Post a pic of your character and banner

#1 Edited by buft (3320 posts) -

EDIT: The Torchlight character joke has been done, yes, it was funny but please keep on topic. thank you

Hey guys, I wanted to start this topic because after dropping into a few games today i noticed that characters of the same level and class can have wildly different looks and i wanted to get a place on giantbomb not only where we can show off our characters and banners but display the wealth of different armor styles in the game.

My level 40 barb is my second character because my first coop partner went on holidays, Just finished act 1 on nightmare.

Just approaching level 60 now so thought i would update with a level 58 approaching the 50 hours of gameplay mark, still pumped as ever to be playing, enjoying every minute even if i look like an armored big bird

My banner has gone through some changes since i unlocked a few different options

Level 60 after my second butcher kill on inferno, bought the legendary helm since it was super cheap and way better than my own helm that i had crafted for level 60, still grinding up gear and making a little act 2 progress everyday but struggling as resistances are in the 400s and still seem to get destroyed by those wasps.

#2 Posted by warxsnake (2650 posts) -

#3 Posted by WMWA (1162 posts) -

I'm embarrassed to show mine after seeing yours. Mostly because that screenshot really hits home how terrible D3 runs on my computer

#4 Posted by Sjupp (1911 posts) -

60 soooooon!

#5 Edited by ShadowConqueror (3084 posts) -
At level 32
At level 41
At level 50
At level 55
At level 60

Hey guys, I'm a WIZARD!

#6 Posted by Tennmuerti (8174 posts) -

Man i had a great looking set of gear yesterday and could have posted. But today after upgrading my pants and my boots my nightmare monk looks like a bum :P

#7 Posted by Blomakrans (151 posts) -

@Tennmuerti said:

Man i had a great looking set of gear yesterday and could have posted. But today after upgrading my pants and my boots my nightmare monk looks like a bum :P

I thought monks were supposed to look like bums?

#8 Edited by JackSukeru (5963 posts) -

Can't figure out how to take a screenshot since there doesn't seem to be any designated button and PrtSc or Alt + PrtSc isn't doing it.

Anyways I've got a male Witch Doctor with wood-ish armor, a snake in my hand and finally got a kind of badass mask as well.

Edit: Got it!

#9 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3084 posts) -

Print Screen worked for me, it just doesn't notify you that a screenshot was taken.

#10 Posted by JackSukeru (5963 posts) -

@ShadowConqueror: I usually just create a new bitmap and then Ctrl + V it in after opening in Paint, but when I tried that I just got my background image. You're right however, because of your comment I looked in the Diablo III main folder and found a "Screenshots" folder there. Thanks!

#11 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -

some awesome looking armor, i especially like how wizards look mid game to late game

@Tennmuerti: I hear that, i purposely waited until i was rocking gear i was actually comfortable with showing and that dyed well :P i remember early 30s looking like a mix between a legionnaire and a crazy bum. bad times indeed

@wmaustin55 said:

I'm embarrassed to show mine after seeing yours. Mostly because that screenshot really hits home how terrible D3 runs on my computer

show anyway, not about graphics just the variety also im interested in seeing how the game looks on lower spec because i know friends who would buy it if they thought it playable.

#12 Edited by Unchained (1090 posts) -

My lvl 36 Barbarian. Just beat the Skeleton King on Nightmare. Legendary Mace was the drop (seen here).    

Lvl 36

Still loving this game. Though I think I'll stop at Nightmare. Hell doesn't sound all too fun from the other threads about it. I'm soloing.
#13 Edited by SpunkyHePanda (1741 posts) -
#14 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -

@RockmanBionics: thats one bad ass looking mask mate

@Unchained said:

My lvl 36 Barbarian. Just beat the Skeleton King on Nightmare. Legendary Mace was the drop (seen here).

Nice i got 2 blues from the SK and every boss since lol, no luck on boss drops but got a sweet 1 hander from a lvl 40 mob before we stopped playing tonight. Just a rare but it was twice as good as what i had before, the loot is what really makes this game.

#15 Edited by happypup70 (172 posts) -

My demon hunter in all his glory.

I just had to repost my Demon Hunter he looks so good

Finally made it to 60 He looks rather daft. I still have two more act three bosses and an act four before I make it to inferno. I don't know if i want to even try at this point. Every time I see a blue or yellow mob I go oh fuck. I can't imagine it getting better.

#16 Posted by Tennmuerti (8174 posts) -

@Unchained: Oh man that look hella sic. And it really matches the armor too. Congrats!

