Item slot question.

#1 Posted by Spiritgod (210 posts) -

I'm hoping I'm just missing something, but why are there level requirements for items that only have a gem slot to them? If you aren't restricted to what gem you can place in a slot then I see the level requirement pointless.

#2 Posted by Garfield518 (405 posts) -

Because the items Socketed Amulet and Socketed Ring are the two best items in the game.

Ever.

#3 Posted by Spiritgod (210 posts) -

@Garfield518: When an item as a socket and stats to go along with it then then I'd agree, but not when the item is nothing but a socket and sitting at level 50.

#4 Posted by AlisterCat (5712 posts) -

Arbitrary randomization.

#5 Posted by Karolis (282 posts) -

@Spiritgod: You're only getting drops that are the around the level of the monsters you're killing. The attributes of the items are going to reflect that, but any level item can have a socket. So if an item with only one property drops, it can be just a socket.

#6 Posted by Spiritgod (210 posts) -

@Lone_f: That's what I was assuming. I really was hoping for some hidden stats going on in the background...I know, wishful thinking. I just hate getting the same drops I was getting when my character was level 9 at level 56 is all.

#7 Posted by Grillbar (1897 posts) -

@Spiritgod said:

I'm hoping I'm just missing something, but why are there level requirements for items that only have a gem slot to them? If you aren't restricted to what gem you can place in a slot then I see the level requirement pointless.

this has properly already been answered. but you dont get socket items before your lvl 15 and i guess its cuz you can put a gem in to a helm that gives extra exp by % and not just extra by +x

#8 Edited by Quipido (654 posts) -

The only difference it makes when you salvage the item - it will give mats according to it's level.

#9 Posted by Tennmuerti (8172 posts) -

@Spiritgod said:

@Lone_f: That's what I was assuming. I really was hoping for some hidden stats going on in the background...I know, wishful thinking. I just hate getting the same drops I was getting when my character was level 9 at level 56 is all.

Well technically there are some hidden stats going on in the background.

You can notice your armor change a bit when equipping a high level ring compared to a low level ring.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.