Stumbled Across an Interesting Named Mob

#1 Posted by Spitznock (537 posts) -
Upon his discovery, I could do nothing more than shout "Garshaaaaaaasp!"
#2 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

Wow that's pretty cool, man.

#3 Posted by Winternet (8019 posts) -

Ahh, it's not that interesting.

#4 Posted by Spitznock (537 posts) -
#5 Posted by yoshisaur (2723 posts) -

Cool

#6 Posted by DeF (4889 posts) -
#7 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

There's also a Red Dead Redemption reference in the game.

#8 Edited by UnrealDP (1222 posts) -

There's also a named Betrayed in the Caldeum desert known as Nine Toads. His description is "Ravager of the Borderlands" and he drops a dagger called the Clipper, which has the appropriate text about dropping it and losing a toe.

#9 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

I'm more interested in the 8 FPS...

#10 Posted by Tennmuerti (8103 posts) -

@phrosnite said:

I'm more interested in the 8 FPS...

Taking a screenshot can momentarily slow the frame rate down. Happens with Fraps and D3 for me too even tho i'm normally at a steady 60.

#11 Posted by Village_Guy (2579 posts) -

Eh, that isn't really that interesting... I was hoping for something more interesting than Development Hell or Whimsyshire.

Still a bit cool I guess, though it seems pretty random.

#12 Posted by Nottle (1914 posts) -

@CL60 said:

There's also a Red Dead Redemption reference in the game.

What is the reference?

#13 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Nottle

@CL60 said:

There's also a Red Dead Redemption reference in the game.

What is the reference?

That part in RDR where you get flowers for a guys wife and go into his house and she's a rotting corpse on a chair, and you can hit her and her head falls off. Found a farmer and pretty much the exact thing happens.
#14 Posted by JackSukeru (5912 posts) -

@CL60 said:

@Nottle

@CL60 said:

There's also a Red Dead Redemption reference in the game.

What is the reference?

That part in RDR where you get flowers for a guys wife and go into his house and she's a rotting corpse on a chair, and you can hit her and her head falls off. Found a farmer and pretty much the exact thing happens.

If you happen upon this, don't forget to talk to him a lot. Hell make a lot of dead jokes until the player character begs him to stop.

#15 Posted by Nottle (1914 posts) -

@RockmanBionics said:

@CL60 said:

@Nottle

@CL60 said:

There's also a Red Dead Redemption reference in the game.

What is the reference?

That part in RDR where you get flowers for a guys wife and go into his house and she's a rotting corpse on a chair, and you can hit her and her head falls off. Found a farmer and pretty much the exact thing happens.

If you happen upon this, don't forget to talk to him a lot. Hell make a lot of dead jokes until the player character begs him to stop.

Oh Blizzard and there obsession on clicking on people to make them say funny things.

#16 Posted by Spitznock (537 posts) -

@Tennmuerti said:

@phrosnite said:

I'm more interested in the 8 FPS...

Taking a screenshot can momentarily slow the frame rate down. Happens with Fraps and D3 for me too even tho i'm normally at a steady 60.

This. I wouldn't be so silly as to try and play a game at 8 FPS.

#17 Posted by Winternet (8019 posts) -

Oh Blizzard, you so funny (courtesy of our beloved Matthew Rorie)

#18 Posted by WMWA (1162 posts) -

There's also an awesome Lost Easter egg/s too. In Act 2, found a pirate ship in the middle of the desert. Crate dropped "Black Rock Ledger 42" That ship on the island in Lost is the black rock and there are 6 ledgers. Yup. 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42. I got a big kick out of that

#19 Posted by dethmunky (24 posts) -

In act 1 I ran into a named monster who yelled "I will flense the skin from your bones!", which is what the demon prince yells in Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War.

#20 Posted by psylah (2177 posts) -

Garshasp is an actual mythical hero, and you'll find many named mobs that are named after mythological beasts and heroes.

I killed a Succubus by the name of Scathach last night, but I didn't immediately think that Blizzard must be fans of Persona 4 or the Endurance run. That would just be naive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.