Post your mice.

• 121 results
#1 Posted by el_tajij (718 posts) -

Fighting game forums are all about showing off your arcade stick. Music forums are all about showing off your instruments of choice. Diablo forums should be about showing off the electronic rodent who will be clicked in rapid succession until MANY demons rue the day. So what is your mouse of choice? Which desktop warrior is leading the charge?

I'm very tempted to pick up the SteelSeries one:

http://steelseries.com/products/games/diablo-iii/steelseries-diablo-iii-mouse

But less because I want it and more because of the tagline 'Time to click ass.' I also apologize to everyone who thought this topic was going to be about placing small creatures into postboxes.

How about you guys? Who's got the best mouse on Giantbomb?

#2 Posted by Scrawnto (2465 posts) -

My Logitech G5 lasted about 4 years before I busted the scroll wheel. I replaced it with a Logitech G500, which has an improved scroll wheel and an extra thumb button. Pretty much the same otherwise, which is pretty darn good.

#3 Posted by ChrisOVC (133 posts) -
Best mouse I have owned
#4 Posted by haffy (674 posts) -

Think I got it for £20. Pretty good and accurate.

#5 Posted by Ketchupp (668 posts) -

@ChrisOVC said:

Best mouse I have owned

Same here.

#6 Posted by gamefreak9 (2417 posts) -

@Ketchupp said:

@ChrisOVC said:

Best mouse I have owned

Same here.

wtf... transformers much?

#7 Edited by AndrewB (7689 posts) -

The Cooler Master something something or other (actually, it's the Storm Sentinel. I just think gaming mice have stupid names).

The only reason I'm using it is because it ended up being free bundled with the case I bought awhile back.

Not that it's bad or anything. It has a tiny OLED screen, and any mouse where I can change the LED color to pink is okay. Plus it's nice and heavy with all the weights. I like a good weighty mouse.

To be honest, I was happy enough with my MX 1000 (Logitech's first laser mouse).

#8 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4801 posts) -
#9 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

@ChrisOVC said:

Best mouse I have owned

Yup totally, plus the mouse button is on a hair-trigger, so clicking is really fast.

#10 Posted by myketuna (1756 posts) -

The cheapest Logitech mouse that didn't look awful (I'm looking at you G300). Also, I hear the MX518 was really good.

Logitech G400
#11 Posted by ShaggE (6698 posts) -

Nothing special, just a Kensington Pro Fit, but I like it.

#12 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -
I need a new mouse -_-
#13 Posted by Insectecutor (1205 posts) -

O shit it's the cyborg mouse

#14 Posted by furiouscabbage (20 posts) -

I personally am using a Razer DeathAdder mouse. I bought one about a year ago with my new rig and liked it so much I bought another that I brought to work for everyday use. It's got a great weight and size that fits my hand really well. I'm not one to program a ton of buttons, so I'm just fine with just the back and forward thumb buttons on the side.

#15 Posted by VisariLoyalist (3000 posts) -

Performance MX

#16 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -
MX518
#17 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (742 posts) -

Microsoft Sidewinder X8.

Has two thumb buttons as you can clearly see and the red block below it is a tiny dot-matrix screen which shows the current DPI selected using one of the three DPI-on-the-fly buttons under the scroll wheel. DPI values are assigned outside of the game via the mouse control panel. There's a button near the thumb buttons that I think is a macro setter, not sure, never used it.

#18 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -
MX518
#19 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -

My 518 is starting to get a little ratty, with the plastic covering on the sides starting to sort of flake off. After this thread I may pick up a G400. I love the MX518 so much.

#20 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5154 posts) -

@furiouscabbage said:

I personally am using a Razer DeathAdder mouse. I bought one about a year ago with my new rig and liked it so much I bought another that I brought to work for everyday use. It's got a great weight and size that fits my hand really well. I'm not one to program a ton of buttons, so I'm just fine with just the back and forward thumb buttons on the side.

Same here.

#21 Posted by RVonE (4699 posts) -

@Shookems said:

My 518 is starting to get a little ratty, with the plastic covering on the sides starting to sort of flake off. After this thread I may pick up a G400. I love the MX518 so much.

MX518 is a classic; such a good mouse!

#22 Posted by supamon (1334 posts) -

@myketuna said:

The cheapest Logitech mouse that didn't look awful (I'm looking at you G300). Also, I hear the MX518 was really good.

Logitech G400

The G400 you're using is the successor to the MX518. I'm using a G400 too and loving it.

#23 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8605 posts) -

Remarkly sturdy piece of work, its been working for a long while now.

#24 Posted by MrMuscle (448 posts) -

Im using a Razer Naga and a Belkin n52te

#25 Posted by myketuna (1756 posts) -

@supamon said:

@myketuna said:

Logitech G400

The G400 you're using is the successor to the MX518. I'm using a G400 too and loving it.

Yeah, I know. That was the other reason I chose it over the G300. The first being it wasn't $50+. And I also really enjoy mine.

#26 Posted by Village_Guy (2661 posts) -

Performance MX

All around a nice enough mouse, and it have served me well for some time now.

#27 Posted by DystopiaX (5360 posts) -

@MikkaQ said:

@ChrisOVC said:

Best mouse I have owned

Yup totally, plus the mouse button is on a hair-trigger, so clicking is really fast.

