Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

So, how much time have you "spent" with the game?

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By TobbRobb

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TobbRobb

Just a general wondering, I've put down over 40 hours in just 3 days, and I just figured I'd check what the avereges out here are.

Feel free to brag and tell us your level as well, maybe we can do some math with level/h or something. I'm 54 for the record, with a level 20 alt.

Avatar image for wrinklydinosaur
    WrinklyDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By WrinklyDinosaur

Woah man! I have put in about 10ish hours. I am currently around level 23ish (?) near the end of A2

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#4  Edited By StarvingGamer

I want to say 20-30 hours. Between running an alt and powering various friends through normal, I've only managed to make it halfway through Act III Nightmare.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By breadfan

Roughly 18 hours. I think there was some hiccup because it says the playtime on my Monk is less than the stats for overall time played as a Monk.

Avatar image for phantomgardener
    PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PhantomGardener

Lvl 22, spent about 14 hours. Anyone know if you gain less experiense if you use an npc follower?

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By eroticfishcake

No idea. Got it yesterday and I've been playing since so 20+ hours? It's currently four in the morning here that I know. I only stopped since they're taking the servers down for maintenance. Won't be able to play again until Sunday though. :/

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#8  Edited By galiant

37 hours, Demon Hunter level 42, early Act II on Nightmare.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By MildMolasses

None. After spending 2 days with the shitty downloader (3 tries to finally get it to download fully) i picked my character and then the game gets stuck on a loading screen before i get disconnected.

I did manage to get an actual game started once, but there were no npc's loaded, and i could clearly see the edges of the world which lead to a an infinite grey area

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Canteu

I'm at about 60 hours.

jaxjaggywires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By jaxjaggywires

About 26 or so...

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Jaktajj

Why is 'spent' in quotation marks?

ARE YOU IMPLYING I'M PUTTING MY PENIS INTO DIABLO 3?????????????

BECAUSE I'M NOT.............any more, at least. Not until I get home.

Edit: On a serious note I've "spent" ~32 hours so far. Take that to mean what you will....

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By kindgineer

23 hours total, now. Just finished a couple of parts in ACT I Nightmare.

JaredA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JaredA

Just beat it on normal and it took me about 25 hours, but keep in mind I explore everywhere. I beat it at level 32.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Syndrom

i have 37 hours in on my monk. currently act III hell. Level 57.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By VierasTalo

Around 5 hours, I think. Just reached level 11. Not the most fun I've had, but will do while I wait for MP3 to show up in the mail.

destruktive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By destruktive

somewhere between 30 and 40. I can't really check now since the servers are down but I'm at hell now with a 50-something demon hunter.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AndrewB

9 hours on the nose. Most of the times I've been wanting and able to play, the servers have been undergoing maintenance. Really wish they'd let me up the difficulty level without finishing the game first.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Venatio

I've spent around 11 playing as a Wizard

And around 2 with my demon hunter

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Canteu

@AndrewB said:

Really wish they'd let me up the difficulty level without finishing the game first.

No, no you do not.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TobbRobb

@AndrewB: Considering the difficulty leap between normal and Nightmare, no you do not. I'm pretty damn sure nightmare would be impossible with a level 1 character.

I'l agree that Normal could be a bit harder though, don't think I died once. On the flipside, Hell has killed me like 120 times.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By MEATBALL

A little over 30 hours, just hit Act IV on Normal >.>

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By phrosnite

4 hours

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AndrewB

@Canteu said:

@AndrewB said:

Really wish they'd let me up the difficulty level without finishing the game first.

No, no you do not.

Yes... I do. Not only have I not died on Normal; I haven't even come close to dying. Granted I'm only in Act 2, but that's still a difficulty imbalance. The early game is getting boring.

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3d2213a4d
    deactivated-64ba3d2213a4d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

About 15-16 hours.

I'm about 3 chapters into Act 3 with a level 27 Wizard.

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Icemo

Too much since I'm having withdrawal symptoms because the EU Battle.net servers are down for maintenance now and I can't play! Urgh

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Canteu

@AndrewB: Difficulty is not simply harder difficulty. The enemies are at a much higher level.

I'm not sure of the values in D3 but in D2, Nightmare Act 1 Quillrats start at level 32.

