Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Real Money Auction House is available

• 54 results
    Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Rayeth

Be safe with your accounts duders. I think Blizzard is requiring authenticators for access to RMAH, but not sure about that yet.

But from what I can see they have not enabled commodity auctions in the RMAH yet (gems, recipies, etc), only items. So buyer beware! Prices are utterly insane as is expected in the opening days, when items don't have a good value defined yet. Do your homework and make sure you remember that there is a 30% cut taken from what you sell (15% Blizzard, 15% Paypal) when you choose to cash out. RMAH Transaction fee is $1, and minimum bid value is $1.25

BNB82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BNB82

You cannot use Paypal to sell items, yet, which makes the money you make almost useless.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

The prices I'm seeing right now are...unbelievable.
    If anyone actually pays those amounts for such easily replaceable items they deserve to be bums.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By sjschmidt93

From what I'm reading as long as you dump the money into B.net balance there will be no Paypal cut? I'm not sure about the Blizzard cut. Also, is there a way to withdrawal from B.net balance?

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By pweidman

Some rediculous prices in there day one, to be expected. This whole RMAH gives me the creeps anyway. Maybe I just don't understand why Blizz thought it was necessary and a good idea. Gold AH for me only for sure, and I just hope the economy in there isn't affected too much by the RMAH.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ravenlight

@pweidman said:

Some rediculous prices in there day one, to be expected. This whole RMAH gives me the creeps anyway. Maybe I just don't understand why Blizz thought it was necessary and a good idea. Gold AH for me only for sure, and I just hope the economy in there isn't affected too much by the RMAH.

It was necessary to curb the grey-market real-money sites that popped up around D2 and really dragged down the play experience and the ingame economy. While I agree it is kind've icky, I'd rather have a Blizzard-sanctioned pawn shop than be inundated with floods of spammers and scammers associated with the grey-market ones.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By stinky

i bought a digital copy of Diablo on release day, which means i have to wait 3 days before i can use the real money AH.

obviously i am a crook up to no good.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope I'm wrong here, but this sounds like it'll turn the game into pay-to-win. How are you going to be able to compete in PvP (whenever that drops) or have as good a character as someone who uses the RMAH

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By ichthy

I have made $10 so far. Something about free money that makes all my objections disappear.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ravenlight

@ichthy said:

I have made $10 so far. Something about free money that makes all my objections disappear.

Out of morbid curiosity, what did you manage to sell?

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BrockNRolla

@addictedtopinescent said:

I really hope I'm wrong here, but this sounds like it'll turn the game into pay-to-win. How are you going to be able to compete in PvP (whenever that drops) or have as good a character as someone who uses the RMAH

As much as I don't understand why someone would spend real money on this auction house, I equally do not understand why someone would care about pvp in Diablo.

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By wunder_

Man there are some CRAZY fucking items on sale. Saw a 1.1k dps 1h for $250, jesus.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @pweidman said:

There was a screenshot on reddit of someone selling a Stormshield for $250.  An actual screenshot of their screen saying "Sold" I mean.
    Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BrockNRolla said:

As much as I don't understand why someone would spend real money on this auction house, I equally do not understand why someone would care about pvp in Diablo.

I don't care for PvP either, but the point is the RMAH breaks it for those who do care, or even to those who just want to fuck around with it from time to time.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BrockNRolla

@BrockNRolla said:

I don't care for PvP either, but the point is the RMAH breaks it for those who do care, or even to those who just want to fuck around with it from time to time.

Sure. I'm not saying you're wrong, but in normal circumstances, unless you're the type of person who is going to invest huge amounts of time farming loot, you'd never be able to do well in pvp anyway. So, to play pvp with any kind of success you'd either be A) Crazy enough to buy items with real money, or B) Crazy enough to spend a hundred hours farming loot. Either way, it's crazy and not really supportive of all but the most ridiculously hardcore characters. Does that mean someone with a lot of money on their hands can buy their way to the top without the time investment? Yes, and for someone who thinks the time-sink is worthwhile, that would probably be pretty upsetting.

Like I said though, I just don't think it would have been an enjoyable experience either way you'd cut it.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BrockNRolla

@Wunder_ said:

Man there are some CRAZY fucking items on sale. Saw a 1.1k dps 1h for $250, jesus.

