Sometimes words fail me...

#1 Posted by Ghostin (369 posts) -
#2 Posted by sirdesmond (1235 posts) -

Wowwy... Zowwy... I could only get about 2 paragraphs in before I was overwhelmed with super-concentrated WTFness.

#3 Posted by penINC (136 posts) -

Pretty sure they're just trolling for hits. I don't even like Diablo, and even I can tell that idea is fucking retarded.

#4 Posted by Appuh (41 posts) -

*Facepalm*

#5 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -

umm okay. and earlier today i saw an article along the lines of 'what nintendo should learn from catherine'

did someone hands out a bunch of metagame cards and make people write an article about whatever came out

#6 Posted by ajamafalous (11959 posts) -

I just... I can't even.

#7 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -

What a stupid article and man.

#8 Posted by ProfessorEss (7323 posts) -
#9 Posted by Largo6661 (334 posts) -

wow that article was dump, diablo fps, i love the way some gaming websites dont feel the need to provide useful or interesting content. i guess not every site is like giantbomb.

#10 Posted by Crash_Happy (663 posts) -

@Ghostin: Well they can relax, they're getting Syndicate as an FPS.

#11 Posted by Witzig (327 posts) -

I have no faith in gaming sites anymore besides Giantbomb. After reading that article where's a gun cuz here's my head.

#12 Posted by onarum (2066 posts) -

Yeah I wont even comment on that....

#13 Posted by VoshiNova (1677 posts) -
#14 Posted by ModernAlkemie (363 posts) -

Would my monk get a red dot sight for his fists?

#15 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -
@VoshiNova said:

@ProfessorEss said:

Hellgate London anyone?

hahaha

Come on guys, at least they tried. 
#16 Posted by Eurobum (244 posts) -

@Ghostin said:

http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/diablo-iii/1195932p1.html An article arguing that Diablo 3 should be an FPS.

FP not FPS as in Shooter. Melee combat could have been first person or 3rd person action. When this question came up Joe Blizzard thought 1st/3d person, but then it will look like WoW, nobody wants THAT.

Seriously the only exciting thing about the beta is the barbarian female.

#17 Posted by HotSauceMagik (264 posts) -

I actually read the whole article, which is not too bad BTW. Yes the first few paragraphs are super mega inflammatory, but the kid eventually comes to the conclusion that it wouldn't be Diablo if it wasn't isometric 3rd person.

There is a nice summary in the comments of the article in between several " ZOMG GTFO U FUKKING NUBZORZ LOLO!L!LLOL!!111!!" type comments.

#18 Posted by coakroach (2490 posts) -

I am filled with so much hate right now.

#19 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

Why would anyone visit that dead gaming website?

#20 Posted by HellBrendy (994 posts) -

So... Borderlands then? I don't see the big fuzz.

#21 Edited by Lokno (386 posts) -

First its too colorful, now it needs to be an fps. I think everyone just wants Doom 3.

#22 Posted by Addfwyn (1921 posts) -

I understand he isn't saying that Diablo 3 should be a shooter (though his argument seems to come from 'I Like FPS, all games should be FPS') but the dungeon crawler genre doesn't need to be first person. Taking it from his perspective, I understand where he is coming from and I wouldn't be that upset if he were Random Dude that likes Call of Duty and just happened to like the FPS genre. He is supposed to be a game journalist though, and this just speaks for a total lack of understanding of the genre.

@drag: I'd argue for the 'nintendo could learn from catherine' argument before the 'diablo should be a first person RPG' argument.

#23 Edited by Nicholas (389 posts) -
#24 Posted by Doctorchimp (4074 posts) -

Where's that dude who said Diablo would be better suited for a gamepad?

I think they can squeeze out a blog series.

#25 Posted by bybeach (4790 posts) -

Yes..YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! Where is that Bison meme! Ah needs it!

#26 Posted by Zithe (1045 posts) -

@Nicholas said:

Jeff Green is The Man

Also, Bennet Ring is the EDITOR-IN-CHIEF. Astonishing.

Wow. I'm not sure there was a reason to be that harsh, but that was definitely interesting to read.

#27 Posted by supermike6 (3557 posts) -

Man, what if Starcraft was an FPS?

I'd be so much more immersed, man.

#28 Edited by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

How has this guy not been nominated for a Pulitzer yet?

Truly remarkable journalism, you know the type who isn't afraid to ask these daring questions that everyone thinks but don't dare to say.

#29 Posted by AyKay_47 (293 posts) -

HA

I wish I could get paid to say stupid shit.

#30 Posted by Seedofpower (3928 posts) -

Lol gamespy.

#31 Posted by easthill (351 posts) -

Wow, the whole article was redundant. Propose a first person view in the first half, then dismiss it in the second half.

#32 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

I agree.

#33 Posted by niamahai (1405 posts) -

medieval weapons aren't fun to use in first-person view 

now if you are talking about a Diablo game with DMC combat..

#34 Edited by Tennmuerti (8073 posts) -

Before I clicked the article link my only thought was that this is some kind of parody and social commentary on how everyone is mutilating old franchices into first person these days. Because no one can be that retarded can they?

Then I had a look at the article, and realised the dude was just trolling for hits.

#35 Posted by Swoxx (2993 posts) -
#36 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

Games. This guy needs some learning on them.

#37 Posted by Asurastrike (2166 posts) -

So, how many of you actually read the article?

#38 Edited by ikwal (225 posts) -

God damned it, I clicked the link before thinking! Should have known it was just trolling for hits. It's people like me who's ruining gaming "journalism", I'm so dissappointed with myself.

#39 Posted by Ghostin (369 posts) -
@Asurastrike
I read it, all of it.  I just couldn't believe how little he thinks of his readers.
#40 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -
#41 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Yeah, and maybe Warcraft should be a cel-shaded, card-based, tower-defense game.

I can keep doing this all day: Modern Warfare should be a kart racer.

#42 Posted by Atomicvideohead (43 posts) -

Do a search for "@bennettring" on twitter. The author is getting his ass handed to him.

#43 Posted by Shirogane (3569 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

Yeah, and maybe Warcraft should be a cel-shaded, card-based, tower-defense game.

Mario should be a....wait, he's already got everything covered.

#44 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Shirogane said:

@Ravenlight said:

Mario should be a....wait, he's already got everything covered.

I see what you did there ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.