The game gets harder after act 2 normal, it is simply to ease you in before the murder of later difficulties. Enjoy the easy sections while you can.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AndrewB

@Canteu said:

@AndrewB: Difficulty is not simply harder difficulty. The enemies are at a much higher level.

I'm not sure of the values but in D2, Nightmare Act 1 Quillrats start at level 32.

The game gets harder after act 2 normal, it is simply to ease you in before the murder of later difficulties. Enjoy the easy sections while you can.

But that's my point. It's a problem. Make normal a tad bit more difficult; don't make normal brain-dead easy and then drop you into an impossible scenario. I don't care that the higher difficulties require higher-level characters, I want more of a challenge right now, OR I want the ability to up the difficulty level and start at their recommended level.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By Grillbar

lvl 53 on act2 on hell so close to 40 hours

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Syndrom

@AndrewB said:

@Canteu said:

I'm not sure of the values but in D2, Nightmare Act 1 Quillrats start at level 32.

But that's my point. It's a problem. Make normal a tad bit more difficult; don't make normal brain-dead easy and then drop you into an impossible scenario. I don't care that the higher difficulties require higher-level characters, I want more of a challenge right now, OR I want the ability to up the difficulty level and start at their recommended level.

Me and two mates just rushed our asses through normal, didn't even pay attention to the story. I played solo through nightmare and took it alot slower and even explored more.

Normal is to easy agreed, but it helps you to learn the ins and outs of your char imo.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AndrewB

@Syndrom said:

Me and two mates just rushed our asses through normal, didn't even pay attention to the story. I played solo through nightmare and took it alot slower and even explored more.

Normal is to easy agreed, but it helps you to learn the ins and outs of your char imo.

My point is that after the first act, I know the ins and outs of my character, and I'm really bored with the combat part of the game. And since I'm stuck on normal, I'm not even getting the loot I need to feel accomplishment. The best gear I have is the extremely rare epic drop and stuff I've crafted. I shouldn't have to slog through another 20 hours of campaign to unlock a real difficulty level. 20 hours of time is crucial to someone with a limited amount.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

50+.

I love the game.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Syndrom

@AndrewB said:

@Syndrom said:

My point is that after the first act, I know the ins and outs of my character, and I'm really bored with the combat part of the game. And since I'm stuck on normal, I'm not even getting the loot I need to feel accomplishment. The best gear I have is the extremely rare epic drop and stuff I've crafted. I shouldn't have to slog through another 20 hours of campaign to unlock a real difficulty level. 20 hours of time is crucial to someone with a limited amount.

Hey sure i understand, but combat doesn't get all that more exciting really, yeah sure shit hits the fan and gets intense but it keeps te basic concept. you click stuff, and then you click some more to pick up the stuff they drop. Are you sure this type of game is for you then? Because it gets grindy real fast.

And to be fair the campaign is only about 10-12 hours in lenght.

But i agree, normal is just to damn easy, even nightmare is still a cakewalk if you know what to do. Hell is where shit can hit the fan real fast.

Neferon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By Neferon

50+, messed around with a couple classes.

Near the end of ACT 2 in hell now. Fun and challenging :)

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#35  Edited By csl316

Just under 18 hours, with a level 32 monk at the start of nightmare (finished the game solo). Game was great and monks are super fun, but I feel no need to keep going anytime soon.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#36  Edited By ajamafalous
    @AndrewB said:

@Syndrom said:

Honestly, Nightmare feels about where Normal in D2 was. I think they must've shifted the difficulties down a half-step or something, to make Normal much more accessible.

But, goddamnit people, the difficulty levels are linear in Diablo. It's New Game+, not "How much of a challenge do you want?"
    haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By haffy

@AndrewB said:

@Syndrom said:

If you're in act 2 after 9 hours of play no wounder it's getting boring. It's pretty easy to complete normal at a slow pace within 15 hours. Leave the side missions and extra dungeons till later difficulty's when it's actually worth the time to explore and getting the super chests.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Syndrom

@haffy said:

@AndrewB said:

@Syndrom said:

If you're in act 2 after 9 hours of play no wounder it's getting boring. It's pretty easy to complete normal at a slow pace within 15 hours. Leave the side missions and extra dungeons till later difficulty's when it's actually worth the time to explore and getting the super chests.

this.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AndrewB

@ajamafalous said:

Honestly, Nightmare feels about where Normal in D2 was. I think they must've shifted the difficulties down a half-step or something, to make Normal much more accessible. But, goddamnit people, the difficulty levels are linear in Diablo. It's New Game+, not "How much of a challenge do you want?"

