Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

No Activision Logos Anywhere

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By meteora3255

I figured when the game came to consoles Activision would have their logo in there somewhere, but it was nowhere to be found. I haven't played other post-merger Blizzard games so I don't know if this is an across the board thing. If it is I am happy to see that Blizzard still has some level of autonomy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

There are no Activision logos on Blizzard games and no Blizzard logos on Activision games. They're still two entirely separate publishing entities, they just happen to be under the same holding company now.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Blizzard name has way too much brand power to assimilate it. Same way EA will never completely absorb Bioware.

There has been a concerted effort by big publishers to move away from simply assimilating their acquisitions ever since EA started eating up independent PC devs in the late 90s/early 2000s and got a ton of hate for it. Instead they often brand their dev teams, regardless of how much independence they truly have. In the case of Activision Blizzard, it's very much a case of Activision getting the money at the end of the day.

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By meteora3255

@corvak: The difference is EA has its logo on the spine of every one of my post-buyout BioWare games (as well as at start-up). There isn't a mention of Activision (or Activision Blizzard) anywhere in Diablo 3. If I didn't know they merged I would think Blizzard was still on its own.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who really gives a shit about the logo? It's all about the sweet, sweet loot IMO.

danmcn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corvak: The difference is EA has its logo on the spine of every one of my post-buyout BioWare games (as well as at start-up). There isn't a mention of Activision (or Activision Blizzard) anywhere in Diablo 3. If I didn't know they merged I would think Blizzard was still on its own.

I don't know for sure what types of mergers each company went through but I believe EA owns Bioware completely. Activision and Blizzard are their own companies, they are just subsidiaries for Activision-Blizzard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.