Gross.

Is that an intensely good item? I mean, I'm in Hell and rocking something with a 220ish dps, so it sounds sort of incredible. I just don't have a sense of whether or not it really is.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By gamefreak9

@BrockNRolla: I think i've seen 1.2 k dps. So its good but not the best.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ares42

Watching a stream with a guy looking at what items are selling for it really just hit me how this is gonna be a sad sad day for gaming. I don't care about the pay to win, or dubious deals or whatever. The really sad part is that with the amount of money Blizzard is gonna make on this it's gonna turn into the new "CoD style progression" thingie. We're gonna see so many developers chasing this, just like they went chasing WoW and CoD, and game design is gonna be heavily influenced by it. Following the CoD wave we've already seen loot being introduced in almost every genre, with games like SSX as a prime example of pointless treadmill loot implementation, so we're already halfway there. Compared to DLC and microtransactions the potential for profit is just so ridicolously bigger that the publishers would be stupid not to push it.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19  Edited By xymox

@stinky said:

i bought a digital copy of Diablo on release day, which means i have to wait 3 days before i can use the real money AH.

well yeah, obviously, 's what you get for buying the game

i got the same message when hitting the button in-game. It would be nice to sell some stuff and get back the money I spent on the game.

Artigkar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Artigkar

@Cataphract1014: Do you have a link to that screenshot?

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ichthy

@Ravenlight: Nothing special. Bracer with a little over 70 in str, vit, and resist all and a couple cheapie $1.50 items.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cataphract1014
    Artigkar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Artigkar

@Cataphract1014: wow, thats one expensive digital shield!

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Cincaid

It's not up in EU yet (Wednesday I think?), but do you have to have a PayPal account to see any of the cash? I mean, can't it just link directly to your Visa or whatever? Not that I'm planning on selling any items (since I doubt I'd get any sold, heh), I'm mostly just curious.

Edit: Read their (LONG!) FAQ, and yes it seems you need a PayPal (or similar third-party) account to see any "real" cash. Also that option isn't available in all regions. Think I'll just save me the headache and stay away from the RMAH, or maybe at least try to fill my Battle.net with some cash for future expansions and/or Titan.

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Robo

This is kind of shitty. And not just because of the completely absurd prices from people trying to beat the possibility of better drops in 1.0.3.

Decent items will now more likely be put up on the RMAH instead of the normal one and the regular AH's economy will be fucked anyway from people buying gold (which, up until now, has always been one of Blizzard's talking points as to why gold farming/selling was so terrible).

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Subjugation

What exactly can you do with a Battle.net balance?

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Robo

@Subjugation said:

What exactly can you do with a Battle.net balance?

Buy other Battle.net digital properties.

No transfers, no cashing out.

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Rayeth

You can buy Heart of the Swarm when it comes out. Or a WoW expansion, or I guess more D3 items.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29  Edited By Marz

I have my account linked with paypal, but i'm getting errors trying to sell stuff. So i'm not even going to try this week.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#30  Edited By Dagbiker

@ichthy said:

@Ravenlight: Nothing special. Bracer with a little over 70 in str, vit, and resist all and a couple cheapie $1.50 items.

Its like going to a forgen land and trying to figure out if my money is worth any thing, what you said was just mumbo jumbo to me.

Hyperglide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Hyperglide

There's going to be massive spikes of bad pricing in the RMAH for a while. Until the market levels off and we start seeing reasonable prices I'm not going to touch it. There's currently no baseline for what's a fair value so I'm going to avoid it like the plague. I might just peak in though just out of morbid curiosity to see the insane pricing.

TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheAdmin

@stinky said:

Yeah, same here. What the hell is the reason for that I wonder...

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By sjschmidt93

@TheAdmin: Probably gold farmers.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Marz

omg guys... i sold something for 250$... i'm not even joking.

No Caption Provided
    gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By gamefreak9

@Marz said:

omg guys... i sold something for 250$... i'm not even joking.

No Caption Provided

lol! Don't spend it and you won't ever need to spend money on a blizz game again!