It's just tough to see it as "more accessible" when the accessible option is not "easy" and there's no way to play on anything but normal at the start. No matter what anyone here tells me, I can't help but feel that that's a misbalanced difficulty situation.

I should not have to essentially waste my time playing through the game on a difficulty setting that doesn't suit me just so I can get into what the game should be offering me from the start. Keep in mind that, for context, I'm not someone who typically plays through *any* other game on anything but normal difficulty (with the exception of the Mass Effect series, which I for whatever reason can't play on anything but the highest difficulty).

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By haffy

@ajamafalous said:

@AndrewB said:

@Syndrom said:

Honestly, Nightmare feels about where Normal in D2 was. I think they must've shifted the difficulties down a half-step or something, to make Normal much more accessible. But, goddamnit people, the difficulty levels are linear in Diablo. It's New Game+, not "How much of a challenge do you want?"

D2 was honestly not a hard game. The biggest danger was iron maiden before it was removed and Nilihak.

Was so easy to be cheesy in that game as well. Instant quit, instant tp, instant pots. The only difficult thing about D2 was trading lol.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ajamafalous
    @haffy said:

@ajamafalous said:

@AndrewB said:

@Syndrom said:

D2 was honestly not a hard game. The biggest danger was iron maiden before it was removed and Nilihak.

Was so easy to be cheesy in that game as well. Instant quit, instant tp, instant pots. The only difficult thing about D2 was trading lol.

Sure, once you're loaded on uniques it wasn't hard. Challenging, but not hard. 

I'm talking about creating a new character and having no gear except for shitty whites/blues.
    Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Syndrom

@AndrewB said:

@ajamafalous said:

It's just tough to see it as "more accessible" when the accessible option is not "easy" and there's no way to play on anything but normal at the start. No matter what anyone here tells me, I can't help but feel that that's a misbalanced difficulty situation.

I should not have to essentially waste my time playing through the game on a difficulty setting that doesn't suit me just so I can get into what the game should be offering me from the start. Keep in mind that, for context, I'm not someone who typically plays through *any* other game on anything but normal difficulty (with the exception of the Mass Effect series, which I for whatever reason can't play on anything but the highest difficulty).

Then honestly i don't think a diablo type game is something for you really.

NordicGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By NordicGamer

I just beat hell after about 28 hours.

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By haffy

@ajamafalous said:

@haffy said:

@ajamafalous said:

@AndrewB said:

@Syndrom said:

Sure, once you're loaded on uniques it wasn't hard. Challenging, but not hard. I'm talking about creating a new character and having no gear except for shitty whites/blues.

I've solo'd hc hell on single player with a Necromancer, Assassin and got a Amazon into hell but died on my way to Memphisto.

With the runeword mod on single player to let you use ladder runewords it becomes quite piss. Items like Lore helm, spirit shield/sword and crafted items from the hoardric cube are all easy to find on a single play through.

I doubt I'll play hc on D3 for quite a while because of how hard the champions etc are. If the difficulty was the same as D2 I'd of started hc by now, but I'm finding it much harder. Nightmarish teleporting phase demons in hell are not to be fucked with, never mind inferno.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ajamafalous
    @haffy said:

I doubt I'll play hc on D3 for quite a while because of how hard the champions etc are. If the difficulty was the same as D2 I'd of started hc by now, but I'm finding it much harder. Nightmarish teleporting phase demons in hell are not to be fucked with, never mind inferno.

Definitely agree. I didn't die at all in Normal but died plenty in Nightmare, and in Hell I was getting fucking rolled for a while at the beginning of Act I. I'm 55, a little under halfway through Act II, and I can't fucking imagine playing hardcore because of how many times I've already died. It definitely seems like team comps make a big difference, though. My friend switched his Barb spec/gear to be tanky and things instantly became much more manageable (three of us killing while he holds aggro).
    mooptrain2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By mooptrain2

50+ already.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.