Just bought D3 (digital download) now Battle.net down?

#1 Posted by Reale (263 posts) -

So I am in the EU (UK) and it has taken forever to download this game (after having my orders cancelled from Amazon and gamestation due to running out of stock) I decided to buy the Digital version at the cost of £45 (instead of my pre-order cost of originally £25 from pre-ordering this thing a year ago?) and now that I am installing I am unable to visit battle.net....

In short, is eu battle net down / battle net down for everyone? and is anyone playing Diablo III now?

#2 Posted by whyareyoucrouchingspock (975 posts) -

I was going to get a digital copy (UK as well).

£45 is just taking the piss though.

#3 Posted by Reale (263 posts) -

@whyareyoucrouchingspock: after the pre order and two places cancelling my copies, I went back to gamestation and they MAGICALLY had them in stock but the price went from £35 (pre-order price) to £40... add the postage of a few £ - I just caved and bought it online... I would rather have all my money go to Blizzard than to stupid UK game outlets that ultimately make me want to smash up their stores.

#4 Posted by Manloi (44 posts) -

Yeah, I felt sorry for you guys. I bought the collector edition. I really like the beta and it's one of the biggest PC of the year. It's kinda worth. However, the launching service is horrible. One thing strikes me the most is Blizzard have a lot of experience running WOW. I did not really expect that.

One thing, it stops me playing the game is the micro stuttering problem and lag. Many people in the community has it. I think they are busy fixing the server. Just wait a little and hope for the best.

#5 Posted by Pazy (2601 posts) -

I cant seen to connect either just now. Though technically its a Starter Account but that dosent matters, its more just so I can say that im unwilling to pay £45 either. The standard price for PC games is ~£30 so I wont support a 150% price increase which means I havent bought it yet, unless I can get it for around £30-35 I wont be getting it.

#6 Edited by whyareyoucrouchingspock (975 posts) -

@Pazy said:

I cant seen to connect either just now. Though technically its a Starter Account but that dosent matters, its more just so I can say that im unwilling to pay £45 either. The standard price for PC games is ~£30 so I wont support a 150% price increase which means I havent bought it yet, unless I can get it for around £30-35 I wont be getting it.

Sadly dude this is becoming more and more common practice. Fuckall to do with inflation or anything.

When they know they have a "hot" game that will sell loads e.g. Call Of Duty, Skyrim and Guild Wars 2 they try bump the price up for no other reason than "they can". The publishers specifically love to abuse steam. It's a case of "we want more money, so fuck you".

#7 Posted by Reale (263 posts) -

Price aside because I know its a joke but with retailers in the UK that dont sell PC games in there shops anymore (asda/tesco) they actually get Blizzard titles in and charge £45 as well... I also really enjoy owning physical copies of games too but I have put that aside for this as I just want to play it as soon as possible...

but now I am not even able to log in... I was there for launch day of WoW and even that was better than this.

#8 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -

yes their website appears to be down right now.

#9 Edited by AlexW00d (6449 posts) -

@whyareyoucrouchingspock said:

@Pazy said:

I cant seen to connect either just now. Though technically its a Starter Account but that dosent matters, its more just so I can say that im unwilling to pay £45 either. The standard price for PC games is ~£30 so I wont support a 150% price increase which means I havent bought it yet, unless I can get it for around £30-35 I wont be getting it.

Sadly dude this is becoming more and more common practice. Fuckall to do with inflation or anything.

When they know they have a "hot" game that will sell loads e.g. Call Of Duty, Skyrim and Guild Wars 2 they try bump the price up for no other reason than "they can". The publishers specifically love to abuse steam. It's a case of "we want more money, so fuck you".

Skyrim? That shit was £28 on launch. You need to learn to shop around buddy.

E: I say shop around, that was from Amazon anyway.

Online
#10 Edited by MasterTom (76 posts) -

all Blizzard sites seem to be down...

eu.battle.net - not responding

blizzard.com - not responding

wow-europe.com - not responding

#11 Posted by Venatio (4493 posts) -

Just played som Diablo 3, was working fine

Also digital download is comfortable but Blizzard games have such awesome retail packaging, I always buy boxed copies of their games

#12 Posted by Seanebaby (41 posts) -

I can't log in at the moment either...

#13 Posted by Reale (263 posts) -

well now I can start to sign into my account, it even connects to battle net servers but because I havent redeemed my game on battle.net site I cant get in game lol

#14 Edited by jonano (366 posts) -

yeah Man paid €60 last night for the digital version and it corrupted , now I'm downloading it again, it says the tracker is not responding and I can't access my account FOR FUCK SAKE AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Btw I'm from Ireland.

