Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

the diablo 3 coumminty...is crazy

css_switchfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By css_switchfoot

Have any of you been over to the official D3 battle.net forums? The community over there is nuts. Every person is sticking their head so far up the ass of the poster above them its ridiculous. Every single post is an argument. They even got mad at one of the forum mods for using his personal twitter account to talk about his life instead of the release date. I was really looking forward to the game, but after seeing the people I'd be playing with...man I might just run through solo.

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Jaktajj

@css_switchfoot: Have you ever played a Diablo game before? There's a good reason - they're so god damn good and it's been a ridiculous 10 years since the last one. A new one is on the eve of release and we're all bloody desperate! :D

It's like a long-lost parent I haven't seen for decades is coming home. Can't. Freaking (People of ages 18 and over read that as: FUCKING). Wait.

Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Adamsons

It isnt a persistant world, just clarifying. 

Most communities have a ton of dickheads, its pretty much the way of the world. Blizzard games usually attract a ton of people and naturally you are going to get a serving of idiots, to be honest im surprised that the Starcraft community is how it is.

Just find a group of people to play with and you will be fine, hell someone will probably set up a bomber group when the game has a concrete release date.

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Bwast

That's not exclusively Diablo's community, it's Blizzard's. All of their games are like that.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Blizzard games attract a lot of people, so it is almost like an event when a new game by them comes out.

What you see on the forums is a very vocal minority, that because they are so vocal it creates an image that the entire community is that like. But it never is, only a minority is.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Pibo47

@Bwast said:

That's not exclusively Diablo's community, it's Blizzard's. All of their games are like that.

Yeah. Most people in Starcraft 2 i played with were pretty chill. But WC3 and every other blizzard game i played was a living hell. Hopefully some of my friends buy the xbox version whenever that comes out...then i can play it with them...

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jetsetwillie

i would ban them for life for being cunts. that would teach them to be respectful in future.

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By unchained

There does seem to be a lot more vitriol going back and forth compared to most gaming forums. And that is saying a lot.

Those people are rabid for the release. I can somewhat sympathize. Blizzard was saying early 2012 for the release. They even had a beard contest (have? Those must be some scary beards by now) to lead up to the release of the game, and now it seems like it's off the map again. Still, dudes be crazy.

solidlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By solidlife

Think thats bad? go look at the wow forum and pvp balance.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By imhungry

Diablo was never really a community game for me though, never saw the appeal in playing with randoms.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mandude

My experiences with Diablo II taught me that everyone was nuts. It's good to see that they're still out there thriving.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MezZa

I tend to avoid blizzard's forums at all costs.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ravenlight

The thread title could apply to pretty much any coumminty [sic], really.

Avatar image for warlockengineermoredakka
    WarlockEngineerMoreDakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@Bwast said:

Pretty much this.

Be it Starcraft, Warcraft, Diablo, or their upcoming MMO (most likely), Blizzard's communities tend to be filled with vile brats.

Oh, and don't forget the DOTA community- as that arguably started as a Blizzard community. >_>

Its no longer a Blizzard community all matters considered- but its probably worse than all of Blizzard's communities combined. <_<

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By kindgineer

Just look at the posts reallllllly carefully and realize that probably 90% of the people causing the arguments are same in every thread. There are just some pathetic shmucks out there that have nothing better to do than be a dick on the internet. Oh, and welcome to the internet!

EDIT: And this is why companies rarely listen to the intelligent people on forums, because it is littered with so much crap you would literally miss it even if it was a flashing strobe light in the dark.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@Ravenlight said:

Pretty much.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By sins_of_mosin

When I was on the D3 forums during beta, I found them to be a bunch of fanboys. There are already games out that are better then D3 like Torchlight and Sacred 2 in just that genre. I let a bunch of people play the D3 beta and nobody wanted to play it more then a few hours.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Grimluck343

@solidlife said:

Only if you want to lose all faith in humanity.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
    deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like to imagine that the people QQ-ing on Blizzard's forums are just a very, very small percentage of the people who are playing those games. And that the majority are actually having too much fun to bother complaining on the forums.

