May 15 release.

  • 60 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by astachurka (1 posts) -

Blizzard announced release date for Diablo 3. May 15. This year.

#2 Posted by Great__defunct__Northern (127 posts) -

Boom goes the dynamite.

#3 Posted by Wunder_ (1171 posts) -

D'oh, few seconds late! GET HYPE

#4 Posted by Kombat (2205 posts) -
#5 Posted by StarvingGamer (8549 posts) -

Fuck me sideways, maybe now Amazon will stop sending me apology e-mails for my D3:CE pre-order being unavailable.

#6 Posted by delrobertto (47 posts) -

@Wunder_:i am already at unstable hype levels

#7 Posted by Grixxel (771 posts) -

Welp ... wish I was more excited for this. Still buying it. :|

#8 Posted by isomeri (1410 posts) -

I have not played any of the previous Diablo games, but I'm pumped for this one. Hopefully I'll be able to wrap this up before the PC release of Max Payne 3.

#9 Posted by mikeeegeee (1575 posts) -

One of the best threads in months.

#10 Posted by Xeirus (1370 posts) -

@isomeri said:

I have not played any of the previous Diablo games, but I'm pumped for this one. Hopefully I'll be able to wrap this up before the PC release of Max Payne 3.

You missed out, Diablo 2 was one of the best games of our time.

#11 Posted by kiwi_whisker (128 posts) -

Oh man - I'm thinking about buying the CE... Convince me its a stupid idea!

#12 Posted by PenguinDust (12626 posts) -

Max Payne 3 drops that day, too. Blizzard vs Rockstar, should be interesting.

#13 Posted by ansys (62 posts) -

Yes, yes, yes!!!

#14 Posted by AndrewB (7689 posts) -

@PenguinDust said:

Max Payne 3 drops that day, too. Blizzard vs Rockstar, should be interesting.

At least they're in no way similar products. Depending on what I see of Max Payne 3, I might be getting both.

#15 Posted by Drakoji (230 posts) -

The real question is when Torchlight 2 and Guild Wars 2 release dates will be announced?

#16 Posted by JustKamToo (724 posts) -

OH damn another CE incoming!!!!

#17 Posted by AndrewB (7689 posts) -

Hooray! Now I finally know when my card will be charged.

Hey, this is the first Diablo game I'll personally own.

#18 Posted by PenguinDust (12626 posts) -

@AndrewB said:

@PenguinDust said:

Max Payne 3 drops that day, too. Blizzard vs Rockstar, should be interesting.

At least they're in no way similar products. Depending on what I see of Max Payne 3, I might be getting both.

True. But, most people will only buy one of them on or around that date, so I'm just wondering which will come out on top and by how much. Max Payne has been moved in the past, so Rockstar might delay the release again for a better window. What publisher would want to release a "AAA" title against Diablo III?

#19 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

@Drakoji said:

The real question is when Torchlight 2 and Guild Wars 2 release dates will be announced?

I think Torchlight is in some trouble now, it really needed to come out before Diablo. I'm sure it'll still do fine, but there's going to be a lot less excitement for it now.

GW2 is an entirely different beast, though it'll probably come out around the same time (June/July?). Pre-purchases start next month and I'm pretty sure they'll announce the date before then.

#20 Posted by Runk3N (51 posts) -

Yes, finally a release date!

#21 Posted by BlatantNinja23 (928 posts) -

@PenguinDust said:

Max Payne 3 drops that day, too. Blizzard vs Rockstar, should be interesting.

Not really, I'll just buy both

Anyways, gonna start setting up my tent in front of my computer

#22 Posted by Hector (3378 posts) -

Bye bye every other game I play on Mac.

#23 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

Wish I gave a damn. The idea of mindless, incessant clicking has never appealed to me. Good news for all the fans though!

#24 Posted by Drakoji (230 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind:

Well, Torchlight have some really good features, like modding and LAN multiplayer.

And it wont be 59,99$... Seriously, 59,99$ for a top-down dungeon crawler with almost do depth is ridiculous.

#25 Posted by GeneralZod37 (267 posts) -

Next thing we know Valve is going to release Half-Life 3 on 5.12.12 as well. A AAA game threeway.

Seriously though, WOONANNY!!!!!!

#26 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -

The day after my birthday- too bad I can't ask for it as a present, ha

#27 Posted by Winternet (8052 posts) -

Well, that's a thing.

Max Payne III vs Diablo III? That's a hell of a week. That's November quality kind of week.

#28 Posted by Branwulf (409 posts) -

Finally able to pre-order the collectors edition in the UK

#29 Posted by Storphrax (186 posts) -

Awesome. I'm getting the game for free too through the 1 year WoW subscription.

