Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Monk Question

angrywookie29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By angrywookie29

so i just got the Mystic Ally, and i was just wondering if when the ally kills an enemy, he takes the experience, or if i get it or what. does anybody know?

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

Well, I know for certain that whenever you make a kill, your companion gains xp, and as such, I'd be very surprised to hear that you don't get xp for when your companion makes a kill in turn.

I assume that it's basically like this, you have yourself a party consisting of you and your companion and you both gain equal amount of experience for any kills that the "party" makes.

spaghettitime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By spaghettitime

You get the experience, yes.

You get experience every time a monster is killed in your game instance, period. I don't know if you have to be within a certain range to get the experience though, or if one of your friends can play Donkey Konga on Azmodan's face while you're in town and you still benefit from it.

Your mystic Ally also heals you when it hits if you have life on hit/life-leech stats on your weapons, as well as healing itself.

The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By The_Tolman

@spaghettitime said:

You get the experience, yes.

You get experience every time a monster is killed in your game instance, period. I don't know if you have to be within a certain range to get the experience though, or if one of your friends can play Donkey Konga on Azmodan's face while you're in town and you still benefit from it.

Your mystic Ally also heals you when it hits if you have life on hit/life-leech stats on your weapons, as well as healing itself.

I believe this is correct. Enjoy your new skill.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

Since we're talking about Mystic Ally, is anyone actually using this skill after the novelty of it being new wore off? It seems like a waste of a slot to me, but maybe I'm missing something.

spaghettitime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By spaghettitime

It can be a good combo for keeping your health bar full when used in conjunction with things like Sanctuary, Mantra of Healing and Breath of Heaven (all of which your Ally benefits from).

I'm at the end of Hell and it really is doing nothing for me DPS wise, though it is definitely pulling its weight in helping me stay survivable, especially if you use the Earth Ally (which boosts your health by 10%) on top of an Amethyst on your helm slot.

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Robo

@MB: With the air ally rune you get later it's decent. Early on it kind of just wastes a space you could devote to a more useful skill.

spaghettitime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By spaghettitime

My general rule of thumb when leveling a class has been that if I don't have a rune for a skill yet, I don't use it.

WJist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By WJist

It is also good as a temporary distraction if you are trying to run away while your health is low. My Mystic Ally has saved me several times on Hell just by pulling aggro off of me for a minute.

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By MrCandleguy

@MB said:

Since we're talking about Mystic Ally, is anyone actually using this skill after the novelty of it being new wore off? It seems like a waste of a slot to me, but maybe I'm missing something.

I use it for earth ally. Increases your health and can turn an enemies attention to him rather than you. This is the last ally you unlock though. I like him for fodder

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By DJJoeJoe

I like the ally cause I tend towards passive abilities, I can pop him and not have to worry about him since he does his job for a long time. the Fire one does a lot of dmg, and there is the other one I use which has a 2% chance to give me 100 spirit, though I don't really need that so I've just been mostly using the fire one.

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Stete

@MB: I think he is absolutely essential in harder difficulties just because he can distract enemies away from you.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By buft

As long as you are in a screen and a half of them then you get the xp, there was a blue post on this from jay wilson where he included a diagram using the minimap, hopefully someone else can link that for you since i dont have time to go hunting it now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.