Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Lets talk story! Will Diablo come back?

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gamefreak9

So obviously Diablo died in D2... and his stone was destroyed I believe... so i'm sort of wondering if Diablo will even come back. Especially since they are introducing new prime evils. Anyway there's barely been any talk of where the story is going.

So from what i've played from the beta, a sort of comet fell from the sky? Though i've listened to all the sound files there doesn't seem to be much info at all, and most of the Beta was filling lore for King Leoric... which I thought was SUPER weird the only lore we used to get was some on the final boss of the chapter. So where do you think the story will go? Will someone die? will someone from those we have seen betray us? Which Character will be moving through the chapters with us? Leah, and Cain, the smith, the templar... and...

No Caption Provided

edit: i'm so sorry guys, i just wanted fun speculation, i didn't know the game had spoilers leaked. If your just seeing this now, LEAVE THE THREAD B4 you SCROLL DOWN!

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gamefreak9

dam double post, POST HERE.

edit: the other one was locked.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Klei

It's called DIABLO for a reason.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I'm pretty sure the story has something to do with two Lesser Evils attempting to gain control of something called the Black Soulstone that, I'm sure, has something to do with bringing back Diablo, Baal and Mephisto. I would almost guarantee Diablo making an appearance.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gamefreak9

@Klei: well his stone was destroyed... I think its possible someone else just takes his role. Somehow they just get his strength.

@MariachiMacabre: Its about lesser evils trying to become prime evils and I don't think that implies they become Diablo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Who is diablo? Is he the guy who identifies magic items?

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gamefreak9

@Brodehouse:

That's Deckard Cain, the only dude who has persisted in all 3 games. Diablo is a big monster kind of thing, actually I will post some pics.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@gamefreak9 said:

@Klei: well his stone was destroyed... I think its possible someone else just takes his role. Somehow they just get his strength.

@MariachiMacabre: Its about lesser evils trying to become prime evils and I don't think that implies they become Diablo.

In that case, something goes wrong and they fuck up. Diablo comes back, kills them and takes their armies.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ghostiet
    @gamefreak9 said:

@Brodehouse:

That's Deckard Cain, the only dude who has persisted in all 3 games. Diablo is a big monster kind of thing, actually I will post some pics.

Wow, that flew right past you.
    TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By TentPole

Of course he will.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ravenlight

Based on how crazy the lore is, I could honestly see an actual appearance from Diablo himself being a 50/50 chance. What I really want to do is fight some friggin' angels. Those guys are just as badass as the legions of hell.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By breadfan

Deckard Cain is turns evil!

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@Breadfan said:

Deckard Cain was the Fourth Prime Evil all along.

"Stay awhile and listen...to the screams of the innocent!"

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gamefreak9

@Ravenlight said:

Based on how crazy the lore is, I could honestly see an actual appearance from Diablo himself being a 50/50 chance. What I really want to do is fight some friggin' angels. Those guys are just as badass as the legions of hell.

that's what I think... Angels being Evil, there's like more angels being introduced. And whats the point of having more than one Angel? UNLess some of them will Backstab you and turn evil.

@Breadfan said:

on one hand I was thinking that, on the other it seems a shame to kill off the only persisting character.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SeanFoster

I'm worried Blizzard will do to Diablo what they did to the Orcs and to the Zerg. We'll discover that Diablo is actually peaceful by nature and that some even more powerful, truly evil being has been corrupting Diablo's mind all along!!

Silvergun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Silvergun

It's all but confirmed that Diablo is the final boss, and that he returns through Leah, who carries his essence because she's the daughter of the hero from Diablo 1. You also get to fight Azmodan (the fat demon from the cutscenes) and (I think) Belial. The Butcher is back too as the boss of Act 1.

You also do get to fight at least one angel, Imperius, who is one of the five main angels along with Tyrael. He's the second to last boss, presumably fought in Heaven which is the setting for act 4. You might get to fight Tyrael himself in Act 1, although it may just be a 'boss-like' encounter involving him.

This is all based on achievements that were leaked a month or two ago showing the various boss kill achievements.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @gamefreak9

From what I have read on the wiki's, and the Blizcon lore pannel, plus trailers:

• Diablo is the name of the game, Diablo is the boxart, Diablo has been shown in the trailer, they made a new Diablo statue
    • the prime evils can't be destroyed fully, kill one in sanctuary it gos back to Hell, kill one in Hell it goes into what is basically limbo, but it is posible to rematerialise them back from limbo via external summoning (hence the resurgence of cults in 3)
    • Soulstones aren't the be all end all thingies that keep the prime evils alive, they are primarily prisons made from the Worldstone, corrupted by the evils to multiply their power and tie them to Sanctuary

Potential lore spoilers from beta (nothing too big, it's stuff you can find out on your own from the open beta if you pay attention, ie the start of act 1):

Massive spoilers based on people digging in files, i highly do not recommend reading this: 

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hitchenson

Leah's Diablo.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gamefreak9

@Silvergun: @Tennmuerti:

lol I wanted to guess at the story here... but you guys actually know the whole thing! OMG this is not what I intended!