#30 Posted by DeF (4975 posts) -

@kiwi_whisker said:

Oh man - I'm thinking about buying the CE... Convince me its a stupid idea!

Soul stone USB drive ...that's all I needed to know :)

luckily, there was a pre-order deal last year for €60 ... now all I need to do is wait for the postman!

#31 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Oh man oh man oh man!

#32 Posted by Crono (2707 posts) -

I am elated to know a date - 2 months is usually pretty short - but with this news in the back of my mind at all times I know that time is gonna drag even more slowly. Hooray! We finally got a release date!

#33 Posted by NaDannMaGoGo (338 posts) -

@Drakoji said:

@WinterSnowblind:

Well, Torchlight have some really good features, like modding and LAN multiplayer.

And it wont be 59,99$... Seriously, 59,99$ for a top-down dungeon crawler with almost do depth is ridiculous.

I like how you imply that Diablo is worth less because of it's genre, what a moronic post. With almost no depth? Urgh, even Diablo 2 had more gameplay AND story depth than most RPGs nowadays, fuck off with ridiculous statements like that.

#34 Posted by Death_Burnout (3800 posts) -

If you have been following this game closely, this is perhaps the most amazing and surreal thing ever to actually see with your damn eyes...it's that crazy!

#35 Posted by Addfwyn (1947 posts) -

Pretty excited, the beta whet my appetite significantly, but you can only play 13 or so levels so many times.

#36 Posted by duggshammer (158 posts) -

Just prepurchased on battle.net, I'll be taking some vacation time on the day it comes out... this is gonna be awwweesooome

#37 Posted by Drakoji (230 posts) -

@NaDannMaGoGo: Says the man with the D3 avatar, you surely neutral in all that I'm I right?

Seriously, Diablo 3 is overpriced, there's way better games in that genre that are waaaay cheaper and better than Diablo 3. And come on, story depth? Really? REALLY? You know the game where people skipped 4/5 of the act 2 content only to get the cube and kill the boss... Yeah story depth.

Torchlight 2 and Titan Quest if you want examples.

#38 Posted by ucankurbaga (173 posts) -

put this on main page

#39 Posted by GeneralZod37 (267 posts) -

@Drakoji: We have no idea the depth of content in the game so we cannot say for sure if it is worth the price or not.

#40 Posted by Gruff182 (875 posts) -

@Drakoji said:

@NaDannMaGoGo: Says the man with the D3 avatar, you surely neutral in all that I'm I right?

Seriously, Diablo 3 is overpriced, there's way better games in that genre that are waaaay cheaper and better than Diablo 3. And come on, story depth? Really? REALLY? You know the game where people skipped 4/5 of the act 2 content only to get the cube and kill the boss... Yeah story depth.

Torchlight 2 and Titan Quest if you want examples.

He could have a picture of Pikachu as his avatar and you'd still be an idiot.

#41 Posted by Drakoji (230 posts) -

@GeneralZod37:

Well, we saw the Beta, and we know that it's a game plagued with console-aids. The game has been casualized as fuck.

#42 Posted by TzarStefan (428 posts) -

Allrdy bored with the beta i hope this ignites the thrill again

#43 Posted by Village_Guy (2661 posts) -

Uh, that is on my birthday :D

#44 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

Wow. I didn't think it'd be so soon. Considering the dearth of other May releases I'm interested in, the promise of perhaps a more BioWarian structure with companions, and co-op, I guess I'll have to pick this up.

#45 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

Still excited. All the haters can't bring me down.

#46 Posted by GeneralZod37 (267 posts) -

@Drakoji: Fair enough. It could just be shady dealings by the publisher, supply and demand for ya.

#47 Posted by Kratch (367 posts) -

I'm very pumped for Diablo III, but I'm also wondering what the hell is going on with Torchlight II.

#48 Posted by isomeri (1410 posts) -

@Xeirus said:

@isomeri said:

I have not played any of the previous Diablo games, but I'm pumped for this one. Hopefully I'll be able to wrap this up before the PC release of Max Payne 3.

You missed out, Diablo 2 was one of the best games of our time.

So I've heard. I actually watched a friend of mine play hours upon hours of Diablo II when I was a kid. Sadly he didn't let me play at all :(

#49 Posted by jakob187 (21755 posts) -

I woke up, and Blizzard announced a release date for Diablo III.

You're all welcome.

Now I'm positive that the Mayans were off, and the end of the world will occur on May 15th...because God can never let Diablo III come out.

...and when the world ends...and I see God, I'm punching that fucker square in the nuts for doing such a terrible thing to us.

#50 Posted by kishinfoulux (2506 posts) -

@kiwi_whisker said:

Oh man - I'm thinking about buying the CE... Convince me its a stupid idea!

I just wish there was some way I could get the digital version with that. It looks so fucking awesome but I don't want the disc. :-/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.