So, which class will you be playing first?

• 56 results
#1 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -
#2 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -

Personally, I'll be playing Demon Hunter first, mainly cause I love playing rogue classes. What about you guys? :)

#3 Posted by Gnubberen (774 posts) -

Monk. Gonna beat the living crap out of that Diablo guy...

#4 Posted by Management (596 posts) -

I will hopefully play this game with my friends and I like tanking, so I chose the Barbarian. It's kinda weird that there is not a more obvious tank, is the Barbarian even a tank at all?

#5 Posted by Adamsons (877 posts) -

Witch Doctor.

And I will exclusively be spamming toads.

#6 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Demon Hunter most likely.

#7 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5040 posts) -

I'm a wizard and that looks fucked up.

#8 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

I be digging da voodoo mon, witch papa doc be where it's at!

#9 Posted by Mnemoidian (955 posts) -

@Vodun: Who do you voodoo, ... err.

Anyway, personally, I'm not sure, Monk and Wizard both seem interesting. Liked the Diablo 1 Mage, but did not quite like the Diablo 2 Sorceress, but a bit worried about how well the Monk is at survival.

#10 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4827 posts) -

Demon Hunter or Witch Doctor, methinks.

#11 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1701 posts) -

I'm usually lazy and end up going the barbarian route, but I'm liking the look of this witch doctor.

#12 Posted by Witzig (328 posts) -

@SpunkyHePanda said:

I'm usually lazy and end up going the barbarian route, but I'm liking the look of this witch doctor.

Ripped the words right out of my mouth.

#13 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

Probably Wizard.

#14 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

Demon Hunter.

#15 Posted by TobbRobb (4754 posts) -
@Mnemoidian: The monk has a heal, several passive defence increases and a invulnbubble. Most of his attacks have decent range as well.

I'm going Monk.
#16 Posted by Wuddel (2098 posts) -

Witch Doctor. Hope I get my PhD until release, for an appropriate character name :)

#17 Posted by Spooty (86 posts) -

Demon Hunter for sure.

#18 Posted by RuneseekerMireille (325 posts) -

I'm going Wizard. The basic Magic Missile spell can turn into Cluster Homing Missiles! That sounds like fun to me!

#19 Posted by StarvingGamer (8380 posts) -

Barbarian since they are the only class that gets magic find cooked into their skills.

#20 Posted by Stahlbrand (838 posts) -

Lady Monk for sure. Love the haircut and punching corpses.

#21 Posted by Doctorchimp (4078 posts) -

Monk, I wanted to play him since the beginning when I saw him. Before it looked like no one was going to play him, but now it looks like people are jumping on.

I definitely want to try Witch Doctor and Demon Hunter.

#22 Posted by sawtooth (446 posts) -

Demon hunter, love the fact that they are powered by "hatred".

#23 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

wizard or Monk im going to try something different this time

#24 Posted by Addfwyn (1934 posts) -

Between Demon Hunter and Wizard. Probably Demon Hunter, as I always play hardcore and it seems a bit easier to keep a DH alive over a Wizard.

Zero interest in Monk, everything about it seems unappealing to me and everyone on most sites seems to be playing Monk, so it's going to be super overpopulated as well.

#25 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

Barbarian for sure, almost always play a tank warrior my first play through in RPGs.

#26 Posted by Zithe (1045 posts) -

Monk. Seems like the class has gotten more popular since the last poll on this. The Quick Look only solidified my decision.

#27 Edited by iamblades (13 posts) -

@Management said:

I will hopefully play this game with my friends and I like tanking, so I chose the Barbarian. It's kinda weird that there is not a more obvious tank, is the Barbarian even a tank at all?

this isn't really an MMO where there are hard team roles, where there has to be a tank or everyone dies. Basically everyone is just really good at killing stuff by themselves, and in a team it's even better. Don't really need to fit into a role, just have more damage so stuff dies faster.