#15 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -

yeh the service seems to be down im already logged in and can still play but my coop partner is locked out

#16 Posted by ajkent (36 posts) -

I came here just to see if anyone else was having the same problems. I'm impressed that their entire website is down at this point...It was working about an hour ago.

#17 Edited by Xeirus (1375 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

@whyareyoucrouchingspock said:

@Pazy said:

I cant seen to connect either just now. Though technically its a Starter Account but that dosent matters, its more just so I can say that im unwilling to pay £45 either. The standard price for PC games is ~£30 so I wont support a 150% price increase which means I havent bought it yet, unless I can get it for around £30-35 I wont be getting it.

Sadly dude this is becoming more and more common practice. Fuckall to do with inflation or anything.

When they know they have a "hot" game that will sell loads e.g. Call Of Duty, Skyrim and Guild Wars 2 they try bump the price up for no other reason than "they can". The publishers specifically love to abuse steam. It's a case of "we want more money, so fuck you".

Skyrim? That shit was £28 on launch. You need to learn to shop around buddy.

E: I say shop around, that was from Amazon anyway.

I'm not sure you even need to shop around, just check Cheap Ass Gamer and Amazon and you're golden.

I'm just lazy and pay full price from Blizz

#18 Posted by Seanebaby (41 posts) -

What errors are people getting? I'm getting the "bad login details" error...

#19 Posted by VierasTalo (939 posts) -
@Seanebaby said:

What errors are people getting? I'm getting the "bad login details" error...

Most of the ones in this topic seem to be in regards to downloading the game from Blizzard after making the digital purchase. I'm getting a "Tracker is not responding"-error in the download client.
#20 Posted by Reale (263 posts) -

@jonano: Gutted to hear that man :(

@ajkent: thats because my download finished and they dont want me to play D3!

I expected day 1 issues but its actually getting worse?! lol... here's to keep trying!

#21 Posted by emem (1974 posts) -

Hm I'm in Europe and I'm not having any problems.

#22 Posted by VierasTalo (939 posts) -

Hooray, the download started again!

#23 Posted by whyareyoucrouchingspock (975 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

@whyareyoucrouchingspock said:

@Pazy said:

I cant seen to connect either just now. Though technically its a Starter Account but that dosent matters, its more just so I can say that im unwilling to pay £45 either. The standard price for PC games is ~£30 so I wont support a 150% price increase which means I havent bought it yet, unless I can get it for around £30-35 I wont be getting it.

Sadly dude this is becoming more and more common practice. Fuckall to do with inflation or anything.

When they know they have a "hot" game that will sell loads e.g. Call Of Duty, Skyrim and Guild Wars 2 they try bump the price up for no other reason than "they can". The publishers specifically love to abuse steam. It's a case of "we want more money, so fuck you".

Skyrim? That shit was £28 on launch. You need to learn to shop around buddy.

E: I say shop around, that was from Amazon anyway.

It's £34.99 on steam. It was also £34.99 at many retailers during it's launch. e.g. game.co.uk

#24 Posted by AlexW00d (6449 posts) -

@whyareyoucrouchingspock: Like I said, shop around. Steam games are always at the RRP at launch, same with Game. You probably don't think to look around, but a hell of the a lot of games have an RRP of £35 on PC. And have done for a while.

Online
#25 Edited by whyareyoucrouchingspock (975 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

@whyareyoucrouchingspock: Like I said, shop around.

I never said I didn't. I also specifically cited steam.

@AlexW00d said:

d, but a hell of the a lot of games have an RRP of £35 on PC. And have done for a while.

No. Very few have. Only recently have more and more titles became this way.

game.co.uk is almost exclusively £32 - £34.99. 5-6 years ago this was not the case. Practically every tile sold was around £24.99.

#26 Posted by Reale (263 posts) -

Guys its good! server seems to be up :)

#27 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I was just playing. Everything seems to be working fine for me.

#28 Posted by Stephen_Von_Cloud (1530 posts) -

Really hope it's working. I have a lot of time to kill this weekend and I want to get this game but not if I can't play it.

#29 Posted by VierasTalo (939 posts) -

Oh well, the tracker seems to be down again.

#30 Posted by Creamypies (4091 posts) -

Blizzard are really making complete fools of themselves, huh?

It's oddly amusing.

#31 Posted by Reale (263 posts) -

I just spent almost three hours playing! what fun! rolled with a Wizard - not sure if that's a noob friendly class as there is a lot of kitting involved lol but still great fun.

#32 Posted by Ben_H (3444 posts) -

Remember, if the download stops, go into the connection settings and turn off P2P for a bit. Downloading won't be as fast but it will be constant as it is a direct download from Blizzard rather than a P2P download from other users.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.