locked out of diablo 3 - can't change password

#1 Posted by S1DDHARTHA (2 posts) -

I tried logging into my Diablo 3 account yesterday - was informed account locked - suspicious activity- I was asked to verify my acount - former password now invalid I answered my verification question, was told email being sent sent to recover account & there would be a link to change password - this is the link https://us.battle.net/account/support/password-reset.html All this does is takes me back to the same screen where input my account name, first & last name, again answer my verification question & "the letter jumble" I can't send Battle.net a ticket b/c my password doesn't work, nor can I ask in the forums for the same reason. I phoned the toll free # atomated message states they can't help with this issue, & refered me back to the website. This is really fucked....suggestions????

#2 Posted by Cataphract1014 (1313 posts) -

post a screenshot of the password reset email

#3 Posted by Marz (5651 posts) -

yeah you probably got scammed by a fake e-mail...

#4 Posted by CosmicBatman (317 posts) -

For everyone reading this, if you get an e-mail asking for username and password from anywhere,

DON'T EVER ENTER YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD.

#5 Posted by EXTomar (4722 posts) -

Just from the description your machine let alone your battle.net account maybe compromised. Do you use the same password for email, b.net, and your system?

#6 Posted by S1DDHARTHA (2 posts) -

It didn't start with an email - I know better than replying to those...It was when I actually tried to log on to battlenet... However...very sheepishly.....Battle net had sent another email that went directly to my junkmail (Thanks Microsoft!) & this is where the link was. All is good now - I hope...am @ work & can't check definitely until I get home @ 01:00. Thanks to all who replied Alan

#7 Edited by EXTomar (4722 posts) -

Battle.net will automatically lock the account if it sees iffy behavior. That usually is something along the lines of "N login in State, US for months, yesterday M logins from Taiwan". Regardless of what happens with your Battle.net account you should assume any other account especially the email you use for Battle.net maybe compromised especially if you use the same password. I would immediately change it.

#8 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4895 posts) -

I suppose you were just hacked then. Maybe a keylog or something. Get an authenticator.

#9 Posted by Hemmelight (164 posts) -

Seriously, authenticators are a must-have. If you have an iPhone or an Android you can use Blizzard's authenticator app for free.

#10 Posted by diablomasterOO (5 posts) -

I think you are a victim of email scamming..their will always be people that can't do right.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.