I'm intentionally deluding myself to hang on to my faith in humanity.

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By haffy

@sins_of_mosin said:

When I was on the D3 forums during beta, I found them to be a bunch of fanboys. There are already games out that are better then D3 like Torchlight and Sacred 2 in just that genre. I let a bunch of people play the D3 beta and nobody wanted to play it more then a few hours.

Saying a game is better than another is opinion. Saying certain games are better than a game that hasn't been released, is kind of... weird to put it politely. Also there are plenty of people that have played the beta to death.

But I do agree with the majority of battle.net forums to be mostly pretty crazy fans, but people have been waiting for this game for a long time.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By dillonwerner

I'm pretty sure people were just as crazy for Skyrim, and people will be just as crazy for Half-Life 3

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure that's what happens when you wait 10+ years for a game

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By TheHT

@jetsetwillie said:

i would ban them for life for being cunts. that would teach them to be respectful in future.

except it probably wouldn't. :(

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pinworm45

I refuse to believe any part of the Blizzard community could be bad.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By Trilogy

@solidlife said:

Don't take this man's advice.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Aus_azn

To be honest, I just avoid the Battle.net forums entirely. The only reason I check them is to see if they've added achievements back into the beta.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By breadfan

Eh, most official boards for games have the crazies. Never understood why people bother with them anyway. It seems like they are just a hub for people to bitch.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By NickL

Thats just blizzards forums... any semi sane person was driven away from them years ago.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BisonHero

@Ravenlight said:

Agreed. My general rule is that anybody who cares enough about a game to post on the forums for that particular game is probably so into the game that they're just going to bitch endlessly about every slight imbalance or perceived problem, so no thanks. Which even afflicts places like Giant Bomb sometimes, when some people are so deep into this site that they make threads about which of the staff they like/dislike, which staff is good/not good at games, etc.

Floppypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#30  Edited By Floppypants

Diablo 3's forums are reflective of most gaming communities. Giant Bomb isn't some kind of haven of civil discourse. I've seen folks commenting on the Endurance Run that are terrible.

That said, I think Blizzard isn't going to be able to avoid having some hate thrown their way. This game has been in development for too long and the wait is frustrating. People are going to want to vent. The developers look pathetic and impotent not being able to even commit to a release date nearly four years since the game was originally announced. Think of all the games that were developed and released within that window of time. Imagine watching a trailer for a game today that ended with "Coming in 2016!" In my opinion, Blizzard deserves their forum trolls.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Sanity

@Unchained said:

There does seem to be a lot more vitriol going back and forth compared to most gaming forums. And that is saying a lot.

Those people are rabid for the release. I can somewhat sympathize. Blizzard was saying early 2012 for the release. They even had a beard contest (have? Those must be some scary beards by now) to lead up to the release of the game, and now it seems like it's off the map again. Still, dudes be crazy.

Since they missed a late 2011 release they we allowed to shave.

spartanlolz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By spartanlolz92

@WarlockEngineerMoreDakka said:

@Bwast said:

Pretty much this.

Be it Starcraft, Warcraft, Diablo, or their upcoming MMO (most likely), Blizzard's communities tend to be filled with vile brats.

Oh, and don't forget the DOTA community- as that arguably started as a Blizzard community. >_>

Its no longer a Blizzard community all matters considered- but its probably worse than all of Blizzard's communities combined. <_<

lmao your right about dota.

that community takes the top spot in my book for worst community -__- so sad because the games is so much fun

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MikkaQ

Tends to come with Blizzard's following.

But the people who post on the official forums are so beyond saving as die-hard fans, that it doesn't really matter what they say. They represent a pretty small subset of the people who will eventually buy Diablo 3 that you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a few decent people to play with.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.