#17 Posted by Unchained (1090 posts) -
@Tennmuerti: Thanks duder! I am 33 years old, yet I squealed with delight when I saw that beautiful orange text after the Skeleton King died.
#18 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -

@happypup70 said:

My demon hunter in all his glory.

Looks awesome its hard to get demon hunter armor to look nice dyed because of the amount of colors in the armor that don't change, my 22 kinda looks like a clown atm. will post pic at some point

#19 Posted by eroticfishcake (7789 posts) -

So people do play as male characters!

#20 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -
#21 Posted by WMWA (1162 posts) -

@RockmanBionics: Howd you do it? Alt + PrtScrn wont work and only does my desktop haha

#22 Posted by Sjupp (1911 posts) -

I wish for a better weapon that'd fit the tanky monk that I am but oh well!

#23 Posted by Skytylz (4039 posts) -

@Sjupp said:

I wish for a better weapon that'd fit the tanky monk that I am but oh well!

60 Already? I'm only 32 and I feel like I've played way too much!

#24 Posted by Sjupp (1911 posts) -

@Skytylz: To be fair I've been at a lan party since launch. I've put about 60 hours into the game :P

#25 Posted by Skytylz (4039 posts) -

@Sjupp: Nice! I'm jealous! Do levels start to take a long time by the time you get in the 50s or does the XP ramp up enough?

#26 Edited by JackSukeru (5963 posts) -

@wmaustin55: Just press PrtSc, you'll notice the framerate hicupping, then look in the folder where your Diablo 3 data is and there will be one labeled "Screenshots". The screenshot you took will be there.

Actually, scratch that I just assumed that's where it went. Since I didn't want to dig through my Program folders I just used Search and typed in "diablo" opened the folder that came up and it was there, but it was in "My Documents" in a completely different spot from the main data.

#27 Posted by TRSJabber (26 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

HAHA! You just made me shoot some of my White Russian out of my nose. Ow. But also HAHA!

#28 Edited by Sjupp (1911 posts) -

@Skytylz: It is definitely a bit slow but by the time we all (4 man group) had finished Diablo on Hell we were all within half a level of 60. When thinking back on it they've done a good job making you level on par with your Act-progression.

#29 Posted by happypup70 (172 posts) -

@buft: That was my experience as well so I just went with white. Once I can get black dye I will switch to that.

#30 Posted by jaxjaggywires (72 posts) -

Character 1

#31 Posted by SockemJetpack (412 posts) -
Sigrid the monk with her horned Samus helm
#32 Posted by StarvingGamer (8546 posts) -
#33 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -
#34 Posted by Icemo (659 posts) -
#35 Posted by Fattony12000 (7558 posts) -
Fear the Ferrets
#36 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -

@Sjupp said:

@Skytylz: It is definitely a bit slow but by the time we all (4 man group) had finished Diablo on Hell we were all within half a level of 60. When thinking back on it they've done a good job making you level on par with your Act-progression.

yeh even before you finish nightmare my friends where all a few bars from 50, the progression is well done.

#37 Posted by John_Lawlz (110 posts) -

@Dagbiker: So legit

#38 Posted by Gravier251 (217 posts) -

Not got particularly far into Nightmare as I mostly seem to keep lvling all the different classes. Favourite though is definitely the demon hunter:

#39 Posted by Fascism (148 posts) -
#40 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1765 posts) -
My Demon Huntress ... highest char I have so far :)
#41 Edited by Icemo (659 posts) -

Would also be awesome to see peoples character levels in their pics to have a better sense of what different classes look like at certain levels.

Or are you guys too embarrassed to show your characters name? :)

#42 Posted by Talis12 (488 posts) -
#43 Edited by Tennmuerti (8174 posts) -

Well I had to downgrade my shoes a little bit, but the ones i had were just soo ugly, but as a result i actually look decent now.

For some reason GB image import makes my screenshots look like shit compared to how they look ingame.
#44 Posted by Pezen (1668 posts) -

Ragnar - Level 22 Barbarian or "Will make every adventure turn into a blood fountain slaughter party".

#45 Posted by emergency (1190 posts) -
#46 Posted by Vinyl (50 posts) -

My badass lady monk :)

#47 Posted by Grillbar (1902 posts) -

my char sux but i made it to act 2 on hell

#48 Posted by MeierTheRed (4941 posts) -
#49 Posted by QKT (251 posts) -

vanishing dye yeah!

#50 Posted by Ben_H (3427 posts) -
My Barbarian, named Conan 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.