The barbarian has several skills that can be runed to draw/knock enemies towards you, which are clearly tank skills, but I'm probabaly just going to use one of them(probably leap attack) to draw enemies in so I can slice them down with my AoE cleave. makes farming much more efficient, and maximizes the power of your AoEs. The fact that you can use it to keep enemies away from your teammates is secondary.

#28 Posted by Raineko (433 posts) -

I choose Monk. And after that Monk. And then Barbarian (or Monk).

#29 Posted by Ketchupp (673 posts) -

I chose Wizard but I'll probably be playing a Monk char at the same time. I just think a high level pimped out Wizard will be sick going by the skill calculator thingamabob.

#30 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1189 posts) -
#31 Posted by JCGamer (666 posts) -

I was thinking Wizard initially, then some of these more recent beta vids make the monk look really awesome.

#32 Posted by TheHT (11526 posts) -

Witch Doctor. The Demon Hunter looks badass but the little I played of Diablo 2, the Necromancer was so much fun.

#33 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

It is either Wizard or Barbarian. I like the massive DPS that the Wizard can deal, but I always love playing a huge, hulking barbarian in games.

#34 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Female Witch Doctor with zombie bears! Pow!

#35 Posted by StarvingGamer (8380 posts) -

@Management said:

@matthias2437 said:

Barbarian for sure, almost always play a tank warrior my first play through in RPGs.

Monks seem like they might make even better tanks than Barbs, with potentially over 90% dodge, 55% damage reduction, 180% bonus armor, and 50% enemy damage reduction. Plus they get a summon that boosts their max HP by 50% and can help offtank, all by going for something like this build here.

#36 Edited by jayjonesjunior (1090 posts) -

Mnk

#37 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2363 posts) -

The second I saw a monk class I knew it would be my main.

#38 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

With my friend, Demon Hunter.

With my Dad, Witch Doctor or Barbarian (probably WD)

Solo, Wizard.

#39 Posted by MarximusPrime (33 posts) -

Female Wizard

#40 Posted by Hilikus (279 posts) -

Toss up between Monk and Barb

#41 Edited by Vigil80 (434 posts) -

I'd rank my interest as:

1. Monk
  2. Demon Hunter
  3. Wizard
  4. Witch Doctor
  5. Barbarian

The barbarian's style has always turned me off. I'm a little surprised to see the monk rising to the top of the pile, though. I figured barbs and wizards would be getting a lot of the buzz.

#42 Posted by Floope (193 posts) -

The witch doctor seems like a pretty cool guy.

#43 Posted by Levio (1784 posts) -

In D2 the melee classes were usually more exciting than the kiting ranged classes, so I'll probably pick Barb or Monk.

#44 Posted by snowballingblood (52 posts) -

My gut reaction was Barbarian, so that's what I voted - but I am strongly considering Monk too. In the previous games I always did the first playthrough with Warrior (D1) and Barb, 'cos I guess its the most familiar. I have fond memories of my Barb wielding dual socketed crystal swords, tearing it up through hell. \m/

#45 Posted by DystopiaX (5335 posts) -

Monk. Especially that move/animation canceling is in the game I think it'll become the most technical and fun to play of the classes.

#46 Posted by MetalBaofu (1417 posts) -

I've been leaning towards monk, but that's not set in stone or anything.

#47 Posted by kishinfoulux (2402 posts) -

Played as only the Wizard thus far but I'm loving it. Wanna give the Demon Hunter and maybe the Monk a whirl too.

#48 Posted by Revixe06 (38 posts) -

Demon Hunter

#49 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4896 posts) -

Wizard. Monk is my favorite, but that's what my buddy will be playing.

#50 Posted by picklecannon (265 posts) -

I'm surprised that WD is in second place. I've always figured Barb Monk and Wizard are top three picks for people no matter what. I've been set on WD since before they were even announced. I love me some pet classes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.