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

He's gonna be back, but in a behind the scenes till the end kinda way I suppose.

I don't mind though, I want to hurt stuff, no matter if its called Diablo or undead skeleton number five.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By phrosnite

It's called Diablo 3 so he'll come back and you'll fight him 3 times DMC4 style. BOOM!

P.S. - >.<

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Hitchenson: spoiler tags dude, seriously
    Avatar image for bigchickendinner
    BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BigChickenDinner

@gamefreak9 said:

So obviously Diablo died in D2...

That's where you went wrong. MAHAHAHA MUUWAWWAHAHAHAHA MUWHAHA

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@Hitchenson said:

Leah's Diablo.

If true, you need a fucking spoiler box.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hitchenson

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Hitchenson said:

Leah's Diablo.

If true, you need a fucking spoiler box.

It's not even fairly obvious. It's like they've been shouting it at us.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By kindgineer

I think the lesser demon will be the front runner for a large portion of the story. If you watch the new TV ad you can see diablo do a close-up somewhere in there. Also, it's called DIABLO :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@Hitchenson Yeah I haven't followed the game at all but was gonna buy it. Now I know as soon as I meet a character named Leah, that she's the Devil. That's kind of a bummer for me.
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hitchenson

I'm going to blow you all away and tell you I haven't finished the game and I'm purely posting obvious speculation from, oh, I dunno, the fact Diablo's model looks female this time and the whole, it's clearly Leah thing. Some of you guys crack me up.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

Unless you do a deep sector format after defeating Diablo, he can always be recovered if the evil minions have a clean room, the right equipment and proper training.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#30  Edited By StarvingGamer

Yo he was in the trailer

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

FUCKING SPOILERS YOU MUTHA FUCKING BASTARD. LEARN TO USE THE SPOILER TAGS I BROUGHT THIS GAME WHEN IT CAME OUT AND STILL HAVENT FINISHED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By fattony12000

Roll credits, and then...

trindermon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By trindermon

Ive been in beta since day one (got a mate that works over at blizzard) , tbh the whole Lea (spelling) thing has been fairly obvious from like minete 2 of the game unless your are really not listening to the voice overs. during the second question (and again) in the 3rd it becomes fairly clear there is something not right with that girl. (specially if you listen to the NPCs talking to each other).

I dont know what happens but litterally from minete 2 of the game if you use your ears youll be thinking "dodgy chick, wonder what her game is".

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By shirogane

@trindermon said:

Ive been in beta since day one (got a mate that works over at blizzard) , tbh the whole Lea (spelling) thing has been fairly obvious from like minete 2 of the game unless your are really not listening to the voice overs. during the second question (and again) in the 3rd it becomes fairly clear there is something not right with that girl. (specially if you listen to the NPCs talking to each other).

I dont know what happens but litterally from minete 2 of the game if you use your ears youll be thinking "dodgy chick, wonder what her game is".

You mean the fact that she's the daughter of Adria and the Wanderer? Therefore being Diablo's daughter. Whether she ends up being evil or not is to be seen, but she's definitely no normal human.

trindermon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By trindermon

ill spoiler tag this, even tho it isnt a spoiler.

Well, there is that - then there is towns folk in new tristram who talk about the fact she never sleeps. She was up with hedrigs wife all night tending to the dead then you go meet hedrigs wife with him... She turns out to be turned in to the undead, as did all the other people lea was tending to.

Admittedly i have played the beta alot so i picked up on lots of audio cues - there are lots in the game if you listen to them. There are more, even in act 1 up to skelli king.
    trindermon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By trindermon

ive updated my above post a little since intial reply - i figured out how to use the spolier thing properly. :)

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By gamefreak9

@trindermon said:

ill spoiler tag this, even tho it isnt a spoiler.

Well, there is that - then there is towns folk in new tristram who talk about the fact she never sleeps. She was up with hedrigs wife all night tending to the dead then you go meet hedrigs wife with him... She turns out to be turned in to the undead, as did all the other people lea was tending to.

Admittedly i have played the beta alot so i picked up on lots of audio cues - there are lots in the game if you listen to them. There are more, even in act 1 up to skelli king.

dam nice catch with the wife. When does Leah say this?

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#38  Edited By jacksmedulla

@Hitchenson said:

I'm going to blow you all away and tell you I haven't finished the game and I'm purely posting obvious speculation from, oh, I dunno, the fact Diablo's model looks female this time and the whole, it's clearly Leah thing. Some of you guys crack me up.

This.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.