's edition.

Hm why would you want a CE of a game that you are "not that keen on"? And it looks like it will cost around 100 bucks, but I would expect a little bit more.

#37 Posted by HellBrendy (994 posts) -

@emem: Because, as the name suggest, it's an edition for collectors. And I am a collector. Just this last month I have bought Killzone 3 Helghast Edition (found it dirt cheap on a GameStop), Resistance 3 Survivor Edition (bought on impulse, expensive but probably the best one I have at the moment (all though I value the God of War 3 european media edition more, because it's unobtainable for most - I won it through a gamesite.) and Batman Arkham City CE.

#38 Posted by DougQuaid (1274 posts) -

Amazon is listing this at $99. Has this been confirmed?

#39 Posted by Gav47 (1542 posts) -

No I have not but only because Amazom.co.uk don't have it up yet. It looks great, in fact most Blizzard CEs do, the SC2 package was really great with the art book In particular being super rad.

#40 Posted by emem (1965 posts) -

@HellBrendy: I see, so what do you do with them? Some collectors don't even open up their "stuff", do you play the games or do they just sit there and look pretty?

#41 Posted by Sanity (1901 posts) -

I might, will decided closer to release.

#42 Posted by HellBrendy (994 posts) -

@emem: I play them, games I know I won't touch doesn't get bought, but games I might enjoy does, unless it's really expensive or I got a lot of games to play right then.

As for the possible value drop of opening them, I don't care. It's games, not diamonds and they'll probably never be worth anything, and even if they do I'll either be dead by then or still keen on owning them. I own them to show them off (I need more space). Right now, I'm waiting for the Uncharted 3 Explorer Edition, Saints Row: The Third CE and Metal Gear Solid HD Remake Zavvi.com exclusive (4000 copies of it on world basis). Not that Zavvi.com is in it self a "wow!"-thing, but it did ship with an extra MGS game.

#43 Posted by emem (1965 posts) -

@HellBrendy: Hm okay, if I had the money to "waste" I'd probably buy a few more CEs as well. Skyrim looks like the coolest one this year, followed by Uncharted 3.

#44 Posted by Konig2540 (62 posts) -

Ships from Gamestop on February 1st, 2012!? Is that the official release date? I didn't even see it announced.

#45 Posted by emem (1965 posts) -

@Konig2540: I don't think there is an official release date yet, they are probably just guessing.

#46 Posted by DrMcKittrick (231 posts) -

preordered quite a few months ago.

#47 Posted by QKT (250 posts) -

would love this, any news of it coming to europe?

#48 Posted by Ubersmake (754 posts) -

I will be.

Really, I just want the art book.

Art books are one of my many weaknesses.

#49 Posted by shway (176 posts) -

the art book is a real book not a 5th graders art project which is nice. plus the extras of a blizz CE are always worth it

#50 Posted by BBQBram (2226 posts) -

BATTLE.NET PORTRAITS?!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.