Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

On the Fence to Purchase.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Deathshroud

So.. I have not been able to purchase a game in over 6 months or so. In-fact I had to sell pretty much all my PS3 and Xbox games. The big cause of this was I am trying to work off debit that I have after being laid-off. I had to pass up a lot of games that I did want because of this. I have been extremely excited for D3 and have friends who are looking forward to be playing it. But i have this fear after getting laid-off to spend any money on myself. If I do purchase D3, it will put a dent into my budget but nothing I don't believe I could not recover from. It just the unknown surprise bill or whatever that makes me nervous.

So my thing now is.. should I do it. Should I just bite the bullet and make the purchase? I know other people have been through this situation and would like to get some feedback. Kinda help build my resolve I guess.

Thanks everyone.

Avatar image for deactivated-6281db536cb1d
    deactivated-6281db536cb1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If the $60 is enough to make you really worried about paying your bills this month, then no.

josher14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By josher14

seriously..

please just buy the game.. life is too short.. i ate ramen for months while i was training to get my dream job.. you learn to adjust..

#josher#

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Deathshroud

@josher14: Yeah, you got that right, life is too short.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
    deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

If you're like me, you probably have a stack of old games and 50 games which haven't been played on Steam. :-) I would go back and delve into some other stuff until you can afford it. I'm in the same boat. I'm going to wait on a lot of games coming out this year. :-(

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JJOR64

Save your money for your debt.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#7  Edited By StarvingGamer

Buy it and use your free time between jobs to grind the fuck out of the game and earn cash in the RMAH o_O

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By StrikeALight

@wewantsthering said:

If you're like me, you probably have a stack of old games and 50 games which haven't been played on Steam. :-) I would go back and delve into some other stuff until you can afford it. I'm in the same boat. I'm going to wait on a lot of games coming out this year. :-(

That would be me if I had a gaming pc. I recently ebay'd a whole stack of new and sealed PS3 games, since I couldn't justify them being in their wrappers any longer.

And money is one thing (when isn't it?), but lack of free time these days, is also a major factor for me. I work from home and somehow manage to have less free time than when I worked an ordinary day job.

OP - D3 will still be around and kicking years from now, so don't get too down on not being able to play day one. Having a crazy addictive game to play is probably not the best option when unemployed, either.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By StrikeALight

@StarvingGamer said:

Buy it and use your free time between jobs to grind the fuck out of the game and earn cash in the RMAH o_O

Is anyone here going to bother doing that?

PaulKemp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PaulKemp

Personally I dont feel that the 'life's too short' argument goes if you do worry and stress more if you dont pay your bills.

Anyway, Gamespy reports it will have a lvl 13 (act 1) trial! Lvl 13 with all the characters will grant you a decent amount of playtime for free. Then you can decide.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/diablo-iii/1224627p1.html

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Deathshroud

@StrikeALight: That is true. It will be there when I am able to get it.

I am not current unemployed but struggling a little to get back onto my feet. I am just going to wait until I can purchase it. Unless I win the lotto or miracle happens and I am able to get it tomorrow lol.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ghost_cat

I don't know about your experience with past titles, but I played Diablo 2 for years after it was first released, and hardly any other game. Saving money is good, but knowing a good investment is also good too.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Grixxel

It's kinda obvious, if 60 bucks is enough to put a "dent" in your budget, then fuck no. Don't listen to any of the retards saying otherwise.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By shiftymagician

@StrikeALight said:

@StarvingGamer said:

Is anyone here going to bother doing that?

There will always be enough crazy people that I will be surprised if no one tries it.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By sins_of_mosin
    @PaulKemp said:

Personally I dont feel that the 'life's too short' argument goes if you do worry and stress more if you dont pay your bills.

Anyway, Gamespy reports it will have a lvl 13 (act 1) trial! Lvl 13 with all the characters will grant you a decent amount of playtime for free. Then you can decide.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/diablo-iii/1224627p1.html

I had no idea that they was doing this.  Thanks for the heads up. 

EDIT: looks like there is waiting time for us without a guest pass.  From blizzard's site:  Note: The Diablo III Starter Edition will not be available without a Guest Pass until 30 days after the game launches.
    Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

I was going to hold off buying it because I threw down almost $1300 for a trip to Comic Con in July.

But then i caved and bought it anyway. I'm going to hold off on Max Payne 3 til later in the year tho for sure.

Don't be weak like me. Or do be. What's going to be more stressful, thinking about the $60 you paid to play Diablo 3 or thinking about all of your friends playing Diablo 3 while you're not?

At the end of the day, without posting a complete rundown of your financials on here, you're the only person who knows how dire your situation is and how much of a dent in things a copy of Diablo 3 would be for you. There's something to be said for treating yourself occasionally, regardless.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18  Edited By YI_Orange

You're going to be dead by the time you finish reading this post, so just get it. It IS the year of the get it after all. While you're at it, listen to some MBMBAM.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#19  Edited By ArbitraryWater

If purchasing Diablo III threatens you being able to eat, then be a responsible adult and don't do it. On the other hand, I assure you that it won't be dropping in price anytime soon, so you might as well get going while the game is fresh and exciting.

Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Z3RO180

@Deathshroud:keep the mony and wait the price might go own in at a futre date so keep your mony and get out of your dedt first.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Deathshroud

@Z3RO180: Thats what I plan on doing now at this point. I hate it .. but it has to be done.

Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Z3RO180

@Deathshroud: dount hate it its only a game chances are peopel will still be playing it after when you get it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.