Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Just got an beta invite.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By sins_of_mosin

Honestly, I had no idea I was even signed up. Probably did it way back when they first said you could sign up on b.net. Comes at a very good time as I finished Skyrim and don't want to start anything new until SWTOR. Can't say that I'm bursting to play D3 these days but at least I will have something to do for a couple weeks. :D

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

I'm in the Dota 2 beta, That's all.

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By emergency

I am in no betas. I feel sad.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ichthy

I hate you with every molecule of my body.

misterhaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5  Edited By misterhaan

@sins_of_mosin: i just got an invite today too.

i definitely signed up for it as soon as i heard you could, and told a friend of mine who loves diablo ii to do the same. i figured since i saw the giant bomb quick look that the beta was underway and i was going to have to wait until i could buy it, but i guess not! i'm downloading it now and am probably going to put all the other games i've been playing on hold while i mess around with diablo iii. i even found a bug already: the installer doesn't work if you rename it.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By frytup

Just got mine 30 mins ago. I was extremely aware I had signed up.

Download speed is fairly pathetic at the moment, but I'll take it.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sins_of_mosin

I can't start the download until I get home in a couple hours so I'm hoping the speed is better then. Any idea on how long Act I is?

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By frytup

@sins_of_mosin said:

I can't start the download until I get home in a couple hours so I'm hoping the speed is better then. Any idea on how long Act I is?

The beta is only part of Act I. Based on videos I've seen, you can get through it in a bit over an hour.

gjedwards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gjedwards

how much longer is the beta gonna be up? i just updated my beta profile as i forgot it stil had the spec of my old pc (which i dont think would be able to run diablo 3 well) . any chance of getting in for a decent amount of time?

Garfield518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Garfield518

I have both the Dota 2 beta and the D3 beta.

Come at me.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sins_of_mosin

Ugh, I really would like to use the keyboard for movement. I see no option for it.

Anyway, first impression is that I'm playing a offspring of WoW... I just get that vibe.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By frytup

@sins_of_mosin said:

Ugh, I really would like to use the keyboard for movement. I see no option for it.

Anyway, first impression is that I'm playing a offspring of WoW... I just get that vibe.

Really? Looks like Diablo to me. Not that I've been able to play much. Lots of server disconnections.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By spazmaster666

Just checked my e-mail and looks like I got an invite as well. Though I right now I don't have any real desire to playing Diablo. I'm guessing my system specs had something to do with my getting an invite?

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sins_of_mosin

Yeah, a lot of server issues tonight. I've stopped for the night. I'm on the quest to kill the boss for the act so almost done. I don't know if its the fantasy setting or what but I'm just not that all excited. Feels like a more polished but more linear Sacred 2. I keep thinking that if this had came out in 2008/9, it would've been really good.

When I played the SWTOR beta, I was excited and just having a blast. Diablo 3 is the opposite. I feel like I've done it before (Diablo 2 & Sacred 2) and there are no real surprises. And I do see a lot of WoW in the game. Lot of the mechanics, style, ect ect are borrowed from WoW. Not exactly a bad thing but for someone who is sick and bored with WoW, its just meh.

I will try the other classes and see if I get a different feeling.

EDIT: And the achievements makes me think I'm playing an Xbox 360 game. Thou I could be. Visuals are good but not super zomg awesome. Controls are real basic and not able to be changed.....

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Zelyre

Got an invite a few weeks back. Installed it on my Macbook Pro. Played it for about an hour, maybe two. I really... didn't enjoy it. Thinking that maybe it was because I was trying to play it on a laptop, I installed it to my big ole gamin' PC©. It really didn't catch my attention. It's not like I outgrew the genre. I can lose hours in Torchlight. Then Skyrim came out and I haven't fired it up since.

The thing is, I gave ToR an hour and before I knew it, I had played... quite a bit of it. I lost a weekend of Skyrim time because of it.

There's just something that's not hooking me into Diablo III.

But, congrats on the invite!

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Marz

Oh hey, thanks to this thread... i probably wouldn't have known i got an invite today... checked my e-mail and my invite was there!

astonish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By astonish

Got an invite today too. I thought it was a phishing scam, but sure enough I logged onto my account (without clicking any links in the email!) and sure enough I was in. Played a bit, seemed pretty fun, but won't be 100% until I can coop with friends.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By NickL

D3 is about the only beta I want into and it seems to be the only one I can't get into.... So annoying.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

@emergency said:

I am in no betas. I feel sad.

Go buy Skyrim, and then you will be.

Aklimakks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Aklimakks

@Krakn3Dfx: Perhaps games would be released with less shortcomings if more beta invitees would actually, you know, scrutinise the product instead of incessantly whining about subjective aspects.

Though this statement might not be fully applicable in reference to a Bethesda game.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Aus_azn

Sounds like my wacky computer specs won me an invite too. I'm having a lot more fun with this than any Blizzard game before; it's far more approachable than Starcraft.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sins_of_mosin

So constant server issues since I got my invite. And less then a hour ago, they announce they shutting it down till at least Saturday afternoon because they can't find out why their server is having issues.

Ya got meh game play and they can't even keep a bloody server up. And the fanboys on the D3 forum are truly some hardcore morons with the blinders on.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By frytup

Fanboys no doubt, but come on. Freaking out because a beta is broken is a bit ridiculous. Some of those people need to relax.

We're talking about Blizzard. Evidence would suggest they do actually know how to run an online game.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By John1912

@sins_of_mosin:

what are your system specs? Just wondering if they have anything to do with getting the beta.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sins_of_mosin

@John1912 said:

@sins_of_mosin:

what are your system specs? Just wondering if they have anything to do with getting the beta.

CPU: i7 950

CPU Cooler: Asetek 550LC liquid cooler with dual 120mm fans

MOBO: Asus Sabertooth X58

RAM: 3x2gig 1600

HD: 1TB 7200rpm Sata 3

GPU: EVGA Superclocked GTX 460 1gig

PSU: 850w Coolermaster

@frytup said:

Fanboys no doubt, but come on. Freaking out because a beta is broken is a bit ridiculous. Some of those people need to relax.

We're talking about Blizzard. Evidence would suggest they do actually know how to run an online game.

It took Blizz a couple years before WoW ran stable. Anyone who was around that time was on the forums more then they was playing the game.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Mystyr_E

I wish i was in the beta. I was in the Old Republic and my GPU can run it fairly well (Intel HD) so I'm curious about Diablo 3. Even on medium, SC2 runs poorly

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kishinfoulux

I didn't even know the beta was still going on. I checked my account and, sure enough, I had access to the beta. So nice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.