New Diablo III Class: The Wizard

#1 Edited by Demilich (2599 posts) -
#2 Posted by breton (1437 posts) -

Cooler than a sorcerer.

#3 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

GIVE ME THE GAMEEEEEE!

#4 Edited by banned8921 (1246 posts) -

interesting. I hope theres no mana and I have to prepare my spells beforehand. Like in dungeons and dragons.

#5 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -
#6 Posted by banned8921 (1246 posts) -
#7 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Considering Blizzcon is going on, I'd assume it is official.

#8 Edited by DualReaver (3882 posts) -
#9 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

Official. BlizzCon is on at the moment.

#10 Posted by BoG (5180 posts) -

Ultra cool, though I'm disappointed that the wizards aren't sporting bright blue pointy hats with stars on them. Hopefully something like that will be loot. I will play a wizard and wear it forever.

#11 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -
BoG said:
"I'm disappointed that the wizards aren't sporting bright blue pointy hats with stars on them. Hopefully something like that will be loot. I will play a wizard and wear it forever."
Zero items equipped.
#12 Edited by PureRok (4235 posts) -

They look pretty cool. I might actually enjoy playing one considering how awesome he looks. Have they updated their class section on the Diablo 3 website?

Edit: Nope, they haven't yet.

#13 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -
PureRok said:
"They look pretty cool. I might actually enjoy playing one considering how awesome he looks. Have they updated their class section on the Diablo 3 website?

Edit: Nope, they haven't yet."
I doubt anyone at Blizzard is at the offices during BlizzCon.
#14 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

What's with Mr. Invisible over on the left?
Also, Blizzard have outdone themselves. I couldn't imagine them designing a hotter character than the Sorceress.

#15 Posted by BoG (5180 posts) -
Demilich said:
"PureRok said:
"They look pretty cool. I might actually enjoy playing one considering how awesome he looks. Have they updated their class section on the Diablo 3 website?

Edit: Nope, they haven't yet."
I doubt anyone at Blizzard is at the offices during BlizzCon."
That would make it extra awesome if a WoW server were to explode. Imagine the chaos, and no one to fix it.
#16 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -
atejas said:
"What's with Mr. Invisible over on the left?
Also, Blizzard have outdone themselves. I couldn't imagine them designing a hotter character than the Sorceress."
Mr. Invisible is greyed out because you can't play as a male Wizard at BlizzCon.
#17 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -
BoG said:
"Demilich said:
"PureRok said:
"They look pretty cool. I might actually enjoy playing one considering how awesome he looks. Have they updated their class section on the Diablo 3 website?

Edit: Nope, they haven't yet."
I doubt anyone at Blizzard is at the offices during BlizzCon."
That would make it extra awesome if a WoW server were to explode. Imagine the chaos, and no one to fix it."
I'd imagine the servers are elsewhere. But I agree. WoWfags without their WoW are like broke women.
#18 Edited by PureRok (4235 posts) -
#19 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6038 posts) -

Awesome.  I can't wait to get my hands on this game.  I was a huge Diablo 2 nut back a few years ago, and now have the craving to play it again.

Moderator
#20 Posted by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -

That's some badass mother-fucking shit right there.

#21 Posted by Tordah (2469 posts) -

Ohhh, looks pretty sweet. Great gameplay video.

#22 Posted by MisoRonery (468 posts) -

How is this not on the front page!?!?  Pure unadulterated badassery!

#23 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -

Edited my last post to contain the video within it.

#24 Posted by MasturbatingBear (1781 posts) -

Oh no! they are replacing the old clases? shit. I had a level 76 sorc on bnet and a 65 barb and like 5x necro... I liked the sorc. Oh well I guess its just cooler so I can say"Blue wizard needs food badly!" lol

#25 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

hmmm, sounds pretty cool. Great news that old skills are making a come back in this class.I loved sorc, so naturally this looks like the class I'll be starting with.

#26 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

Not a game I"m usually interested in

but damn, I need a new computer.