I would, but in-depth tests of the mouse's sensor- which, after all, is the most important part, bells and whistles aside- show that the R.A.T. mouse is one of the most inconsistently sensitive over a variety of surfaces. Probably not enough for the average user to notice (unless you're playing on some surfaces, I've seen complaints about it not working on various desks or whatnot) but I'll take a nice Logitech over that any day, cause you get ergonomics, weight, AND consistent sensors.

#28 Posted by Cronus42 (276 posts) -

@Hitchenson said:

MX518

MX 518 here too. Still going strong 6 years later. Hell of a mouse.

#29 Posted by GooieGreen (454 posts) -
Bringin' it back.
#30 Posted by Binman88 (3690 posts) -
Razer Lachesis
#31 Edited by CaLe (4050 posts) -

Apart from the constant glow, it's a pretty nice mouse. Fits my cute little hand perfectly.

#32 Posted by McBonJon (162 posts) -

@furiouscabbage said:

I'm also using this mouse as well. I really enjoy this one.

#33 Edited by gunstar (253 posts) -

it has never let me down

#34 Posted by MacEG (256 posts) -

@Hitchenson said:

MX518

This is the last and only mouse someone needs. I've had mine for almost 6 years and still going strong.

#35 Posted by Jimi (1126 posts) -

My MX518 got a bit worn down so I bought a g400 to replace it. I now use the g400 when I'm travelling and my g500 at home. I would have gotten another g400 but the allure of customizable weights was too ridiculous to pass up.

I tried a deathadder but it didn't fit my hand well, my hand was too big for it :/

#36 Posted by Cronus42 (276 posts) -

I have thought about moving on to something with side scroll and a few more buttons than just the back forward on the thumb. nothing crazy as the Razer naga, but a few more mouse hotkeys for Diablo and Dota2 and EVE wouldn't hurt.

#37 Posted by Jrinswand (1711 posts) -
@Jimi said:

This. I got it for free from Logitech when my G5 broke after using it for 3 years.
#38 Posted by Tesla (1944 posts) -

DeathAdder here as well. It fits my hand perfectly and looks cool without having superfluous buttons. All I need is that on the fly DPI switching, which it does.

Plus the blue lights match my laptop LEDs.

#39 Posted by rustyengel (8 posts) -

Razer Mamba

#40 Posted by Bleshoo (146 posts) -
#41 Posted by Three0neFive (2304 posts) -

Another MX 518 bro here. Like everyone said, goddamned fantastic mouse.

#42 Posted by phuzzybunny (173 posts) -

@McBonJon said:

@furiouscabbage said:

I'm also using this mouse as well. I really enjoy this one.

Me as well. Picked it up on an Amazon lightning deal. Best mouse I've owned but this is the first mouse I've owned over $40.

#43 Edited by allenibrahim (374 posts) -

Simple wireless mouse. Nice weight, good size, not too much click resistance, and a fantastic wheel. I love it, but I'm also of the opinion that actual gaming mice are a waste of money.

#44 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

@DystopiaX said:

@MikkaQ said:

@ChrisOVC said:

Best mouse I have owned

I would, but in-depth tests of the mouse's sensor- which, after all, is the most important part, bells and whistles aside- show that the R.A.T. mouse is one of the most inconsistently sensitive over a variety of surfaces. Probably not enough for the average user to notice (unless you're playing on some surfaces, I've seen complaints about it not working on various desks or whatnot) but I'll take a nice Logitech over that any day, cause you get ergonomics, weight, AND consistent sensors.

Well... what surface other than a mousepad does one use with a mouse? As long as it works on one (which it does) it's doing it's job.

Anyway for me the sensor isn't a big deal, I perform equally well in shooters with my RAT than I do with my old piece of shit Dell mouse. It's more about the comfort, the speedy clicking, and the adjustable sensitivity.

#45 Posted by Azzystyle (10 posts) -

@Village_Guy said:

Performance MX

All around a nice enough mouse, and it have served me well for some time now.

Picked this up specifically for D3. Typically I feel a little awkward with ergonomic peripherals but this feels great after a brief warm up.

The button below where the thumb rests is sneaky and I figured it out on accident. Enough binds to do what you gotta do.

#46 Posted by Ben_H (3428 posts) -

Korean Logitech G1 I bought of Ebay. Cost $25 including shipping and I prefer it to my old G9X, which costs ~4x more money. Super light mice are the best. Wow that thing is shiny, I never noticed that.

Crappy iPad picture of my mouse. Yay for not adjusting settings!
Also, that Razer mousepad (That is a Goliathus Speed to be exact) is much better than its Steelseries counterpart, the QCK. My old QCK started having the edges roll up after about 2 months and by a year in, all 4 edges were separating from the rubber backing, since I kept rotating the mousepad so I could avoid making it worse on one side. This one, which costs a bit more, is not only thicker, but it also has that nice edging stuff that keeps it from fraying or rolling up. Well worth the extra money.
#47 Posted by Pobearo (108 posts) -

Try not to be too jealous. It was free and it does the job. Nuff said.

#48 Posted by NorthSarge (254 posts) -

I have a Logitec MX510, all too similar to the MX518 that a bunch of people here love, but i have to say i've had this thing for somewhere bordering on 7-8 years and its still alive. Should probably upgrade soon, there is some serious wear and its getting a bit unwieldy looking, like it survived through war or something.

Anyway, Its simple and works very very well.

#49 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

G500 for my Desktop, G5 for my Laptop. Been using Logitech Mice for years and plan to stick with em.

#50 Posted by RazielCuts (2986 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.