Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Steamguard equivalent for Diablo 3 ?

Humpchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Humpchies

So the stories about account hacking is really freaking me out mostly because I don't have an authenticator. But would something along the lines of what Valve does to Steam account help ? Not sure about Valve's success in preventing hacking just thought it might help. Thoughts anyone ?

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By fox01313

Good question, as for the authenticator, they're cheap & work across all blizz games that use just the one tied to your account.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#3  Edited By Mnemoidian

@Humpchies: They do some Steamguard-similar stuff, actually. But a lot of it is connected to the Authenticator-model of security, which works better anyway (and according to Blizzard, there are no reports of accounts with attached Authenticators being compromised so far...)

I suppose you don't have access to any iOS, Android, Blackberry or Zune device? There are mobile authenticators for all of those. I wouldn't use the "desktop authenticator" linked around here, though... as it kind of defeats the point.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EXTomar

The difference with games with Steam Guard are they aren't in games that feature collected and readable value but I could be mistaken about that. It is handy that Steam knows where your "home" is and takes extra steps when someone from way outside logins in.

NaDannMaGoGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NaDannMaGoGo

Don't be too scared about getting hacked. In the end it's probably really not from inside the game but rather from outside Trojans and similar stuff. If you surf around with Adblock, NoScript and don't go to dodgy websites, it's unlikely that stuff will happen to you.

Still an authenticator probably won't hurt, and even though I personally never in my life had hacking issues I'm gonna get one soon.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By mosdl

You can also get a physical authenticator. Steam accounts get hacked too though btw.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.