#27 Posted by Guest (41 posts) -

That not at all surprising.  Of course they were going to have the mage-like dude.  I still want to know how the skill trees are going to work in this game.  I just hope it makes more sense than the old, "You can invest more than one point into low level skills....but don't."  I'm pretty sure it will, but I'm curious as to what it's going to be.

#28 Edited by Rowr (5474 posts) -
atejas said:
"What's with Mr. Invisible over on the left?
Also, Blizzard have outdone themselves. I couldn't imagine them designing a hotter character than the Sorceress."
Demilich said:

"
The final playable character will be ELVIS?

Sign me up.
#29 Posted by serbsta (1867 posts) -

This is just a rip of the Sorceress, i would have expected some more originality from Blizz.

#30 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -
#31 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -
serbsta said:
"This is just a rip of the Sorceress, i would have expected some more originality from Blizz."
And Solid Snake is just a ripoff of Big Boss.
#32 Posted by elliooo (293 posts) -
serbsta said:
"This is just a rip of the Sorceress, i would have expected some more originality from Blizz."
LOL!!! Of course its similar to the Sorceress, would you have preferred Diablo 3 to be without a magic-weilding class for the purposes of 'originality'? The Wizard looks amazing, I love the look of the spells with the new engine.
#33 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -
serbsta said:
"This is just a rip of the Sorceress, i would have expected some more originality from Blizz."
SPOILERS: It's impossible to come up with original fantasy-esque characters.
Name me an idea for an original class. Name me one.
#34 Posted by Rowr (5474 posts) -
atejas said:
"serbsta said:
"This is just a rip of the Sorceress, i would have expected some more originality from Blizz."
SPOILERS: It's impossible to come up with original fantasy-esque characters.
Name me an idea for an original class. Name me one."
ELVIS

(see six posts back.)
#35 Posted by Guest (41 posts) -
Rowr said:
"atejas said:
"serbsta said:
"This is just a rip of the Sorceress, i would have expected some more originality from Blizz."
SPOILERS: It's impossible to come up with original fantasy-esque characters.
Name me an idea for an original class. Name me one."
ELVIS

(see six posts back.)
"
Instead of corpse explosion, he'd have gut explosion.
#36 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -
Jayge said:
"That's some badass mother-fucking shit right there."
Oh, hell yes. I am finally getting interested into playing a dungeon crawler again.
#37 Posted by serbsta (1867 posts) -
elliooo said:
"serbsta said:
"This is just a rip of the Sorceress, i would have expected some more originality from Blizz."
LOL!!! Of course its similar to the Sorceress, would you have preferred Diablo 3 to be without a magic-weilding class for the purposes of 'originality'? The Wizard looks amazing, I love the look of the spells with the new engine."
You just love following me around and laughing at me. Haha. Lame. My opinion stands. =]
#38 Posted by serbsta (1867 posts) -
atejas said:
"serbsta said:
"This is just a rip of the Sorceress, i would have expected some more originality from Blizz."
SPOILERS: It's impossible to come up with original fantasy-esque characters.
Name me an idea for an original class. Name me one."
My point is that they should have kept the Sorceress if theyre keeping the changes to a minimum.
#39 Posted by xxNBxx (969 posts) -
#40 Posted by serbsta (1867 posts) -
xxNBxx said:
"

Not sure why they needed to call it a Wizard.  Don't think anyone would have made a stink if  Blizz just changed her spells.  I like the new spells, just hope they change the sound for the lighting attack, it seems to week.

"
Yeah i was thinking about that aswell, it just doesnt have enough GRUNT.
#41 Posted by adam_grif (1144 posts) -

I would have personally preferred them call it the Sorcerer / Sorceress. Just sounds cooler in my opinion.

#42 Posted by serbsta (1867 posts) -
adam_grif said:
"I would have personally preferred them call it the Sorcerer / Sorceress. Just sounds cooler in my opinion."
Agreed.
#43 Posted by jigsgaudiel (17 posts) -

game looks great why wony you try the demo HERE

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.