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Aetheldod

@Marz: Why spend over $ 200 in a game ... thats like 3 games D:!!!! Some people are crazy (or got hold of Dad´s cred card..... he wont be please coming the end of the month) ... but good for you duder

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#37  Edited By fox01313

Went to look through the real money AH with one of the two legendary items (some level 15 chest armor which is okay), with 7+ pages of just that one item it was going from $2 to over $30 so I personally don't expect that real money AH to be all that workable. I would have preferred they just do something similar slightly to Eve Online but just in WoW where you could sell items on this AH & get credits for your subscription length. Of course in Diablo3 this idea wouldn't work but I imagine once the PVP sets in with a ton of people just buying their way to the top it will be a mess of an idea. At least this patch removed general chat from defaulting to being on.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Marz

@Aetheldod said:

@Marz: Why spend over $ 200 in a game ... thats like 3 games D:!!!! Some people are crazy (or got hold of Dad´s cred card..... he wont be please coming the end of the month) ... but good for you duder

it's why i setup my account to transfer to paypal so i can actually use the money on real stuff other than blizzard games.

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BionicRadd

@fox01313 said:

Went to look through the real money AH with one of the two legendary items (some level 15 chest armor which is okay), with 7+ pages of just that one item it was going from $2 to over $30 so I personally don't expect that real money AH to be all that workable. I would have preferred they just do something similar slightly to Eve Online but just in WoW where you could sell items on this AH & get credits for your subscription length. Of course in Diablo3 this idea wouldn't work but I imagine once the PVP sets in with a ton of people just buying their way to the top it will be a mess of an idea. At least this patch removed general chat from defaulting to being on.

Everyone keeps talking about PVP in Diablo like its going to be on par with Starcraft. It's not. Blizzard flat out said they won't balance for it and they're only throwing it in as "something else to do". That said, high skill + decent gear can get you past a twinked idiot who doesn't know what he's doing.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By sjschmidt93

@BionicRadd said:

@fox01313 said:

Everyone keeps talking about PVP in Diablo like its going to be on par with Starcraft. It's not. Blizzard flat out said they won't balance for it and they're only throwing it in as "something else to do". That said, high skill + decent gear can get you past a twinked idiot who doesn't know what he's doing.

Yeah, what about a twink that does know what he's doing?

jasonefmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jasonefmonk

The prices are insane. I see items worse than mine (Act 2 Hell) going for $5-10. It will level out eventually but some people are a little crazy with their cash.

I am glad the put this in to the game, instead of leaving it to shady black-market sales.

And to the $250 sale above: jee•zus•christ.

Stepside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By Stepside

The prices are ridiculous. The whole thing's shady to me anyway, so I'm definitely staying away.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43  Edited By Addfwyn

I have no real ability to use it, since I don't have a SC character, but I sorta wish I did. I imagine that until prices settle a bit, the first few days of the RMAH will be a time to make some substantial money.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MikeFightNight

I will not buy anything from it, but it is fun to browse the economy forming around it. Like the Legendary String of Ears belt. It ranges from $250.00 - $4.50. Hahahah.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jack268

It appears it's been delayed in Europe? Says it will be available on the 15th now. And I was looking forward to making some fool pay big wads of money for shit items.

Pop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Pop
    ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ExplodeMode

This is really bumming me out. People spending hundreds of dollars to fill an item slot? Fuck.

darklight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By darklight

"Hi, my little brother is making more than 600$ a day working to get item in Diablo 3. Go to http://us.battle.net/d3/en/ to learn more about it."

This will be the new bot message we will have here in a few day. Wonder if some people will leave their job to live and profit only from RAHM.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By WMWA

=(

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50  Edited By xymox

So $250 is the cap?

Will make more sense in the future to sell items for 300+ mil on gold AH, and then sell the gold. Pretty pointless cap.

Before RMAH launched, 1 mil directly translated to $10, so for weapons selling at $200, it's actually not far off from what the cost in gold was to begin with.

That's not saying the gold price isn't overpriced, because it is, and anyone in their right mind wouldn't buy an item for more than $10 unless it's an absolutely perfect roll. As in, you can't get an improvement for that slot. At all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.